• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So…I have this long commute and I philosophize in my own mind.

I don’t believe white privilege exists.
    I believe black disadvantage exists.

I don’t believe the people at large are generally racist, though there are definitely racists.
    I do believe in systemic racism. I see most of it at the hands of the Democrats. Their empty promises, pandering, policies. Though, as usual, Republicans are only in it for themselves at best, and complicit at worst.

Racism is something we need to talk about. The conversation the Country is having is about race. The biggest offenders think they have the moral high ground and control the narrative. They are going in the wrong direction.

I can say this, I have a black friend. (J/K).
    Well said.

Liberal talking point: Racism is a dsicussion we need to have; white conservatives are racists. End of discussion.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well said.

Liberal talking point: Racism is a dsicussion we need to have; white conservatives are racists. End of discussion.
    That’s the discussion. Last time I was physically in Annapolis in my WWNC shirt, the mad mommies continually referred to us as “the white supremacists” in their private conversations. They believed that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That’s the discussion. Last time I was physically in Annapolis in my WWNC shirt, the mad mommies continually referred to us as “the white supremacists” in their private conversations. They believed that.
    It makes it easier to hate us, conscience free.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Racism existed in the nation (and across the globe) for hundreds if not thousands of years. It has been illegal in the USA for decades...but not in the minds of many. There those race hustlers...Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for example...that make their living and a very good living by fanning the racist flames to keep it going. If racism truly disappeared they would each be out of a job and lose their gravy train...so they can't let that happen. And they're supported by the Democrat Party and organizations like BLM and Antifa.

You don't correct past discriminations by committing new discriminations...that only serves to keep the problem going...which of course is their aim and goal. Follow the money...in the end it's what it's all about.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've taken implicit bias tests before and researched them a bit... they're junk science. This is especially true for this test, where they used these questions as a metric for racism...
    View attachment 376966
    So inverting these would be, "black people need special favors or they can't work their way up like Irish, jews...etc" and "no matter how hard black people try, they won't be as well off as white people". Agreeing to that sounds prettttttttttty racist.

So I figure these results are mainly a reflection if the bias of the people running the study, rather than the participants of it. There was only ever going to be one outcome from it.
    "The soft bigotry of low expectations"
    When you go through life being told you are special and need special help, you begin to believe it.

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    "The soft bigotry of low expectations"
    When you go through life being told you are special and need special help, you begin to believe it.
    The last thing I ever want to hear from someone is that I'm special and need extra help. I want to be normal and unnoticed. I want to be just like everyone else. Just as good as everyone else dammit!

What if it's from Chrissie Hynde?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Except those asians how can they see with their eyes like that....

I am asian and before anyne gets worked up it was meant to be sarcastic/humorous.
    knowing you I thought it hilarious lol. I am a third Cherokee and people asked if I am a wake or asleep lol

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

I don’t believe the people at large are generally racist, though there are definitely racists.
    I do believe in systemic racism. I see most of it at the hands of the Democrats. Their empty promises, pandering, policies. Though, as usual, Republicans are only in it for themselves at best, and complicit at worst.

Racism is something we need to talk about. The conversation the Country is having is about race. The biggest offenders think they have the moral high ground and control the narrative. They are going in the wrong direction. They don’t know how to see all men as free, equal, and having the same wants and needs for their families.

All men are free and equal. Period.

yup

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I read and tried to understand the article, But I have no idea what point they were trying to make or how the data lead them to the conclusion that I have no idea what it was...

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    I've taken implicit bias tests before and researched them a bit... they're junk science. This is especially true for this test, where they used these questions as a metric for racism...
    View attachment 376966
    So inverting these would be, "black people need special favors or they can't work their way up like Irish, jews...etc" and "no matter how hard black people try, they won't be as well off as white people". Agreeing to that sounds prettttttttttty racist.

So I figure these results are mainly a reflection if the bias of the people running the study, rather than the participants of it. There was only ever going to be one outcome from it.

IB tests and questionnaires are total garbage. A few years back when our work created an Equity, Inclusion & Diversity department, they sent out one of those online exams during Hispanic heritage month. I came up as harboring implicit bias and was shown to have a generally unfavorable view of Hispanics and minorities in general. I FWD the results to the director of the EID department and asked how can this be considering I am half Mexican and that I took issue with how questions were phrased and the results.

Without missing a beat she responded that self hating minorities are common especially among those that are conservative (never discussed my political leanings or mentioned them so she just automatically assumed) and she said was there to talk to me about it to properly address my biases.

I sent a rather unfriendly email to our HR department, nothing ever came of it, but it aggravated the piss out of me knowing they are paying person so much money for such BS.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    IB tests and questionnaires are total garbage. A few years back when our work created an Equity, Inclusion & Diversity department, they sent out one of those online exams during Hispanic heritage month. I came up as harboring implicit bias and was shown to have a generally unfavorable view of Hispanics and minorities in general. I FWD the results to the director of the EID department and asked how can this be considering I am half Mexican and that I took issue with how questions were phrased and the results.

Without missing a beat she responded that self hating minorities are common especially among those that are conservative (never discussed my political leanings or mentioned them so she just automatically assumed) and she said was there to talk to me about it to properly address my biases.

I sent a rather unfriendly email to our HR department, nothing ever came of it, but it aggravated the piss out of me knowing they are paying person so much money for such BS.
    We had to take a IB test for school training in the hcpss. Afterwards, we were supposed to post publicly in a forum on canvas(our learning management system) about the results(yes... this is the same sh!t cults do). The director of diversity, equity, and inclusion for the hcpss was one of the first to share. He said he was surprised because the last time he took it, he showed slightly favorable bias towards black people, but this time it showed he had a negative bias towards black people (he's black). Rather than concluding that his experience clearly invalidates the test, since it was not reliable and showed that he, a black man and professional CRT pusher, was biased against black people... he concluded that he must be unconsciously developing an anti-black bias in his current environment(around white people) and must "do work" to remedy it. This brainwashing stuff is absolutely amazing to watch when you understand it academically but don't fall for it.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Racism is something we need to talk about. The conversation the Country is having is about race. The biggest offenders think they have the moral high ground and control the narrative. They are going in the wrong direction. They don’t know how to see all men as free, equal, and having the same wants and needs for their families.

All men are free and equal. Period.

:thumbsup:

I have no black friends.

I have no white friends.

All of my friends are generic humans and some animals.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    They are the White Suprematists. They don’t want black people to have guns.

subman

BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2015
    This article was confusing at best. Nevertheless, racism does exist in some gun laws. When Reagan was gov of California, he supported a bill prohibiting the open carry of loaded firearms because of the Black Panthers - who were advocates of gun rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting thread. Agree the subject should be discussed as we are now.
    We as a community have a lot of elephants in our room. Justice Thomas woke those elephants up. It’s incumbent on us to try to set the narrative. We are much better than they think we are.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We had to take a IB test for school training in the hcpss. Afterwards, we were supposed to post publicly in a forum on canvas(our learning management system) about the results(yes... this is the same sh!t cults do). The director of diversity, equity, and inclusion for the hcpss was one of the first to share. He said he was surprised because the last time he took it, he showed slightly favorable bias towards black people, but this time it showed he had a negative bias towards black people (he's black). Rather than concluding that his experience clearly invalidates the test, since it was not reliable and showed that he, a black man and professional CRT pusher, was biased against black people... he concluded that he must be unconsciously developing an anti-black bias in his current environment(around white people) and must "do work" to remedy it. This brainwashing stuff is absolutely amazing to watch when you understand it academically but don't fall for it.
    Actually, I don't find the director's 'change' in attitude surprising. What was the time span between his previous pro-black(if you will) opinion and the latest one? It might indicate that he's been paying attention to what has been happening in most urban areas throughout the country recently.
    There are many African-Americans who will 'cross the street' to avoid a possible confrontation with what might appear to be a group of black nogoodniks. It's not only a white thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom