• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maj Toure comments.

They sure didn’t come here. We’ve had some racist pricks, but the overwhelming sentiment here is that the 2A is for everyone. Correct me if I’m wrong, please.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Maj Toure comments.

They sure didn’t come here. We’ve had some racist pricks, but the overwhelming sentiment here is that the 2A is for everyone. Correct me if I’m wrong, please.
    Except those asians how can they see with their eyes like that....

I am asian and before anyne gets worked up it was meant to be sarcastic/humorous.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It’s a crock…start with a preconceived bias and look for anything to support it. Gun control is historically racist…but not in the way presented. Gun control has its roots in the post-Civil War South…southern Democrats passing laws meant to keep freed slaves from possessing firearms.

It hasn’t changed…Democrats are still trying to deprive minorities of their 2A rights…look at urban low income and subsidized housing…the Democrats who run these cities routinely passed laws prohibiting the possession of firearms by residents or they’re not allowed to live there...leaving them at the mercy of the criminal element.

Gun control is racist…the real racists control the narrative…and project their racism on others knowing full well they don’t get questioned or called on it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This was a huge prepared push in the last 48 hours. I make it a habit of flipping through different channels over the course of the day while driving, and this topic of gun ownership being about, and as a result of, systemic racism was everywhere.

Our society is living in a marketing campaign.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    It amazes me people how claim they want racism to end but keep injecting it into everything.

Then you tell someone you choose to not have a race and they label you a racist.

So over the race garbage. Can we move on?

No hands are innocent here

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Haters are gonna hate. Yes they do exist. Ask me me if I care because I don’t. I have the means to defend myself and loved ones and I don’t care what people think. I’m free and intend to stay that way using the tools I carry if need arises.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Seems odd. Especially since the party that has been trying to prevent black people
    from owning/carrying guns for the last 150+ years are the ones that claim to be against raism.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've taken implicit bias tests before and researched them a bit... they're junk science. This is especially true for this test, where they used these questions as a metric for racism...
    Screenshot_20220819-070503_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So inverting these would be, "black people need special favors or they can't work their way up like Irish, jews...etc" and "no matter how hard black people try, they won't be as well off as white people". Agreeing to that sounds prettttttttttty racist.

So I figure these results are mainly a reflection if the bias of the people running the study, rather than the participants of it. There was only ever going to be one outcome from it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have never thought of 'gun control' in terms of race. White privilege(means something different to whomever you ask)? Possibly.

I try not to view life through the prism of skin tone. I try, but when it's a part of everyday life, one can become inured to the idea. Still, I fight it.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I have never thought of 'gun control' in terms of race. White privilege(means something different to whomever you ask)? Possibly.

I try not to view life through the prism of skin tone. I try, but when it's a part of everyday life, one can become inured to the idea. Still, I fight it.
    It’s the same on the other side of the fence. It’s as if both sides are being motivated to be occupied with it while those who keep it going are also busy robbing the country.

Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    "The study consisted of just 88 White Americans"..........I'm no mathmagician, but what would be the margin of error on a poll like that? It'd have to be plus or minus 15-20% Useless information.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    It’s a crock…start with a preconceived bias and look for anything to support it. Gun control is historically racist…but not in the way presented. Gun control has its roots in the post-Civil War South…southern Democrats passing laws meant to keep freed slaves from possessing firearms.

It hasn’t changed…Democrats are still trying to deprive minorities of their 2A rights…look at urban low income and subsidized housing…the Democrats who run these cities routinely passed laws prohibiting the possession of firearms by residents or they’re not allowed to live there...leaving them at the mercy of the criminal element.

Gun control is racist…the real racists control the narrative…and project their racism on others knowing full well they don’t get questioned or called on it.
    Well said!!

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Politicians are the most racist a$$holes on the planet. To them, labeling everything they don’t preach as racist allows them to keep pushing their agendas.

They don’t like what someone says and they label them as racist. They don’t like people who believe in the constitution and they label them as racist.

**** all that noise. Your an a$&hole to me until proven otherwise and skin color don’t matter.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    This was a huge prepared push in the last 48 hours. I make it a habit of flipping through different channels over the course of the day while driving, and this topic of gun ownership being about, and as a result of, systemic racism was everywhere.

Sounds like another mass shooting is about to happen out of pure coincidence

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017

I believe this is exactly what it is. Bloomberg and Giffords drop money into a "research" campaign that is actually a marketing campaign. When the research, normally rife with confirmation bias-based findings is published, it's amplified via a bunch of communications and PR agencies. That's all it is. Slick marketing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So…I have this long commute and I philosophize in my own mind.

I don’t believe white privilege exists.
    I believe black disadvantage exists.

I don’t believe the people at large are generally racist, though there are definitely racists.
    I do believe in systemic racism. I see most of it at the hands of the Democrats. Their empty promises, pandering, policies. Though, as usual, Republicans are only in it for themselves at best, and complicit at worst.

Racism is something we need to talk about. The conversation the Country is having is about race. The biggest offenders think they have the moral high ground and control the narrative. They are going in the wrong direction. They don’t know how to see all men as free, equal, and having the same wants and needs for their families.

All men are free and equal. Period.

I can say this, I have a black friend. (J/K).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom