Are you willing to allow YOUR rights to legislated away for future political gain?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you willing to allow YOUR rights to legislated away for future political gain?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.0%
    • No

Votes: 94 94.9%
    • Depends on the benefit

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Let go.

Lets go get them. (vote_)

We definitely need to upset the Apple Cart... and that's what WE are about to do. (Go DINO)

Come get some. (do something, i.e vote, run for office, make Maryland a greater State)

We have plenty for you.

2000px-Maryland_in_United_States_(zoom).svg.png

Maryland is now what is commonly described by our friends in other states as a - depraved zone.

Where do you stand?

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Fighting for your rights on principle is ALWAYS the path that should be chosen, but you have to be willing to FIGHT ... and not just with your votes.

Maryland politics have become so lop-sided and toxic that any challenge to the DemocRAT-dominated hegemony is seen as a threat that must be crushed, thus the spate of new gun control laws being introduced ... SOLEY to force Hogan into a politically embarrassing veto which will be used against him in the next election.

WE need to step up our efforts and let it be known WHO we support and WHO we don't, which will also send a message to Hogan that we WON'T tolerate any more usurping of our rights. Join the fight. Embarrass THEM before they can use their proposed legislation to politically embarrass Hogan.

I completely agree and it is what I am hearing on several fronts. The dems are trying to bully their way through this legislative session and we need to do all in our power to either stop them or make them look even worse than people already know they are.

Do you have some insight that some of the rest of us do not have? I don't recall hearing anywhere that Hogan would veto any new gun control laws.

It's very apparent to those who are involved and interested what is going on. The dems are not exactly being quiet or discreet about how they are approaching things.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I completely agree and it is what I am hearing on several fronts. The dems are trying to bully their way through this legislative session and we need to do all in our power to either stop them or make them look even worse than people already know they are.

It's very apparent to those who are involved and interested what is going on. The dems are not exactly being quiet or discreet about how they are approaching things.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Let go.

Lets go get them. (vote_)

We definitely need to upset the Apple Cart... and that's what WE are about to do. (Go DINO)

Come get some. (do something, i.e vote, run for office, make Maryland a greater State)

We have plenty for you.

Maryland is now what is commonly described by our friends in other states as a - depraved zone.

Where do you stand?

More accurate?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Well, 97% vote NO. That is a huge message. Only issue is the political tactics in Maryland don't listen one iota to our voices. I've called and emailed on numerous occasions, I've went to Annapolis on numerous occasions.
    So were are WE?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    here is something I have been thinking a lot about;

this year I have sent just as many emails to reps as I did in 2013 BUT this year I have only sent a few to my reps asking that they vote pro gun and I got responses both email and phone calls. now I have refrained from sending pro gun reps too many emails demanding that they vote pro gun and pro 2a and I have sent FAR more to the antis to make the numbers seem the same to me.

what I am thinking about is why I have not received any, not even one, response from any anti. you would think I would at least get a few dozen auto replies or something.

why am I not getting any responses? are they deleting my emails? not receiving my emails? that cant be because I get a receipt saying they received them. or do they just not take emails from pro gun pro 2a people or do they have a list of email addresses they just don't accept? or is it that they don't respond to folks not in their districts?

oh well, let me send some more right now.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015

That is all well and good but I have yet to hear Hogan state he would veto any pro gun control legislation crossing his desk. Based on yesterday's promise to veto the transportation scoring bill, Hogan has no problem with letting his constituents and the MGA know where he stands on issues. I have to wonder why some of you are so all fired sure he will veto gun bills.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    That is all well and good but I have yet to hear Hogan state he would veto any pro gun control legislation crossing his desk. Based on yesterday's promise to veto the transportation scoring bill, Hogan has no problem with letting his constituents and the MGA know where he stands on issues. I have to wonder why some of you are so all fired sure he will veto gun bills.
    Did you mean to write anti-gun legislation? Or pro gun control?

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    You make it sound like we have a choice. 100% of gun owners could show up and antigun laws would still get passed. We just don’t have the numbers in this state.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    here is something I have been thinking a lot about;

this year I have sent just as many emails to reps as I did in 2013 BUT this year I have only sent a few to my reps asking that they vote pro gun and I got responses both email and phone calls. now I have refrained from sending pro gun reps too many emails demanding that they vote pro gun and pro 2a and I have sent FAR more to the antis to make the numbers seem the same to me.

what I am thinking about is why I have not received any, not even one, response from any anti. you would think I would at least get a few dozen auto replies or something.

why am I not getting any responses? are they deleting my emails? not receiving my emails? that cant be because I get a receipt saying they received them. or do they just not take emails from pro gun pro 2a people or do they have a list of email addresses they just don't accept? or is it that they don't respond to folks not in their districts?

oh well, let me send some more right now.

Use Delivery and Read receipts ... Post replies that say "Deleted without being read" ...

To: Carter, Jill Delegate
    Subject: HB1000 OPPOSE
    Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:22:29 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

was deleted without being read on Thursday, March 24, 2016 4:48:48 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

To: Brochin, James Senator
    Subject: SB1040 OPPOSE
    Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:18:09 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

was read on Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:39:29 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

To: Smith, Will Delegate
    Subject: HB1000 OPPOSE
    Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:22:29 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

was deleted without being read on Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:34:19 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

Note the courteous auto-reply from Hogan's office ...

Thank you for contacting the Office of the Governor. Each piece of correspondence is reviewed on an individual basis to ensure all concerns expressed by citizens and visitors of Maryland receive full consideration.

Please accept this as acknowledgement that your message has been received.

Very truly yours,
    Lawrence J. Hogan, Jr.
    Governor of Maryland

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    I think he meant anti-gun. I have heard news outlets assuming he would veto those bills, however... doesn't mean much, but it's something.

Yep. Many times the fingers work faster than the brain. I had hoped as I age the brain would learn to outrun the fingers but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Sometimes it's better to not provide your political opponents with inflammatory, rallying sound bites and fodder for their machine, and instead act judiciously at the right time when you have control of the message. That's politics.

Considering Hogan's political successes and effectiveness to date in an overwhelmingly hostile Democrat state, his political instincts, timing, and actions are obviously pretty darn good. I have to put some level of trust in his judgment, knowing that he's 10x better than the alternative.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Use Delivery and Read receipts ... Post replies that say "Deleted without being read" ...

Note the courteous auto-reply from Hogan's office ...

it took me months to figure out the delivery receipt thing but I will try and figure out the other.

and I have emailed hogans office over a dozen times and I haven't received any response and each time I got a delivery receipt. I will have to start saving them instead of deleting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom