Are you willing to allow YOUR rights to legislated away for future political gain?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you willing to allow YOUR rights to legislated away for future political gain?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.0%
    • No

Votes: 94 94.9%
    • Depends on the benefit

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just like the title says. Are you willing to allow bad bills to pass in order to not upset the apple cart in hopes that we receive a second term for Governor Hogan?

What assurances do you or don't you have to allow you to feel the way you do?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Wow. Am I willing? Not sure that I have enough clout to influence things one way or the other although I have tried. Am I okay with it? Guess it depends on the specific issue. I wish I could feel more optimistic about Maryland's political future, but I don't belong to any of the anointed classes and thus am not the beneficiary of free stuff. Like most of us here I have the privilege of paying for it though. After years of lobbying, writing letters and emails, making phone calls and visiting elected representatives (and being lied to by most), I think MD politics is a toilet and we're swirling around the bowl with the last floaters trying hard not to get sucked down even further.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    We can have BOTH

Fighting for your rights on principle is ALWAYS the path that should be chosen, but you have to be willing to FIGHT ... and not just with your votes.

Maryland politics have become so lop-sided and toxic that any challenge to the DemocRAT-dominated hegemony is seen as a threat that must be crushed, thus the spate of new gun control laws being introduced ... SOLEY to force Hogan into a politically embarrassing veto which will be used against him in the next election.

WE need to step up our efforts and let it be known WHO we support and WHO we don't, which will also send a message to Hogan that we WON'T tolerate any more usurping of our rights. Join the fight. Embarrass THEM before they can use their proposed legislation to politically embarrass Hogan.

Attachments

• Temp_AutoCollage_12_Images_2.jpg
      Temp_AutoCollage_12_Images_2.jpg
      138.6 KB · Views: 477
    Last edited:

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Fighting for your rights on principle is ALWAYS the path that should be chosen, but you have to be willing to FIGHT ... and not just with your votes.

Maryland politics have become so lop-sided and toxic that any challenge to the DemocRAT-dominated hegemony is seen as a threat that must be crushed, thus the spate of new gun control laws being introduced ... SOLEY to force Hogan into a politically embarrassing veto which will be used against him in the next election.

WE need to step up our efforts and let it be know WHO we support and WHO we don't, which will also send a message to Hogan that we WON'T tolerate any more usurping of our rights. Join the fight. Embarrass THEM before they can use their proposed legislation to politically embarrass Hogan.

Do you have some insight that some of the rest of us do not have? I don't recall hearing anywhere that Hogan would veto any new gun control laws.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hypotheticals and generalities aside, what specific rights, legislation, bills, apple cart, and future political gain is this thread and poll all about?

If Trump had simply refused to answer a hypothetical yesterday about abortion and criminal penalties, he could have avoided the latest needless and unhelpful dust-up.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Do you have some insight that some of the rest of us do not have? I don't recall hearing anywhere that Hogan would veto any new gun control laws.

No insight, just the same intuition that the Capital Gazette has already noted.

Our say: Slate of gun control measures is weak stuff

We've endorsed gun control measures we believed were sensible, were not covered by existing regulations and had some chance of improving public safety. But by that measurement, the key gun measures being pushed this year by legislative leaders and Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh strike us as a weak bunch — more an attempt to rally certain parts of their coalition and force Gov. Larry Hogan into embarrassing vetoes than to make Marylanders measurably safer.

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    Wow. Am I willing? Not sure that I have enough clout to influence things one way or the other although I have tried. Am I okay with it? Guess it depends on the specific issue. I wish I could feel more optimistic about Maryland's political future, but I don't belong to any of the anointed classes and thus am not the beneficiary of free stuff. Like most of us here I have the privilege of paying for it though. After years of lobbying, writing letters and emails, making phone calls and visiting elected representatives (and being lied to by most), I think MD politics is a toilet and we're swirling around the bowl with the last floaters trying hard not to get sucked down even further.

I agree.

"Willing to allow" is a bad choice of words. Its more like "have no other choice."

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

Doesn't matter. Even if he does veto, the GA just votes it down.

Honestly, this state is a lost cause.

Yes. Had I not already moved, I would certainly start making plans after the GA overrode Hogans felon voting veto. There's simply no way to turn this state around.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

As we know, it's mostly a matter of the Leftist urban population centers' elected representatives who bully and impose their values and rules on the more moderate rest of the state.

They ought to be more culturally sensitive to our diverse values and needs.

Maybe they need sensitivity training.

Meanwhile, has anyone told them flatly to enact their civil rights-restrictive laws for their own boundaries, but leave the unwashed rest of us alone, outside of their utopia?

The state used to do that with things like liquor. MoCo controls all the hard liquor stores in its jurisdiction and won't give up the revenue. There's precedent. Let them communize themselves.

How about amending FSA2013 next session with one simple prefatory phrase at the beginning? Just add the limiting clause, "In the counties of Montgomery, Prince Georges, and Howard, and the City of Baltimore..." Bingo. The rest of the state would be free(er).

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    rights taken away are RARELY given back.

who goes into government promising to reduce the number of laws? last time I checked there are too many already....

never give up a right, because the future isn't guaranteed.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Lost cause ... mmm ... Maybe, but we really need different tactics.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Hogan. That's why we need to crank up the volume on our side, especially calling out the domestic enemy DemocRATS, some of whom are wavering despite promises and pressure being applied by Mike & Mike. Make them feel MORE pain publically than Miller & Busch can inflict with a carrot and stick approach.

Miller, Busch support transparency in Maryland General Assembly, but jab at Hogan

“I’ll put one of the cameras up in his office and he can talk to the camera all day long, OK? How’s that?” Miller said. “I’m not big on showboating. That’s not my middle name. I’m not a show horse, I’m a work horse. I get the goddamn job done.”

Attachments

• Miller - Carrot & Stick.JPG
      Miller - Carrot & Stick.JPG
      55.9 KB · Views: 319

Boxtop

Sep 17, 2010
    Harford County
    Lost cause ... mmm ... Maybe, but we really need different tactics.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Hogan. That's why we need to crank up the volume on our side, especially calling out the domestic enemy DemocRATS, some of whom are wavering despite promises and pressure being applied by Mike & Mike. Make them feel MORE pain publically than Miller & Busch can inflict with a carrot and stick approach.

Miller, Busch support transparency in Maryland General Assembly, but jab at Hogan

I don't blame Hogan. I think he is doing about as well as he can do given what he has to work with.

I just don't see tactics that work. When you are outnumbered 3-1 things will just never go your way no matter how much you assemble, testify and protest.

People like us have little to no representation in this state. I don't think we are wanted or welcome here. I was born here and have lived here all my life and even still, it doesn't feel like home at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom