Are people actually getting the price they are asking for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I didn't think he was talking to me, it is just a saying I use when someone is really strong in voicing their feelings. It wasn't meant to be taken personally or to be an attack, I have no problem with someone being strong in their feelings and convictions. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I didnt think he was referring to you.

Correct, I was not referring to him. I was just commenting on people complaining about pricing. Its the Market and in MD ist NOT dying down. There is legslation about Mags, Military Semi AUtos and Handgun Licensing. The panic here in MD is full swing and not dying.

Just for an example, Scotts Gunsmithing bought 50 Glocks a week ago, they are now all gone. Normally he takes a year to sell that many glocks.

He has 15 handguns in stock total when he had about 300 3 weeks ago. He cant resupply because no distributors have anything.

I built a custom AR from buying parts on Gun Broker. I paid at least 2-3x on many parts to get a gun assembled for the rack. I walked up front with it and it was bought before I racked it. It was $3100.00

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you search and are patient you can get stuff for good prices still..I've gotten a lot of stuff this past month and sold some parts I didn't need and made a killing on, it bought me a new 1911, 2more ars, mags and other stuff.

That means your accepting my $100 offer for an ak ;)

I forgot to mention you in my list. ;)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    The negative comments cut in two ways, 1) They belittle the buyer who just bought and paid. 2) They incorrectly lay blame for the prices on the seller (vs. the buyer, aka Market).

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Ill sell for what I want where legally allowed. If people dont like it they can kiss my ass. Its MY PROPERTY and people have no clue how bad I may need certain funds to support my family.

I dont owe ANYONE, ANYTHING here except maybe my Doctor, Norton, DD214, or 2SAM22. If they needed something I would do it on my own time and at my own cost. I have paid my dues here helping here.

I forgot to mention you in my list. ;)

To Browning Guy......

See I warned you about giving up the free booty to Chad.

I told you he forget you even after you gave him the Spartacus and the Gladiator parties.

Don't matter if it's EBRs or Weenis,

Lord Chadwick is a Playa.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    To Browning Guy......

See I warned you about giving up the free booty to Chad.

I told you he forget you even after you gave him the Spartacus and the Gladiator parties.

Don't matter if it's EBRs or Weenis,

Lord Chadwick is a Playa.

I did attend the Playa Haters Ball at the Holiday In Express. :D

Browning Guy would be on the list but last time he visited he forgot to bring me a Cheesesteak.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    I respect the need of those who do this for a living. You have to charge according to supply and demand. Without those vendors pricing things accordingly to replenish their inventory, I won't be buying a thing in 6 months!

I'm just a shooter who does this for fun, so I'm able to either trade or wait things out a bit when the market settles. It's capitalism, as it should be...supply and demand, plain and simple.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Gouging occurs when you know the person you are selling to can get to item from no other source, and you mark it way up. They are more or less "forced" to pay your price. This is free market.

Correct. Specifically, price gouging occurs during/after certain natural disaster, and other forced, or uncontrolled disruptions of necessities such as food, water, electricity. In precise, legal usage, it is the name of a crime that applies in some of the United States during civil emergencies. Items that are not true 'necessities' for living cannot, by defiinition, be included in the definition of price gouging or profiteering.

Proponents of laws against price gouging assert that it can create an unrealistic psychological demand that can drive a non-replenishable item into extinction. As of 2008, thirty-four states in the United States have enacted laws against price-gouging.

Price-gouging is often defined in terms of three criteria listed below:

Period of Emergency: The majority of laws apply only to price shifts during a time of disaster.

Necessary items: Most laws apply exclusively to items which are essential to survival.

Price ceilings: Laws limit the maximum price that can be charged for given goods.

A prevalent concern surrounding price gouging is that it exploits consumers. Supporters of anti price gouging laws argue that it is morally wrong for sellers to take advantage of buyer’s vulnerability and increased demand.

Buyers are not coerced to take part in this exchange and they voluntarily agree to pay the seller’s asking price.

In addition to these mandated laws, many businesses avoid increasing prices after a disaster in order to avoid consumer backlash and stigma.

So, we can be mad about having to pay higher prices during these panic buying times, and for not being prepared, but it's not price gouging or profiteering. We can choose to pay or not, these items are not necessities for life or survival at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom