• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I shot one last weekend on a carbine. Very nice !

I shot at 100, 150 & 200 on 8" plates, while it took 19 shots to get 9 hits, that was me figuring the optic out . I'm looking forward to shooting that gun again.

JT let you shoot his rifle? Did you get to try on the frog toes too?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I just ordered the Leatherwood CMR ( Close-Medium range) 1-4 scope. It is going to replace a Millett DMS-1 that recently broke. ( Reticle is canted by 15 degrees ,Sent it back , we'll see if they fix it)

http://www.leatherwoodoptics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51

I think it's reasonable. Time will tell if it stacks up to other scopes in this league.

Norton,

BTW,the BDC on this is also calibrated for the .308 ( 168 grain) and 5.56( 62 grain). It should work well with the FAL

Funny I just did the same thing except the DMS-1 didn't break it's going on a shotgun. The CMR looks pretty sweet for the money. BTW I live shark week, but I catch what I can and DVR the rest. leaving in a few hours for the beach to harass some inshore sharks for a few days,

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    JT let you shoot his rifle? Did you get to try on the frog toes too?

No shoe swapping occurred. They scared me when I saw them. I've never been scared by shoes before.

I came unprepared for the match with the 11.5" for that 200 yard stage. That optic is amazingly clear and easy to get on target.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    No shoe swapping occurred. They scared me when I saw them. I've never been scared by shoes before.

I came unprepared for the match with the 11.5" for that 200 yard stage. That optic is amazingly clear and easy to get on target.

Steel at 200 is tough without a good optic.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Steel at 200 is tough without a good optic.

I screwed up with gun choice for the match, I wasn't expecting the 200 yard stage or I would have grabed the TR24 gun.

I would love to re shoot that stage a few times with different guns. That stage went too quickly.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I screwed up with gun choice for the match, I wasn't expecting the 200 yard stage or I would have grabed the TR24 gun.

I would love to re shoot that stage a few times with different guns. That stage went too quickly.

I hated shooting prone on that stage because if the downhill shooting box. I did however love the way the plates were set up.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Don't take everything so personal brother!!

I wouldnt take things wrong from you my friend, but others can figure out things on their own from here out. Im sick of arguing with people who think they know better. I only post advice to help people make informed buys. They can learn the hard way since they are already convinced.

FWIW the Millett DMS-1 reporting here is the 2nd bad report of the DMS I have seen. Unlike some people here I dont see the need to dispute peoples breakage stories. I take them for their word.

Looks like the DMS is coming off my M4, and going on a .22.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I wouldnt from take things wrong from you my friend, but others can figure out things on their own. Im sick of arguing with people who think they know better. I only post advice to help people make informed buys. They can learn the hard way since they are already convinced.

I did figure out things on my own. I had an aimpoint style RDO and I hated it. I also tried several friend's aimpoints and on multiple occasions and I didn't like them. I also tried several friend's Eotechs. I greatly preferred the sight picture. Hence, I went with the EOTech, which works better FOR ME! Thru trial and error, after doing my research, and trying multiple RDOs, I found what works best FOR ME!

Nowhere did I say that an EOTech is the perfect RDO FOR EVERYONE!. Nowhere did I say that it is the best RDO out there. That's your schtick.

It is the height of arrogance to think that you will know what works best for everyone. Your pride is controlling you. You should know better...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I wouldnt take things wrong from you my friend, but others can figure out things on their own from here out. Im sick of arguing with people who think they know better. I only post advice to help people make informed buys. They can learn the hard way since they are already convinced.

FWIW the Millett DMS-1 reporting here is the 2nd bad report of the DMS I have seen. Unlike some people here I dont see the need to dispute peoples breakage stories. I take them for their word.

Looks like the DMS is coming off my M4, and going on a .22.

I like the DMS-1, but for some reason, after shooting a couple of mags. the reticle became canted. I've sent it back to Millet in hopes of getting it repaired.

Below: Picture of a DMS-1 with the reticle canted to the left.

Attachments

• DSCN3673.jpg
      DSCN3673.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 160

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I like the DMS-1, but for some reason, after shooting a couple of mags. the reticle became canted. I've sent it back to Millet in hopes of getting it repaired.

Below: Picture of a DMS-1 with the reticle canted to the left.

I appreciate the heads up SCAR, and I believed you before the picture.

:)

I plan to pull mine off my M4 and put another scope on. I dont trust it.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It sucks... It was a tackdriver, then all of a sudden, it died. The reticle was canted to the left. I thought the rings came loose, but they didnt. The Zero also started wandering and I cant get it to shoot any kind of group, even at 25 yards.

I can deal with dead batteries, but this was an eye opener, I cant even use my BUIS with the scope still attached. I fumbled with it..and it took a while to take it off and deploy irons. In a real CQB situation..I would have been fornicated.

I like the 1-4x set-up, since I cant Afford an Elcan DR, It is time to try out the new Leatherwood CMR.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It sucks... It was a tackdriver, then all of a sudden, it died. The reticle was canted to the left. I thought the rings came loose, but they didnt. The Zero also started wandering and I cant get it to shoot any kind of group, even at 25 yards.

I can deal with dead batteries, but this was an eye opener, I cant even use my BUIS with the scope still attached. I fumbled with it..and it took a while to take it off and deploy irons. In a real CQB situation..I would have been fornicated.

I like the 1-4x set-up, since I cant Afford an Elcan DR, It is time to try out the new Leatherwood CMR.

Millet does good by their warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom