• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Don't see why it wouldn't. I'm running an ACOG on my L1A1. DSA makes a decent railed receiver cover that takes about 10 min to swap out.

I'll bring it up this weekend if you want to take a look.

got the cover....just been too damned lazy to do any real work towards getting the optic set up. :o

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My Dream Optic for the AR is the Elcan DR. But at $2100.00 .... It will be just that.. a dream optic for my AR.

Attachments

• botach_2119_401974512.jpeg
      botach_2119_401974512.jpeg
      4.8 KB · Views: 150
    • botach_2114_434441477.jpeg
      botach_2114_434441477.jpeg
      7.4 KB · Views: 155

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Which 1-4 is is that has the lever that just instantly throws it back and forth between the two magnifications?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This is a picture that will give clandestine a serious heartburn... Two of his least favorite things, Can you name them?

and " Pat Rogers is a Mall Ninja" Yup, I went there.... :D

Ill refrain from offering my input about the durability and reliability of products from here out.

You all know best, have at it.

Im no "Ninja" I see things when they F-up, some people cant accept that.

BTW, any of the Aimpoint junkies that want to test the durability of their optics.....let me know at the next DelMarVa shoot. I'd be more than happy to walk out to the street and hurl it across Rt. 50. :D :innocent0

Im game, I get to throw your Eotech though.

I bet the Aimpoint will still work and retain zero.

Deal?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location

Deal?

That is so Wrrrooonnng.. Throwing , Hurling Non- Chinese made optics across Route 50 is against the order of the universe. I am sure, that somewhere in this planet... that act is illegal.

Does not apply to Chinese made Airsoft junk. (Vortex Sparc? and my Millet DMS1 with to canted reticle)

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Ill refrain from offering my input about the durability and reliability of products from here out.

You all know best, have at it.

Im no "Ninja" I see things when they F-up, some people cant accept that.

Deal?
    I don't have an eotech, I have a strikefire. :D
    But I'll still throw your Aimpoint. I'd bet my left nut that it will break. When I throw it as high as I can, and glass and aluminum come crashing down on the blacktop......its gonna break. Simple Physics. ;)

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    My Dream Optic for the AR is the Elcan DR. But at $2100.00 .... It will be just that.. a dream optic for my AR.

I shot one last weekend on a carbine. Very nice !

I shot at 100, 150 & 200 on 8" plates, while it took 19 shots to get 9 hits, that was me figuring the optic out . I'm looking forward to shooting that gun again.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I shot one last weekend on a carbine. Very nice !

I shot at 100, 150 & 200 on 8" plates, while it took 19 shots to get 9 hits, that was me figuring the optic out . I'm looking forward to shooting that gun again.

Do you think it is worth the money? I've been dreaming about that sight since HALO. But at 1900-2100 bucks? If it survives being tossed across route 50. I'm definitely selling my left kidney to afford one.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Do you think it is worth the money? I've been dreaming about that sight since HALO. But at 1900-2100 bucks? If it survives being tossed across route 50. I'm definitely selling my left kidney to afford one.

Can't say yet, I need more trigger time. I used it in one stage at a 3 gun. It was very clear and the reticle was pretty easy to figure out. I would like to shoot it side by side with my ACOG's at distance.

Maybe its owner will chime in here with more info.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I just ordered the Leatherwood CMR ( Close-Medium range) 1-4 scope. It is going to replace a Millett DMS-1 that recently broke. ( Reticle is canted by 15 degrees ,Sent it back , we'll see if they fix it)

http://www.leatherwoodoptics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51

I think it's reasonable. Time will tell if it stacks up to other scopes in this league.

Norton,

BTW,the BDC on this is also calibrated for the .308 ( 168 grain) and 5.56( 62 grain). It should work well with the FAL

Attachments

• LFCMR14X24.jpg
      LFCMR14X24.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 145

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    BTW,the BDC on this is also calibrated for the .308 ( 168 grain) and 5.56( 62 grain). It should work well with the FAL

Very cool. So, with the ballistic difference between a 147 grain 7.62 NATO and 168 "match" type load, I'd still be pretty damned close on the BDC, right?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Very cool. So, with the ballistic difference between a 147 grain 7.62 NATO and 168 "match" type load, I'd still be pretty damned close on the BDC, right?

The 147 grain, 168 grain 308 and the 62 grain 5.56 projectiles, when zeroed at 50 yards will have identical trajectories up to about 170 yards. The BDC should be fairly close.

Don't take my word for it. Run your data on a ballistic calculator.

http://ballisticscalculator.winchester.com/

Archangel

Jul 19, 2005
    Also - does anyone know any good alternatives to this:
    l_100004847_1.jpg

If A.R.M.S is as lousy as you all make it sound, I'll stay away. A rail extension could be very nice, however.
    FYI, you won't want to mount an EOtech on top of that (or a similar) rail. It will put it too high to use the BUIS through the window. If you want to raise an EOtech, I'd recommend the Larue mount, or for the more budget conscious, the YHM. The Rock River Dominator 2 Mount is also an option if you like a fixed BUIS.

If EO's were so fast guys would be shooting them in 3-gun.

I shoot an EOtech in 3 gun.

Honestly, neither the Aimpoint nor the EOtech are used much in 3-gun. On open pistols you see mostly C-mores and doctor (or jpoint, fastfire, etc) type Mini Red Dot sights (both the EOtech and Aimpoint are too big and heavy to be competitive).

On rifles, the major competitors are running either an ACOG, or some other magnified optic with a doctor type site in a 2:00 offset mount.

The dots that are used tend to be in the 6 to 10 MOA range, because the bigger dot is easier to pick up, and thus, faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom