• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My olympic Arms PCR AR shoots .5 MOA groups all day with Tula ammo. Even with with an 11.5 " 1:9 barrel. Last time I cleaned it was when I accidentally lubed with with Militech. That was about 10 years ago.I use bacon grease on the bolt carrier or run it completely dry in hot dusty environments. it has a limited range of just a bit over 1 mile. I cant use it for HD because the ammo will overpenetrate into the houses over at the next state. The Clip holds enough rounds to make never ending magdumps possible. It will melt after the first magdump. A design flaw that Mattel screwed up when Eugene Stoner overlooked when he designed it. Stoner also designed the first Ken doll.
    In Vietnam, it jammed all the time.. even up to this day.. All the newer variants are intended to resolve thos issues. the 5.56/ 223 rem was really a varmint round designed for prairie dogs.. insufficient for humans, barely enough to shoot stray poodles with. you can carry 20X more ammo as compared to a 308. Theere is no recoil, no muzzle blast. Filing the firing pin will turn it into selective fire. Rubber bands also work. magdumps will cause the barrel to melt. It can cook off with a hot barrel and do a runaway burst. All ARs, regardless on manufacturer are the same as long as it is mil- spec.Piston systems resolve all technical issues and will negate the cleaning requirements. you can also immediately hold on to a bolt group after a beta C magdump. Piston ARs will fire underwater, this is why the SEALs like the HK416.
    You can zero an AR at 25 yards and hit anything within 1000 yards.just holdover pass the 800 mark. anyone with sense should not fire steel cased ammo on any AR.. thats just bad juju. The AR stands for Assault Rifle. Only Colt ARs are worth owning. BCM brand AR are the best ARs on the planet. MPI means Military Police inspected.
    AR do not work well without magpul enhancements. The gun will jam without an AFG or vertical foregrip. Heavy buffers are always required. It is perfectly okay to shoot 22LR conversion kits out of match barrels. For the professional operators, a barrel mounted bipod is a must. KNS antiwalk pins are required to prevents the FCG from exploding. Better yet, get a giessle trigger. OD or Flat dark earth colors make you look the specops... black is hoohum.
    You are better off with an AK, AKM or some piston variant AR. Do not forget to soak the bolt carrier on Mobil 1 before you fire the rifle.You must break in the barrel to get the 1/4" 1000 yard groups. lastly... a single point sling is required... and if you dont shoot the gun ala Chris Costa magpul style. You do not deserve to own the bestest assault rifle on the planet.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Scar....we all fall somewhere in your last post lol. I have bcm, love it, some magpul. I dont shoot chris costa style, even with the afg on 1 rifle.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    =GoMango= said:
    More than a few times I have had people tell me .233/5.56 rounds tumble after 100 yds and that's what makes them so deadly :rolleyes:

It's my understanding that the bullets will yaw and fragment when it hits tissue. This may be where the myth comes from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom