• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    My favorite is "be careful they are addictive. You cant own just one!"

Oh wait that's not a myth....

Got my first pistol last year, put together my first AR around X-mas last year now I have 3 more in various stages of completion and I am in a group buy for another lower. Does that mean I have been infected with the AR Virus. :D

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    The Firing Line is notorious for comment like:

"In Nam that AR space gun nearly cost my entire brigade their third nut. I can't wait till the Pentagon bean counters replace that pea shooter with something more suitable to combat like the Garand or something chambered in a respectable caliber, like the 45-70."

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    the ar needs something slow like 1-12 twist for the 5.56 to tumble and cause wounding. A m193 fired through a 1-7 twist won't tumble in a person because it's too slabilized.(a density change from air to person doesn't matter apparently)

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I do know from experience that it take more 5.56 rounds to stop/kill then 7.62

Just for the record; I was referring to the girl, so lets please not have the thread devolve into an AR/AK argument. Especially since we AK guys are seriously outnumbered in this thread. :D

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    I do know from experience that it take more 5.56 rounds to stop/kill then 7.62

qp2dxu.jpg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I don't know about bending, but rupturing from sustained full-auto has been done in the past.

View attachment 57331

That is normally the result of two things...
    Excessive heat in the barrel... and
    one round getting stuck half way down the pipe just as the round behind it goes off in the chamber... In any event, NOT a good thing.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That is normally the result of two things...
    Excessive heat in the barrel... and
    one round getting stuck half way down the pipe just as the round behind it goes off in the chamber... In any event, NOT a good thing.

SCAR showed me that one pic, IIRC he said those were pretty much ran FA till they crapped the bed.

High cyclic rates can be fun, but I think the appeal would wear off quick when your burning up barrels like that, unless someone else is footing the bill... :party29:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Another myth: Only the police and military should have AR's. I hate that one....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Only girly boys shoot an AR in 5.56 because it has zero recoil. The 5.56 sucks so bad its never killed anyone.

6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 and 7.6 are all the bestest rounds.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Only girly boys shoot an AR in 5.56 because it has zero recoil. The 5.56 sucks so bad its never killed anyone.

6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 and 7.6 are all the bestest rounds.

only if they are heat seaking boolits.. :innocent0

:lol2:

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    "They're not as reliable as a "XYZ" rifle."

"The design is nearly 60 years old. My Grandfather used them. It's outdated."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom