• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    16 approvals reported on MDS today. That's the most in a single day yet. All with 7/12 acceptance dates, 14 days acceptance to NICS, and 7 from NICS to approved. I suspect that we're heading into the surge, in terms of approvals.

1659483232900.png

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Just got back from St.Mary's Sheriff's Office for fingerprints. 15 minutes for Both Live Scan and a set of ink for my Florida renewal. Got home and submitted MD application 22HGP0166XX. Now the wait begins......
    That was fast, application accepted after 17 hours. Submitted about 12:15 yesterday and they emailed acceptance at 5:23 today

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    when people upload the qual sheet, are they typing in the QHIC number number of the instructor in the box next to the sheet.

Someone suggested to me that it might cause a delay if you don't type in the QHIC number of your instructor or if it doesn't match the qualification sheet
    Should auto populate with the instructors name, form will auto fill once you start typing.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    and how long to get accepted?
    Oh, I take my training class this weekend so the form is not even submitted yet. The form is completely filled out except for fingerprint information and training certification.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Should auto populate with the instructors name, form will auto fill once you start typing.
    right, I know how it works.

What I am wondering is whether people who failed to fill that box in were slowed getting accepted. it's a theory. I can't imagine why some people are getting accepted in zero days, others in two weeks.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis

What I am wondering is whether people who failed to fill that box in were slowed getting accepted. it's a theory. I can't imagine why some people are getting accepted in zero days, others in two weeks.
    Not sure, I can’t remember but I would think that would be a mandatory entry before submitting.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Not sure, I can’t remember but I would think that would be a mandatory entry before submitting.
    idk. There has to be a reason why some people are having their app accepted before others.

Although, it does seem like the process is stabilizing.

RangerWillrett

Jun 20, 2011
    Mineral Co WV
    WV resident
    I submitted the complete application on 7/23/22
    I received the auto generated "Your Application Has Been Submitted For Review" email on 7/23/22
    I received the application accepted notification 8/2/22
    NICS number assigned ..........
    I received the application has been assigned to an investigator ...............
    My interview was held .............
    My wife was contacted .............
    1st Reference contacted ..............
    2nd Reference contacted ..............
    3rd Reference contacted ..............

Preach

Feb 10, 2013
    Germantown

Would not let me attach Qualification sheet until I picked an instructor.
    Submitted 7/31
    Hurry up and wait...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

I thought the "upload" button didn't appear until I selected the instructor from the list??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom