• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Hey guys, I’ve been posting for a long time and I read all through the thread. I applied today 5 minutes ago and I haven’t seen any updates yet. Should I call MSP that I don’t see a NICS number or assigned to an investigator yet? Should I expect approval later today or will it take till tomorrow? Also I can start carrying before I get the permit now that I’ve applied, right?

/s

PS just trying to aggregate the best “there are no stupid questions” posts from the application tracking thread in one place :-P
    :lol:
    :rofl:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here they are

Attachments

• C935CD3E-B9FF-49FC-BD87-2C5D5F06131C.jpeg
      C935CD3E-B9FF-49FC-BD87-2C5D5F06131C.jpeg
      59.9 KB · Views: 183

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep, NICS is just one of many databases MSP checks. It doesn’t happen instantly as some might assume

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RavensFlock1022

Aug 22, 2022
    Arbutus
    Hey guys, I’ve been posting for a long time and I read all through the thread. I applied today 5 minutes ago and I haven’t seen any updates yet. Should I call MSP that I don’t see a NICS number or assigned to an investigator yet? Should I expect approval later today or will it take till tomorrow? Also I can start carrying before I get the permit now that I’ve applied, right?

/s

PS just trying to aggregate the best “there are no stupid questions” posts from the application tracking thread in one place :-P
    Love it!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The people who marry together should carry together, I say.

Happy to report we are now Mr & Mrs W&C.

Hers showed up in today’s mail. She’s now entering the “Well, dang, this is real now!” phase of reckoning with all the practicalities involved. Which is to say I need to budget for a spike in clothing, purse, belt, and outer layer purchasing for the fall. And allow for more Getting Ready To Go Out prep time. You betcha it’s worth it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Congrats to both of you. I’m sure your neighbors will be thrilled to know you’re both packing

You know Love Lives Here and all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The people who marry together should carry together, I say.

Happy to report we are now Mr & Mrs W&C.

Hers showed up in today’s mail. She’s now entering the “Well, dang, this is real now!” phase of reckoning with all the practicalities involved. Which is to say I need to budget for a spike in clothing, purse, belt, and outer layer purchasing for the fall. And allow for more Getting Ready To Go Out prep time. You betcha it’s worth it.
    Yeah I am figuring that stuff out now that it seems in tasting distance (8/5 accepted).

I have some holsters, but they are either OWB or for small guns. I have a fairly nice IWB that will fit my Cz82. But nada that is IWB that’ll fit my G19. I just grabbed a Galco stow-n-go as it seems like it’ll tick the buttons I want. A lot of it is that I still need/want a proper micro pistol for summer time carry. Either a micro 9 or a 38 snub. A micro 9 would conceal better probably. But I think I’d like a 38spc snub more. Academic for now. Not a chance my wife is going to okay new guns for a bit.

But I for certain need new jeans and shorts. And probably some XL - Tall shirts.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Congrats to both of you. I’m sure your neighbors will be thrilled to know you’re both packing

You know Love Lives Here and all that
    Thanks! I’m sure most of our neighbors are psychologically unable to wrap their heads around me - let alone her! - walking out the door heeled. We haven’t decided on where we’ll have our first double carry date, but I’m thinking breakfast at The Tastee Diner, that tiny bastion of deplorability smack in the heart of Bethesda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom