• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    It's been since early Aug since I created an account with MSP Lic portal. Today I went to sign in and my log in info had already expired. I had to create new. Anyone else experience this?

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    great question, that still needs to be decided. My other rigs are all set but I've had my yugo m57 since 2010 and only OC'd it in VA while hunting. Honestly I was gonna look at 1911 sized iwb holsters that are NOT kydex or molded to the shape of a 1911. Just the leather ones so it should fit the Tok
    Makes good sense thanks.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It's been since early Aug since I created an account with MSP Lic portal. Today I went to sign in and my log in info had already expired. I had to create new. Anyone else experience this?
    Everyone! The password is only good for 30 days then you have to change it.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    I think it only expires after 30 days if not accessed. I created my account on August 8th and I have not had to change it yet. I have logged in pretty much every day since then.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ThisStateSucks69

Sep 2, 2022
    So I like to keep my handgun in my holster almost all the time (even if it’s not attached to my IWB). It protects the trigger and the metal nicely. With that said, I constantly take it with me in my truck and am sick of putting it in my glovebox with my papers and other miscellaneous items. Is there a product that I can attach to the inner wall of my truck near my right leg that I could attach my holster too with my gun in it so it doesn’t need to leave the holster? I currently have a G43x with a We The People Kydex holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    So I like to keep my handgun in my holster almost all the time (even if it’s not attached to my IWB). It protects the trigger and the metal nicely. With that said, I constantly take it with me in my truck and am sick of putting it in my glovebox with my papers and other miscellaneous items. Is there a product that I can attach to the inner wall of my truck near my right leg that I could attach my holster too with my gun in it so it doesn’t need to leave the holster? I currently have a G43x with a We The People Kydex holster.

The best practice would be to keep in on your person at all times unless you physically have to remove it. If you get a comfortable enough holster and figure your best carry location it isn't hard for it to remain on you unless you're visiting a location that's prohibited.

RavensFlock1022

Aug 22, 2022
    Arbutus

I personally bought a magnet on Amazon and drilled it below my steering wheel last night. I switch between my IWB appendix holster and my OWB hip holster, and when I’m in the car I take it out and put it on the magnet while driving. Re-holster at the end of my trip.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Does NICS have a computer API or is it just phone call? Imagine how fast this could be if fully automated via web and if NICS fails, then a human gets involved.

Yeah, I'm dreaming BIG today.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Does NICS have a computer API or is it just phone call? Imagine how cast this could be if fully automated via web and if NICS fails, then a human gets involved.

Yeah, I'm dreaming BIG today.

Computer API. FFL’s use it as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Grassburr Gun Holster Mount

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Do they expire every 30 days? I created it when I created the account (as opposed to one sent via email that is meant for 1 time use). Usually when self-created, they are good for a year or more (other sites, I mean).

PEEJAY

Dec 2, 2020
    Do they expire every 30 days? I created it when I created the account (as opposed to one sent via email that is meant for 1 time use). Usually when self-created, they are good for a year or more (other sites, I mean).
    THey definitely dont last a year on MSP. I have to update mine all the time. It seems more random then every 30 days but i log in a lot and have a broken brain so who knows

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    THey definitely dont last a year on MSP. I have to update mine all the time. It seems more random then every 30 days but i log in a lot and have a broken brain so who knows
    Yeah, it is more random. My most recent password is about 6 weeks old at this point, but my last one only lasted about 4 weeks.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I renewed my account the end of June, hadn't been used for a couple of years, and since then I have had to change my password at least twice.

Call MSP Licensing Division and ask them it is their system.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hey guys, I’ve been posting for a long time and I read all through the thread. I applied today 5 minutes ago and I haven’t seen any updates yet. Should I call MSP that I don’t see a NICS number or assigned to an investigator yet? Should I expect approval later today or will it take till tomorrow? Also I can start carrying before I get the permit now that I’ve applied, right?

/s

PS just trying to aggregate the best “there are no stupid questions” posts from the application tracking thread in one place :-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom