• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    BeSwift,

My daughter and I are registed for the September shoot at AAFG but we will not be able to attend. What's the best way to cancel so the spots can be opened up to other shooters?
    Thanks.

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    For those of you interested in getting a rifle to attend an Appleseed, Dicks Sporting Goods has the stock Ruger 10/22 on sale for $199. This is a very good price. The White Marsh store had (4) in stock as of today.

ChrissyN

Apr 5, 2013
    Westminster, Maryland
    I am definitely interested in doing this, also in setting up a shoot (Spoke with Jim at the CC meet up). I am also interested in becoming an instructor one day, as is my hubby. Can you (whoever is best to talk to) pm me and i'll give you my personal information?
    Thanks!

ChrissyN

Apr 5, 2013
    Westminster, Maryland
    Maryland Appleseed Thread 2013
    That's right folks..We've STILL got a country to save..Maybe even more so.. A Nation of Rifleman is our goal... We need YOU to make it happen... Sign up links are NOW HOT for the first Maryland Appleseeds of 2013!

Who: You AND a spouse, child and or friend
    What: Appleseed
    When: Sat -Sun: Jan 19-20 (SOLD OUT); Feb 16-17(SOLD OUT); March 16-17 (SOLD OUT); April 20-21 (SOLD OUT); May 18-19 (SOLD OUT); June 15-16 (LADYSEED- Ladies ONLY), July 20 (ONE DAY class), Aug 17 (ONE DAY class), Sept 21-22, Oct 19-20, Nov 16-17, Dec 21-22
    Where: Anne Arundel Fish and Game Assc Annapolis, MD
    Why: To attempt to earn the coveted "Rifleman" designation!
    To hear the history that they don't teach to our kids anymore...it's one we ALL need to hear!

Link is hot for online sign up: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

Want up to the minute Maryland Appleseed updates? LIKE us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Projec...64406060313831

These events will be 22LR ONLY!!!
    Slots are limited to 15 per class, so don't delay in signing up. These classes sell out quick, so sign up NOW to assure your spot on the line!

FEE STRUCTURE HAS CHANGED FOR 2013
    Men = $80/$50, Women = $40/$20, Youth under 18 = $20 or 1 free youth per paying adult, Active Military, Reserve & Guard = FREE, Peace Officer = FREE, Reenactors in Period Dress = FREE, Elected Official = FREE
    Sign-up MUST be done online.
    Everybody including the "free" shooters listed above, MUST be signed up online.

NOTE: The Rifleman Opportunity Card (ROC) is still honored until it's expiration date, but has been discontinued for 2013. If you have a valid one sign up as a FREE shooter at the link, and then present your ROC card at check in..

See the links for the REST of the important details...

http://www.rwva.org/
    Check out this site to learn more, what to bring, recommended equipment.
    Also check the forums linked there, including info on how to set up a Liberty Training Rifle. :

Important Notes for 2013

1): Maryland Specific Appleseed Patches: Many have asked, "where do they go from here?", once they achieve their Rifleman designation? While the National program guys are working on something, I'm not wasting any time.. Beginning RIGHT NOW, you will have the ability to earn a Maryland Distinguished Patch (a very cool design if I say so myself), Known Distance (KD) qualified rocker, and Maryland rocker. These are only able to be earned in Maryland AND are you are going to have to be on top of your game to earn these puppies. Further details will be forthcoming, but you WILL want these to join your Rifleman patch...

2): Think you can get a group of 10-15 shooters together for two or
    even ONE day of shooting? PM me with 6-8 weeks notice, and odds are
    in your favor that you may be able to set up YOUR OWN Appleseed!
    This is a great option for you scout troop leaders,
    home schoolers, 4-H, work or civic groups or associations, etc., etc.,
    to learn to shoot, hear the story, and keep the tradition alive...
    Let me know your groups needs, and we WILL make it work for you.. THIS OFFER STILL STANDS for 2013!

3): Do you belong to a gun club or know of a friendly landowner who has
    25 meters with a natural backstop? Man do I want to talk to you!
    PM me to help keep this fully insured program growing and
    spreading the history and marksmanship tradition that made this
    country great! We can't do this alone folks, we need like minded folks
    to "get off the couch" and help us again, become a Nation of Rifleman. THIS IS STILL A DESPERATE NEED FOR 2013! We can't save this nation without YOUR help!

For those unfamiliar with the program, here's a link to the previous years Appleseed threads, chock full of advice, info, FAQ's and their answers..http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=69417 and
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=33762 and http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=46294

Finally, THANK YOU MD Shooters and Congratulations to all attendees, Rifleman, and Cooks who are still working towards becoming Rifleman, who helped make 2012 Appleseed in Maryland a reality and amazing success!

Special Thanks to Anne Arundel Fish & Game Assc (AAFG) for hosting us. I hope other gun clubs in Maryland will join them in inviting us aboard in 2013.
    BeSwift

The link for facebook doesn't work. What is your page name?

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    BIG NEWS! Marriottsville Dec 14-15th

Many have been asking for it.. Now it's finally arrived..

Save YOUR spot on the line for the FIRST EVER Appleseed class, held at AGC in Marriottsville, MD! Dec 14-15! 22LR ONLY

Act quick to avoid the dreaded "sold out" message!

BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Just got confirmation that the Marlin 795 factory Liberty Training Rifles (LTR's) are shipping from Davidson's THIS WEEK... GREAT rifle designed to give you what you need to be successful on the Appleseed course of fire, right out of the box!... BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Need Your Help.. To Save America!

OK Maryland Appleseed fans... We need your help!
    We've still got spots available on the line for both the Annapolis AND inaugural AGC shoot(s) in December... If you haven't been to an Appleseed, NOW's your chance! If you've been, but want to come back and bring somebody with you, NOW is the time to do it!

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MD&statename=Maryland

Appleseeds have been perpetually sold out since they began in MD, so don't miss this chance for your spot on the line!

If the weather cooperates, these shoots MIGHT even be eligible for the super coveted Winterseed Rifleman patch! :thumbsup:

See you on the line! BeSwift

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    Winterseed!!!

Unless the weathermen have COMPLETELY blown it... this weekend Appleseed at AGC is WINTERSEED ELIGIBLE! Only a handful of chances to earn the coveted Winterseed Rifleman Patch, and THIS weekends shoot is likely to be it!
    See you on the line... BeSwift

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Unless the weathermen have COMPLETELY blown it... this weekend Appleseed at AGC is WINTERSEED ELIGIBLE! Only a handful of chances to earn the coveted Winterseed Rifleman Patch, and THIS weekends shoot is likely to be it!
    See you on the line... BeSwift

Even though it's not officially winter yet?
    I'll see you in the morning. I have to dig out my long johns tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom