• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Just played again this past Saturday at Robinhood. We had a blast. Had my normal group and a few newbies. Played for 5 hours til the heat got to be a bit much. Always take a change of clothing but really need it this time, it was a sweaty and muddy day.

Might finally take the plunge and buy guns for my son and I, any suggestions ? Been using the rental tippmanns 98's and they have worked well. Looking for beginner to intermediate level.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Just played again this past Saturday at Robinhood. We had a blast. Had my normal group and a few newbies. Played for 5 hours til the heat got to be a bit much. Always take a change of clothing but really need it this time, it was a sweaty and muddy day.

Might finally take the plunge and buy guns for my son and I, any suggestions ? Been using the rental tippmanns 98's and they have worked well. Looking for beginner to intermediate level.
    98's are ok, but there's much better out there nowadays.

If you want to play general paintball, stick to something that doesn't have an offset sight or hopper. The 98 and A5 don't work well while shooting from the left side of a bunker and on the right side, the hoppers stick out. Going center fed allows better movement and works everywhere.

Azodin makes decent inexpensive guns that are like Spyders, but don't have proprietary fittings. They can be had for around a hundred bucks. Electronic guns are really good nowadays too. GoG makes some good ones that don't break the bank (around $250) and the Tippmann Crossover can be had for less than $350.

Do yourselves a favor though and get some good comfy masks first. I suggest finding a proshop and trying some on. It's hard to go wrong with something like a VForce Grillz or Profiler.

Hope this helps :)

svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Man...this brings me back. I used to captain a 3-man team back in high school. I remember my first marker was (is) a '98 custom. $200 bucks when I was 13 years old. Dad said if I ever broke it he'd kill me. I have no doubt it would still run if I went back down to FL and pulled it out of my gear bag. I got a SmartParts Impulse, then the Nerve after that. I pulled that one out about a year and a half ago, but the chip is fried I think. Won't even turn on anymore.

Biggums124

Come at me bro
    May 1, 2012

http://pbnation.com
    They should have all the info you need.

Also if you're willing to make the drive I highly recommend Paintball Adventure Park in Taneytown Md. The owner is a great guy.

Last edited:

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    98's are ok, but there's much better out there nowadays.

If you want to play general paintball, stick to something that doesn't have an offset sight or hopper. The 98 and A5 don't work well while shooting from the left side of a bunker and on the right side, the hoppers stick out. Going center fed allows better movement and works everywhere.

Azodin makes decent inexpensive guns that are like Spyders, but don't have proprietary fittings. They can be had for around a hundred bucks. Electronic guns are really good nowadays too. GoG makes some good ones that don't break the bank (around $250) and the Tippmann Crossover can be had for less than $350.

Do yourselves a favor though and get some good comfy masks first. I suggest finding a proshop and trying some on. It's hard to go wrong with something like a VForce Grillz or Profiler.

Hope this helps :)
    yep ide even venture to go used on ebay markers that are a few years old go for cheap due to the influx of tech in the industry. invert mini or an older planet eclipse ego or etek. vforce grillz is still arguably the best in the mask buisness but may not offer enough coverage for beginners. i would suggest a VFprofiler,JT flex 8 or invert helix.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I used to play. I haven't played in about to years. I worked the fields at OA before my second child was born. Thinking about getting back into when it cools off since SOMD paintball is close. I really miss OA in Bowie.

Biggums124

Come at me bro
    May 1, 2012
    If you're looking for an electro go for a 06 Ego or a Marq "older" tech in them but they are still competitive and not so light they feel like toys when you shoot them. Plus Egos are very easy to clean.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Used to play semi pro (amateur) speedball. We used tot ravel up and down the east coast for tournaments, appeared in several magazines, etc. We used to play with some really big named teams.

Went to the field one day after quitting, ended up by $1000 in gear and placing 2nd in a three-man tournament for some big named tournament.

Sold all my gear and refuse to ever set foot on another field, I'd get back into it if I did.......

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    What team you play for?

That will stay undisclosed.

Lets just say we played and beat constantly

All Americans
    Misfit Toys
    Whatever that girls team was that got so much publicity
    Several variants of the Nasty/Dynasty team and their Xball teams. Rick Hartman is a cool dude but all his teams were the same people just renamed.

We played 5man and 3 man

Biggums124

Come at me bro
    May 1, 2012
    Base one it was on 5 just outside waldorf if so that was right when I first started practicing with them so probably wasn't there. I did play gpl up at del hobbies and the almost free 5 mans when oa was still in bowie

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom