• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I'm thinking of pulling my carpet and doing a bedliner on the floor. Anyone do it and have any tips, do's, dont's, brand recommendations?

eos40b

Senile Member
    Every one in the Uk calls these "jeeps" so I thought i would post a picture of mine and wait for the abuse, but you know land rover are the best 4X4XFAR:D

Attachments

• IMAG0164.jpg
      IMAG0164.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 389

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    I'm thinking of pulling my carpet and doing a bedliner on the floor. Anyone do it and have any tips, do's, dont's, brand recommendations?

Clean the floor real good. Even if you think you got it clean. Do it again. The durabak roll on liner is pretty decent for as cheap as it is. Take you time and it will come out decent.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009

DO NOT GET ON YOUR SKIN...It's a pain to get off. Also, the carpet can act as a sound dampener. You might notice a little more noise. But it is awesome with the liner. Highly recommended.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Im hearing good things about monstaliner and herculiner.
    My TJ isn't a daily driver so more road noise isn't a deal breaker.
    It stays in the garage so I will be able to take my time with the prep and application too.

mikeg1713

Jun 21, 2010
    Aberdeen
    We've done herculiner here before and I wasnt impressed. I've never seen the monstaliner before I'll check that out. This is the speed liner,

334c6ccc.jpg

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    I've had a few Jeeps. My family had/has many.

Mine:

I had an '89 XJ
    an 02 TJ
    and I have a 2010 JK 2 DR I bought from MikeG1713, as well as an 08 Patriot.

My fam:

87 Commanche
    89 Commanche
    95 YJ
    98 XJ
    09 Compass

and there are probably more that I'm forgetting.

All have been great vehicles and I love my Jeeps. :)

Nelben

Jan 11, 2010
    Baltimore
    This makes me sad. Had an awesome '83 CJ7. Sold it after college. Helped pay for my wedding. I'm still married, so I guess it was a good investment :)

I'll have ot dig out some pics for the post.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I had my 86 CJ-7 done with bed liner inside. I also did the rockers to just below the doors under the rock sliders. Once you do it there is no going back. I has some advantages and some disadvantages.
    The drawback is that once it starts to deteriorate and/or get sun bleached it losess its nice fresh look. I also had more than one skinned knuckle thanks to that stuff. It is great at slowing down rust, but also hides it so the rust can do its dirty work without you knowing it.
    I eventually carpeted over the liner when I left California. East Coast wheeling just sucked too much for me to continue so I eventually sold the Jeep. I was spoiled by the millions of acres to wheel in when I was in Southern California. Here in MD you're either breaking the law or driving a long way to find a mediocre place to offroad.
    My old CJ had a 2.5" superlift suspension using YJ springs, Pro-Comp MX-6 adjustable shocks, JK quick disconnects, and revolver shackles. It had Tom Woods drive shafts, 4:11 gears w/Detroit lockers front and rear, custom dash with all Autometer guages, 258 engine with 4.0 head and Mopar MPFI kit, D300, Mastercraft seats (well worth it) and a few things I know I forgot.

Oh and it wasn't named a Rubicon, but it did complete the trail.

Attachments

• Roadside doors on.JPG
      Roadside doors on.JPG
      70.8 KB · Views: 350
    • Curbside from front corner.JPG
      Curbside from front corner.JPG
      60.9 KB · Views: 401
    • Dash from roadside.JPG
      Dash from roadside.JPG
      62.4 KB · Views: 305
    • Engine compartment above.JPG
      Engine compartment above.JPG
      72.3 KB · Views: 306

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Right, you aren't supposed to swap a 30 year old engine into a 5 year old vehicle and drive it on the road. I think a 4bt would be fine, but every v8 swapped cj ive seen ran historic tags LOL

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    once its proven its diesel, you no longer have to deal with emissions.

my dream is a full size waggy, 4bt, d60's, 37's it will be my post apocolypse ride...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'm not sure ofall the guidelines of swaps from gas to diesel, I justknow you aren't supposed to swap an older emisssion engine into a newer emmission vehicle

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    I'm not sure ofall the guidelines of swaps from gas to diesel, I justknow you aren't supposed to swap an older emisssion engine into a newer emmission vehicle

Yes, that's true, for the most part.

You can swap engines among models and years.

For instance:

You can pull a V8 from a 99 Grand Cherokee and put it in a 99 Wrangler.

Or you can pull a Hemi from a Ram pickup and put it in a newer Wrangler.

It works all the same.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    MD- Diesels are exempt from emissions testing (for now). Gas powered vehicles are tested based on requirements for vehicle year. This is why you can't put a carb'd 350 in place of that worn out 4.3l in your s10 and expect to pass emissions.

on topic- sold my jeeps due to no legal places in md to wheel. Had a 99 TJ (totalled on green rd (harford county), and built a 00 XJ on Waggy 44's (never finished, parted it out). Would never try to build a unibody rig again after working with that xj.

Happy trails...

Use to wheel sugar hill, cedar lane, and trails rd. If you were a regular @ sugar hill, I probably knew you, we partied/ wheeled/ burnt stuff every friday and saturday night there.

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.

Do you have access to a good air compressor? If so I would recommend raptor liner. I haven't done it myself but every jeep I have seen with it looked great. Also, it seems to be pretty durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom