• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Done. I left these comments.
    Senator Miller,
    Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your survey. I like many law abiding citizens in this state are frustrated with the actions of criminals and other individuals that seek to do harm. I do not feel that restricting concealed carry permits, magazine capacities and banning "assault weapons" will reduce the behaviors of criminals or individuals with a mental health illness. The real issue is the on going drug epidemic, drugs are illegal but yet they still run ramped in our streets leading to crimes involving weapons of any nature. Another issue is our judicial system that is failing the tax paying law abiding citizens of this state, there are to many repeat offenders that do not receive the proper sentencing or are being released to early to commit more crimes. According to a 2011 FBI crime stat more people were killed with Hands and Feet than with rifles. The mainstream media is the cause for all of the over reaction by law makers, law makers that are sworn to oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States are seeking to infringe on our Bill of RIghts. Lets put the fear back in criminals by improving our courts and imposing stricter sentencing, by allowing law abiding citizens to protect themselves from these criminals without the states "Good and Substantial" reasoning and improve our mental health resources by not allowing people to slip through the cracks and go unnoticed.
    Thank you again,
    Capt. G***** D******

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Wow. This is a great response, and I can only imagine how many people filled it out without replying! I am truly grateful to all of you that are heeding the call and making your voice heard. I hope you realize how important your voice really is, and how much it can accomplish.

This is what democracy looks like! :bullhorn:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Wow. This is a great response, and I can only imagine how many people filled it out without replying! I am truly grateful to all of you that are heeding the call and making your voice heard. I hope you realize how important your voice really is, and how much it can accomplish.

This is what democracy looks like! :bullhorn:

I left a comment too, with the ending that as a life long Democract, this matter will control how I vote in the primaries and in the general election. The political scientists calle it "salience" and it is how a small group can maximize their impact. Let's distribute this poll as far and as wide as possible. Norton is right: Keep it nice. Nasty is ineffective.

This is what I said in the comments:

The Governor's gun control proposals are an anathema to me. The registration of those who wish to purchase handguns for self defense is offensive to law abiding citizens. This will simply not prevent criminals from acquiring guns but will burden law abiding citizens so substantially as to render it open to constitutional attack in the courts. The proposed ban on so called assault weapons bans a gun based solely on its looks (a pistol grip does not make a gun more lethal) and will do nothing to prevent crime while depriving lawful persons a tool for defense of home or business. I am a life long registered Democract and this issue will control how I vote in the primaries and in the general election. Do something effective -- improve reporting to the NICS for mental illness. That part of the Governor's proposal actually makes sense. Don't make law-abiding citizens criminals.

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    Done plus posted link on my facebook page so it gets passed around other friends not on here.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I am extremely opposed to legislation against so called "assault weapons". I am also opposed to magazine restrictions. Although most people are very emotional about these items, by a large margin most firearm crimes are not committed with these types of weapons. When my brother was mugged in Baltimore, the mugger used a very small pistol that would not have been covered by any of these proposed laws. I am sure if you were to look into it, statistics would back this up.

Banning types semi automatic rifles will only keep them out of the hand of responsible gun owners. The AR15 is extremely popular because it is well designed and very accurate. It is also large and is not typically used in crimes. Its design has been evolving for 50 years to be one of the most ergonomic and reliable weapons available for self defense. Banning rifles such as these will limit the defensive capabilities of law abiding citizens

In defensive situations magazines larger than 10 rounds are most effective. If someone is protecting their family against an armed intruder while being shot at, the benefit of not having to reload is greatest. When someone is committing an offense against an unarmed victim, there is no real need for any magazine capacity. This is what my brother experienced when he was mugged in Baltimore by a man with a tiny pistol. New York City had been keeping detailed records of every police shooting for several decades. These statistics show that when the police have to shoot someone, they on average, have to use more than 10 rounds to subdue the threat. If you wish, contact me and I can send you the web address of this report. If magazines greater than 10 rounds become illegal it will harm honest people and have no real effect on crime.
    I would like to mandatory prosecution for crimes committed with firearms. I have often read about people getting arrested for gun crimes, but when I look up the cases in Maryland Case Search website I find that all of the gun charges are typically dropped, and the criminal is serving a sentence under a much lighter charge.

I look forward to your support on these issues.

Thank you,
    mvee
    What I sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom