• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    No doubt bartering and hard trades will rule the day if it ever happens. I just plan on being a bandit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    No doubt bartering and hard trades will rule the day if it ever happens. I just plan on being a bandit.

Did you miss this part of my post?

Things will be reduced to barter or steal and thieves won't get a slap on the wrist, more likely to be cut off at the wrist.

Some things are hard to do one handed, like tying your shoes. Before you take up banditry you might want to try not using one hand for a day or a week. I would have thought based on your screen name you would become a dairyman or milkmaid depending on your gender. ;)

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Did you miss this part of my post?

Some things are hard to do one handed, like tying your shoes. Before you take up banditry you might want to try not using one hand for a day or a week. I would have thought based on your screen name you would become a dairyman or milkmaid depending on your gender. ;)

Haha. Used to live in south jersey where believe it or not there are a decent amount of farms.

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    Great topic. There used to be this show called Jericho. Basically the story takes place in this fictional town Jericho in West Kansas. They lost all communication with the outside world from an EMP that took place in Denver(Got hit with a Nuke). A lot of the issues they ran into through out the series have been brought up in this thread. Not to give anything away but it had everything you could imagine, bandits, diseases, water/food shortages along with the chaos that comes with it, evil government contractors, that British Black dude from the walking dead :lol2:(Lennie James), etc.... Pretty good show. I think it's still available on Netflix. It definitely got me interested in the whole prepping culture.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Great topic. There used to be this show called Jericho. Basically the story takes place in this fictional town Jericho in West Kansas. They lost all communication with the outside world from an EMP that took place in Denver(Got hit with a Nuke). A lot of the issues they ran into through out the series have been brought up in this thread. Not to give anything away but it had everything you could imagine, bandits, diseases, water/food shortages along with the chaos that comes with it, evil government contractors, that British Black dude from the walking dead :lol2:(Lennie James), etc.... Pretty good show. I think it's still available on Netflix. It definitely got me interested in the whole prepping culture.

I think that was a really good show and I'm glad the studio gave in to the fans' campaign for them to finish it properly when it was prematurely canceled. NUTS!

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

I loved Jericho. So sad they let it end. There was so much unanswered in that show. What ever happened to those air drops? Why could the douche-bag security firm drive around in modern humvees?

If our enemies could ever master an EMP device they could own us. It really scares me how the Army is R&D weapons that require electronics. Navy is already there.

Scenario: China EMP's the crap out of us. Then invades 3+ Billion troops. They own the globe, we're done. not even all the hunters in the world could stop that.

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    I loved Jericho. So sad they let it end. There was so much unanswered in that show. What ever happened to those air drops? Why could the douche-bag security firm drive around in modern humvees?

If our enemies could ever master an EMP device they could own us. It really scares me how the Army is R&D weapons that require electronics. Navy is already there.

Scenario: China EMP's the crap out of us. Then invades 3+ Billion troops. They own the globe, we're done. not even all the hunters in the world could stop that.

Oh yeah a lot of unanswered questions. I was just happy to see that Ravenwood guy die. I thought they were going to homo out on us and let him live because it was the RIGHT thing to do.

If they EMP'D us and conducted a mass invasion that would suck pretty bad for us. In a straight up fight on say neutral ground we would tear them apart. From my understanding, their military is not lead by experienced generals, but bureaucrats. They're soldiers are not very experienced fighters in comparison to ours especially since they have not fought anyone in a long time. Their navy is tiny by comparison to ours. I believe they have one aircraft carrier which they purchased from another country. We are far more equipped to invade them than the other way around. Hopefully that never has to happen. A few well placed EMP's would make just about any country highly vunerable. We most definitely would be the hardest country to invade and take over compared to all the other countries of the world. Thank you 2nd Amendment!

SDA

May 22, 2008
    Dun-Doc Hun

Why is it we assume the US is not prepared to return the favor should they EMP us? We do have plenty of subs out there around the globe armed to the teeth that could send China or any other country into the stone age as well. We detect their nuke launch heading our way then kindly respond.

It's not like we're totally defenseless.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Why is it we assume the US is not prepared to return the favor should they EMP us? We do have plenty of subs out there around the globe armed to the teeth that could send China or any other country into the stone age as well. We detect their nuke launch heading our way then kindly respond.

It's not like we're totally defenseless.
    Capacity and will are two different things.

There's not one complete set of balls in the Whitehouse...if you don't count Hillary when she visits...and hers are just for show/sport.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Was Jericho the show that had Annapolis as one of the featured places? The country was divided into geographical regions with separate leaders and they had that pendant thing that was the key to restoring power?
    Guns were completely outlawed for citizens...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Was Jericho the show that had Annapolis as one of the featured places? The country was divided into geographical regions with separate leaders and they had that pendant thing that was the key to restoring power? Guns were completely outlawed for citizens...

You're thinking of Revolution.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Revolution started strong but lost me when it got all magical. It was made by the same people/company who did Jericho, but I never finished the Revolution series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom