• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    The gas adjustment is easy peezee to turn from:
    “0” (completely open = essentially a single shot with even powerful loads) to;
    “1” (slightly restricted, good for slugs, buckshot loads, etc) to;
    “2” (more moderately restricted, cycled Federal 1-1/8 1,200fps Field and Target loads with aplomb and finally to;
    ”3” (essentially “closed” on which it ran Remington Gun Club 1-1/8 1,200fps Target loads nicely.

Thanks for the clarification, my reading was completely opposite so I had the gas on 1 to test out my target loads next trip...

I think I read to have it as low as possible to keep the gas system from pre-mature wear..

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

I think I read to have it as low as possible to keep the gas system from pre-mature wear..

:thumbsup: That’s my understanding for just about all adjustable gas systems; with each load I started with the gas key on 1 and then moved it to 2 (or 3) until cycling that specific load commenced feeding, extracting and ejecting reliably …

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Back out at the range with the #1 of the 2* JTS AK-12’s today, this is the one with the pic rail over the forward handguard …

While waiting for everyone else to show up for scheduled skeet league I put the pattern board to use … most steel (poppers, 4” square and 8” circle fall over plates, etc) in 3-gun matches are set at 12 to 17 yards - birdshot only - so, I walked off 20 yards and screwed in a Remington threaded, extended MOD choke.

Slapped a Crimson Trace CTS-1300 on it (on clearance for $70@ at MidWayUSA https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102062006?pid=455677 ) -

— and first shot at 20 yards was LOW. Came up 2 full rotations and 2nd shot HIGH. Came back down 1 and to quote Goldilocks (having her fart-box tongue-punched by a fair-haired MD), “Juuuuuuust right!

Load was Federal Field & Target 1-1/8oz of # 7-1/2 size shot @ 1,200 fps

(# 2 AK12 - the one w pic rail mounted over rear action shroud - is enroute to my FFL from Dahlonega Arms; should be here Tues or Weds)

THANKS AGAIN, OP!!!!! @85MikeTPI

ETA: PSA currently the only source for the 10-rd mags (all the other places I’ve seen them wait until you put one in cart and then shows, “Out of Stock.”

Attachments

• IMG_8453.jpeg
      IMG_8453.jpeg
      471.3 KB · Views: 34
    • IMG_8454.jpeg
      IMG_8454.jpeg
      467 KB · Views: 33
    Last edited:

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I transfer one of these through Tyler’s. They had some SDS brand 10 round magazines there so I also picked those up . I haven’t tried them out but they seem to fit fine. Does anyone have any experience with these?

I stripped the gun down and cleaned all the brownish grease off with CLP and then lubricated everything. It seems to operate much smoother now.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Just a heads up to anyone snagging one of these JTS M12AK shotties:

DO NOT procrastinate picking up any 10-rd mags cuz, as far as I can find on search engines gun.deals.com or Wikiarms, they are currently Out Of Stock EVERYWHERE - except PSA!!!!

One of the biggest takeaways from my shirt range session today was the fact the 10rd mags load MUCH easier than the two 5-rd mags that come with the gun. So, head’s up!
    I ordered some from Optics Planet and just received my package today. I agree - they were somewhat tough to find in stock.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I ordered some from Optics Planet and just received my package today. I agree - they were somewhat tough to find in stock.

Have you had success ordering from Optics Planet?

They’ve burned myself and others I know so many times I’ve lost count of the instances their webiste indicated items were in stock only to find out AFTER completing the entire order process there would be everything from “delays“ to ”back orders.”

The last time was the final straw for me: ordered a set of laser grips for one the wife’s carry snub revolvers and Optics Planet strung me along long enough I missed getting them for her birthday, entirely.

Since that last burn I consider anything Optics Planet says regarding “in stock” to carry about as much weight as Biden’s resume …

In any event, I hope you get your items in fine fahsion and good order!

Last edited:

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Those are for the AR, not the ak

Deleted! :facepalm:

Guess the AK versions remain purty durn near unobtainium!

(I’m picking the second one of the AK-12’s later this week; if it is as smooth as the first one I’m gonna bite the bullet and stock up on 10 more mags for it from PSA (*if* they still have any!)

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Have you had success ordering from Optics Planet?

They’ve burned myself and others I know so many times I’ve lost count of the instances their webiste indicated items were in stock only to find out AFTER completing the entire order process there would be everything from “delays“ to ”back orders.”

The last time was the final straw for me: ordered a set of laser grips for one the wife’s carry snub revolvers and Optics Planet strung me along long enough I missed getting them for her birthday, entirely.

Since that last burn I consider anything Optics Planet says regarding “in stock” to carry about as much weight as Biden’s resume …

In any event, I hope you get your items in fine fahsion and good order!
    I view Optics Planet as an absolute last resort. When I ordered my shotgun, PSA didn’t have the 10 round mags in stock (which are huge by the way). Only place I could find them in stock was Optics Planet. I wasn’t expecting a quick ship, so I’m surprised and I have them in-hand now.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Awesome. And you’re right about the mags size - I shoot 3 gun and some of the mags that exceed 10 shells border on ludicrous in their bulk and length. One shooter (ironically a semi elderly shooter) has a 25-rd drum for his (vepr? saiga? I’m not positive) and it is as big in diameter as a small car tire!

GenoBluzGtr

Mar 23, 2018
    I jumped on a sale with PSA a few months ago and grabbed a similar Lindor 12 ga AK style for the same price (normally $650). it has been fantastic and very fun to shoot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom