• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I'm leery of the price tag. I have a VEPR 12 that is solid. Apparently they have been banned from import so they are sort of more valuable now.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'm leery of the price tag. I have a VEPR 12 that is solid. Apparently they have been banned from import so they are sort of more valuable now.

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    I am having a hard time determining whether this would be classified as a regulated firearm requiring HQL or if it's just considered a shotgun that is simple pick up. Does anyone have any info on that?

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I am having a hard time determining whether this would be classified as a regulated firearm requiring HQL or if it's just considered a shotgun that is simple pick up. Does anyone have any info on that?
    This one is “OK” to buy in Maryland. It is not a handgun so no HQL. It is not a banned firearm so it is cash and carry after a background check.

It’s a good thing there is no folding stock on it, those are the ones that are too dangerous for us to buy.

Last edited:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I can imagine it kicks like a mule!
    A friend stopped by the farm wanting to shoot his new $200 shotgun that I cannot even remember the name of and it looked like a tacticool gofundme project. It is still out in the woods where we tried it out lol.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I can imagine it kicks like a mule!

That was my assumption as well, until I read and watched some reviews …

…It is still out in the woods where we tried it out lol.

Similar anecdotes from others have always had me on the sidelines with regard to “AR / AK” style semiauto shotties; however; feedback from a 3-gunner buddy who assured me it is a solid internal design pushed me over the edge on this AK variant and I just shelved the idea until I saw em for this clearance price. Problem is he is off the grid elk hunting out West and I need / want to know which pattern mags it takes, now d*mmit! :lol2:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    ANYONE KNOW - fer 100% sure - WHAT / WHICH PATTERN MAGS THESE RUN, specifically?

I’m in!

$287 total delivered after $18 shipping and $19 tax …

The instructions that came with mine say the Saiga12 mags will fit. I haven't tested mine yet, next trip to camp in a few weeks.. I like picking up CS-Spec mags when I can and their steel Saiga12 specifically calls out that it won't work with the JTS, so YMMV.

PSA has the JTS 10-rnd mag

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    @85MikeTPI - Thank YOU!!!!

I snagged the UPC off the PSA web page for them, punched it into a couple search engines and CONFIRMED my suspicion - these mags are either out - of - stock, backordered, low inventory or headed ^those^ ways across many (most?) vendors.

PSA was within a dollar each of the lowest I could find them (from St. Barb’s Bullets who so,d out of them last night) and so, Snagged enough from PSA to ensure my grandkids will have some …

Some of the best advice I’ve heard when it comes to removable mag fed shotguns is:

Buy Deep In Mags at same time you buy the shotgun

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    @85MikeTPI - Thank YOU!!!!

I snagged the UPC off the PSA web page for them, punched it into a couple search engines and CONFIRMED my suspicion - these mags are either out - of - stock, backordered, low inventory or headed ^those^ ways across many (most?) vendors.

PSA was within a dollar each of the lowest I could find them (from St. Barb’s Bullets who so,d out of them last night) and so, Snagged enough from PSA to ensure my grandkids will have some …

Some of the best advice I’ve heard when it comes to removable mag fed shotguns is:

Buy Deep In Mags at same time you buy the shotgun

OK I was going to wait until I fired mine for the first time before buying anything, but you guilted me into at least getting some mags.. I want to eventually grab a simple breacher choke and look into an optic and maybe a better buttstock.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Can someone explain why these aren't super popular?
    Isn't $250 too good a deal to not buy one :/
    Talk me out of it.
    I have better uses for $250. That's a couple hundred rounds of ammo in most calibers. I have absolutely no use at all for a gun of questionable reliability.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    I got one last year and I love it. It’s so much fun. Get the 10 round banana clips too. Not expensive. She’s got some weight to her too so not much kick. You can adjust the gas for what loads you’re shooting too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom