• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I have one and I love it. Gotta treat it right though. Clean it, lube it, break it in. Run it on the right gas setting and break it in with the right ammo. That said, this is the usual price point. Seems to hover between $250 and $300 on PSA.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Can someone explain why these aren't super popular?
    Isn't $250 too good a deal to not buy one :/
    Talk me out of it.
    Chyna.
    Maybe just get a Mossberg Maverick and don’t worry about finding mags, and that one you can take to busting clays with without getting a bunch of dirty looks from the SG snobs. :)

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Mine still hasn’t shipped yet. I hope there aren’t any issues.

I ordered mine Tuesday and it arrived at my FFL on Thursday so, if you are in MD-Stan I would definitely call them first thing Monday morning to confirm …

Still in stock … https://palmettostatearmory.com/jts...Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

I shot a 3-gun match yesterday (pcc & pistol only myself) and while I wasn’t paying close attention to others’ runs a fellow shooter commented on how many shotgun shooters were experienced shotgun hiccups, burps and pukes.

And, the entire spectrum was there: Beretta, Benelli, JMPro, Saiga, even a IWI TS-12 …

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    My 10-rnd mags from PSA arrived and I hit up Cabelas for a case of federal top gun birdshot to break it in.

Heading up to camp on the 17th for PA Bear season and hope to run it thru a few hundred rounds and build up my federal hull supply ;)

Last edited:

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I'm really impressed with the quality of this shotgun. It's heavy, but seems to be of pretty good quality. I went back to buy a second, but it's sold out.

In the box, it came with two mags and some sort of round plastic piece. Dumb question, but what is that for?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'm really impressed with the quality of this shotgun. It's heavy, but seems to be of pretty good quality. I went back to buy a second, but it's sold out.

In the box, it came with two mags and some sort of round plastic piece. Dumb question, but what is that for?

The box has a plastic charging handle shipping protector, a chamber flag, and a choke tool.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I’m picking mine up from my FFL later today (it arrived Thur or Fri of last week but, I've got our second JP5 coming in today so, gonna kill 2 birds w one stone); he has already purchased one of his own based on his impressions of mine; and, if I am equally impressed and they're still stock I’ll probably get a second one myself, to lend my nephew for 3-gun

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    The box has a plastic charging handle shipping protector, a chamber flag, and a choke tool.
    Thanks. I had the two magazines, the round device which must be the charging handle protector, and the installed chamber flag. I didn't see a choke tool, but that doesn't bother me too much, as I only shoot 00 buck.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Still In Stock;

DIFFERENT MODEL (hand-guards on the last one linked are different - with pic rail toward the rear and integral atop the action cover - (whereas the front, upper hand-guard is railed on the models original to this thread)

Have mine ready to head to range for some 3-gun suitability testing ‘cept, due to commitments, looking as if Friday (VETERANs’ DAY!!!!!) will be soonest I can make it. Arghhhhh!

Attachments

• IMG_8383.jpeg
      IMG_8383.jpeg
      440.7 KB · Views: 25
    • IMG_4865.jpeg
      IMG_4865.jpeg
      10.9 KB · Views: 26
    Last edited:

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    That’s a link to a different model. The handguard are different

D*mn good catch - you are correct!!!!!

DIFFERENT MODEL (hand-guards on the last one linked are different - with pic rail toward the rear and integral atop the action cover - (whereas the front, upper hand-guard is railed on the models original to this thread)

FIRST SHOTS & IMPRESSIONS

Cool Range Toy, and a no brainer for $250 (or $280 for that matter)

Mine is threaded for the original (old thread) Remington chokes - go figure!

Decided to blow my schedule today and just take it straight to the range, unbox it, load mags and shoot it right out of the box …

Disclaimer: alls I shot *today* was birdshot as all I’ll be using it for is steel fun-matches, etc.

First observation was the 10 rd mags I purchased (iirc I linked that source upthread?) are A LOT easier to load than the 5 rds mags that came with the gun …

Second, you need to press the large (ambidextrous) mag release paddle to insert the mag fully; so, in reality, the large paddle is a mag “lock” as well as a mag release. May be just me but, the only way I was able to fully seat a mag was with bolt back.

There is a bolt “hold open” (or “lock”) button starboard side and just above the trigger guard that is a heaven send for manual at arms with the gun - very much appreciated!

The gas adjustment is easy peezee to turn from:
    “0” (completely open = essentially a single shot with even powerful loads) to;
    “1” (slightly restricted, good for slugs, buckshot loads, etc) to;
    “2” (more moderately restricted, cycled Federal 1-1/8 1,200fps Field and Target loads with aplomb and finally to;
    ”3” (essentially “closed” on which it ran Remington Gun Club 1-1/8 1,200fps Target loads nicely.

On “3” the thing even ran my light (REALLY LIGHT) 7/8oz sporting clays straight-walled-hull REloads with only a couple pukes which is 100% okay because those loads are meant for o/u‘s - they won’t even cycle my Benelli Super Sport!

The choke that came with the gun is clearly a CYL and given the sight height above bore axis, not surprisingly shooting at a steel plate rack at only 12 and 16 yards the poi was pretty low. Immagunna correct that with a stalwart dot soon as, it’s back to the range Friday only this time, with tighter chokes (and maybe some FRANGIBLE slugs)!

View attachment 695579

View attachment 695580

Attachments

• IMG_8385.jpeg
      IMG_8385.jpeg
      431.8 KB · Views: 33
    • IMG_8384.jpeg
      IMG_8384.jpeg
      642.4 KB · Views: 31
    Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Here’s a link to the ones original to this thread and (forward pic rail and slick action cover) for $250, In Stock at time of this posting:

Attachments

• IMG_4868.png
      IMG_4868.png
      113.6 KB · Views: 28

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    D*mn good catch - you are correct!!!!!

FIRST SHOTS & IMPRESSIONS

Cool Range Toy, and a no brainer for $250 (or $280 for that matter)

Mine is threaded for the original (old thread) Remington chokes - go figure!

Decided to blow my schedule today and just take it straight to the range, unbox it, load mags and shoot it right out of the box …

Disclaimer: alls I shot *today* was birdshot as all I’ll be using it for is steel fun-matches, etc.

First observation was the 10 rd mags I purchased (iirc I linked that source upthread?) are A LOT easier to load than the 5 rds mags that came with the gun …

Second, you need to press the large (ambidextrous) mag release paddle to insert the mag fully; so, in reality, the large paddle is a mag “lock” as well as a mag release. May be just me but, the only way I was able to fully seat a mag was with bolt back.

There is a bolt “hold open” (or “lock”) button starboard side and just above the trigger guard that is a heaven send for manual at arms with the gun - very much appreciated!

The gas adjustment is easy peezee to turn from:
    “0” (completely open = essentially a single shot with even powerful loads) to;
    “1” (slightly restricted, good for slugs, buckshot loads, etc) to;
    “2” (more moderately restricted, cycled Federal 1-1/8 1,200fps Field and Target loads with aplomb and finally to;
    ”3” (essentially “closed” on which it ran Remington Gun Club 1-1/8 1,200fps Target loads nicely.

On “3” the thing even ran my light (REALLY LIGHT) 7/8oz sporting clays straight-walled-hull REloads with only a couple pukes which is 100% okay because those loads are meant for o/u‘s - they won’t even cycle my Benelli Super Sport!

The choke that came with the gun is clearly a CYL and given the sight height above bore axis, not surprisingly shooting at a steel plate rack at only 12 and 16 yards the poi was pretty low. Immagunna correct that with a stalwart dot soon as, it’s back to the range Friday only this time, with tighter chokes (and maybe some FRANGIBLE slugs)!

View attachment 695579

View attachment 695580
    Thanks for this range report. Mine should be here by the end of this week!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Rock on!

If anyone is interested in the pic-rail-to-the-rear (this is the latest, most current model iteration) for just $12 more, I just ordered one (to be sent to my FFL) from Dahlonega Arms for $262!!!!

+ $20 shipping and NO TAX!!!!!

So, $282, all in ($292 after my FFL‘s transfer fee)

So, now I’ll have one each of pic rail to rear and another pic rail forward … the one I shot today functioned smoothly enough I’m wont to try one with an EOTech to the rear, also.

Attachments

• IMG_4870.jpeg
      IMG_4870.jpeg
      44.1 KB · Views: 25
    • IMG_4869.jpeg
      IMG_4869.jpeg
      9.8 KB · Views: 28

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Just a heads up to anyone snagging one of these JTS M12AK shotties:

DO NOT procrastinate picking up any 10-rd mags cuz, as far as I can find on search engines gun.deals.com or Wikiarms, they are currently Out Of Stock EVERYWHERE - except PSA!!!!

One of the biggest takeaways from my shirt range session today was the fact the 10rd mags load MUCH easier than the two 5-rd mags that come with the gun. So, head’s up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom