• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Question. I am a new C&R holder. Can I buy two CZ-82s and sell one to my friend. Or would he have to go thru a FFL. Thanks
    John

Let's look at this in another way.

If you buy two of anything with your C&R (or even one!) with the intent of selling it to someone else, that's what is known as a "straw purchase," and it can earn you a paid vacation in Club Fed. Anything beyond that is irrelevant.

Yes, you can sell guns from your collection to anyone eligible to buy them, but you can't buy something with the intention of selling it to some particular person. Postings like this one could potentially get you some extra special attention.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    So I received mine from this bunch and did what most people who've never handled a CZ-82 do: Look at the barrel and exclaim "I'm sending this smooth bore gun back!"

But...then I thought some more and decided to really look into it...maybe this is actually right. And surely it is "smooth" - but in the sense of using polygonal rifling as opposed to conventional rifling. The rifling is definitely there - it's just really smooth compared to the usual lands and grooves!

The below is what mine looks like and should be fully functional, shooting [hopefully] perfectly!

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
      untitled.JPG
      34.7 KB · Views: 64

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    So I received mine from this bunch and did what most people who've never handled a CZ-82 do: Look at the barrel and exclaim "I'm sending this smooth bore gun back!"

But...then I thought some more and decided to really look into it...maybe this is actually right. And surely it is "smooth" - but in the sense of using polygonal rifling as opposed to conventional rifling. The rifling is definitely there - it's just really smooth compared to the usual lands and grooves!

The below is what mine looks like and should be fully functional, shooting [hopefully] perfectly!

That's what it should look like ... but cleaner! Do a proper cleaning on that bore, using a good solvent. You also might have to get some lead-removing solvent to get it really clean (it's hard to tell for sure from a photo). Overall, though, that's how they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom