• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    So I'm anxiously waiting on my C&R and checking out the dealer sites like a kid of many years ago thumbing through the toy section of the Sears catalog before Christmas. Have a Mosin and CZ82 Makarov in mind for the first purchases.

I've seen AIM's ad for CZ82's, but all of the sudden they've added MD to the verboten list:

FFL/03 C&R Required.
    Not for sale in MD. CA,NY & MA Dealer Sales Only. Not for sale with magazines in CA & HI.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=566&name=Czech+CZ-82+9x18+Makarov+Pistol

What's up with that? I see Widener's, Classic Firearms, and J&G all look good to go. I sent AIM an email, and hope to get a reply soon.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Give AIM the finger and buy from someone else. My CZ-82s are from Southern Ohio Guns. One is almost mint.

If your money is not good enough for AIM, it is better for you to spend it somewhere else.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Perhaps all of the 82's they have now are from '85 and on? They see that the gun is not on the approved list and don't want a hassle?

Why hasn't anyone submitted the gun yet for approval?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My guess is that this is not for C&R but for FFL01 transfers since some CZ82s are newer than 1985 iirc.

Ooops, beaten.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Talk to Hog Sniper and see what he would charge to order the gun and put it in book. You then go and pick up from him.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Screw AIM anyway. Any website that makes you send proof of ID and requires you to be 21 years old just to buy rifle ammunition can shove it.

JasonN3ZBO

Sep 7, 2010
    Lovettsville, VA
    I just recently bought a mint condition CZ82 from SOG and it was made after 1985. They didn't seem to have a problem shipping to MD. I have recently starting hearing of people being denied of their purchase so I wonder of MD contacted these companies and warned them not to sell? J&G and Century also won't sell them here. I thought I also heard that Wideners denied someone also.

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Screw AIM anyway. Any website that makes you send proof of ID and requires you to be 21 years old just to buy rifle ammunition can shove it.

You would need to show ID in a store to buy ammo (18 for rifle/shotgun and 21 for pistol ammo).

AIM is probably one of the best surplus distributors out there.

If they wont ship anything to MD,the problem has more to do with all the crazy draconian MD laws regarding guns than it does with AIM's policy.

drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    You would need to show ID in a store to buy ammo (18 for rifle/shotgun and 21 for pistol ammo).

AIM is probably one of the best surplus distributors out there.

If they wont ship anything to MD,the problem has more to do with all the crazy draconian MD laws regarding guns than it does with AIM's policy.

I never have to show ID when I buy ammo...I would stop going to that store

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Note that AIM lists no MD restrictions on the M1895 Nagant revolvers. As someone earlier said, I betcha it's got to do with the manufacture dates.

Bryan

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Darn it! I ordered a CZ82 from them and never even read the restrictions because I have ordered from them with no problems before. Bummer... Oh well, I guess I'll just take that money and get one of my other CZ82s cerakoted instead. :)

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Note that AIM lists no MD restrictions on the M1895 Nagant revolvers. As someone earlier said, I betcha it's got to do with the manufacture dates.

Bryan

Why would that make a difference? If the gun is C&R, its C&R. MD shouldn't have anything to say about it should they? I've orderd lots of guns/mags/ammo from AIM, always get really nice stuff. Strange that they did this.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I just recently bought a mint condition CZ82 from SOG and it was made after 1985. They didn't seem to have a problem shipping to MD. I have recently starting hearing of people being denied of their purchase so I wonder of MD contacted these companies and warned them not to sell? J&G and Century also won't sell them here. I thought I also heard that Wideners denied someone also.

Yeah, Wideners now has a note on their hand gun page stating no sales to MD. Seems they are only shipping C&R longguns now to MD. I haven't called them to verify though as it is just on the handgun front page, not the individual C&R handgun pages.... yet.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=700|1012

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Perhaps all of the 82's they have now are from '85 and on? They see that the gun is not on the approved list and don't want a hassle?

Why hasn't anyone submitted the gun yet for approval?

Here's what the Maryland State Police website states about the "1985" rule:

"In Maryland, it is illegal to sell or offer for sale a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that is not on the Handgun Roster. The Board compiles, maintains, and publishes the Handgun Roster, which lists those handguns which may be offered for sale in Maryland since January 1, 1985. Annually, the Handgun Roster is published in the Maryland Register. " (bold by me)

http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/23dsp/html/23agen.html

There is nothing in that language that states one cannot purchase these items, nor does it prohibit inter-state sales of said items. Is there anything different in the actual letter-of-the-law from what's written here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom