• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    God damn it. They disapproved my M10 from last year stating MD law. I left a message with the examiner but wtf!!!!!

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    So, when did you actually file it!? The weapon was from "Last Year", but when was the paperwork submitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Form 4 Machinegun? Was the reason for disapproval "MD STATE LAW, ASSAULT WEAPON - PROHIBITED"? Was OAL less than 29"?

ATF is, from what I can tell, stating that anything under 29" OAL is a handgun (SBRs, SBSs, MGs, etc.). If it's a handgun (using that definition, which makes no sense) it must then be on the Handgun Roster. If it's not on the Roster, it is an Assault Weapon and banned. It makes no sense.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    NO ONE KNOWS WTF THEY'RE DOING! That's why all this crap is taking place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    This was purchased last summer. Form 4 in state transfer individual signed off by MSP. No matter what it would be grandfathered as I had a purchase order months before Oct. everything in SB281 says semi auto.

From the call I got all my guys said what that the paperwork said MD law. They had requested OAL pictures a few weeks ago so I'm sure that's what they are going with. Again purchase order !!!!! I'm ****ing livid

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Under 29 is a handgun? I thought it was a copycat. And copycats aren't ALG's.

WTF are these people doing?

That's what NFA Branch is operating under. They have stated that is what MSP told them. I'm trying to set up a meeting with MSP to discuss this issue.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    They are disapproving over 31" too they just did that to me. They said I need supporting documentation from MSP saying an sbr over 29" is ok to build.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I left a message with the examiner. None of this should matter as I purchased this before October and being grandfatherd in is in the text of the bill no matter what the MSP says.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So the fact that anything under 29" isn't legal requires a letter saying over 29" is?

You can't fix stupid.

My phone typing wasn't the best in that last post. Lol. But yea I want to make a 31" which ATF wants supporting documentation from the state saying it is legal. At least that's what they told me just a little over an hour ago.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I believe the law SPECIFICALLY states semi-automatic.

Dammit. I was going to buy a MG this summer. I guess I'll just get a few more suppressors.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Indeed Doc. 281 makes no mention of MG's unless the new thinking is it's now just a handgun and not on the roster so banned.

talk about MSP picking and choosing and now BATF is playing their silly game as well. Their March 20 directive addressed both legal descriptions. Now they are only saying they're all just handguns regardeless of their OAL?

wow.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    What was the year of manufacture for your MG? If manufactured prior to 1/1/1985, it does NOT have to be on the Roster, even if a MG can be a Handgun.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    It would be very helpful if the OP could post the exact reason his M10 was disapproved. I have a suspicion it had nothing to do with Maryland law and instead was something with the gun.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    It would be very helpful if the OP could post the exact reason his M10 was disapproved. I have a suspicion it had nothing to do with Maryland law and instead was something with the gun.

Sorry, I don't have the paperwork and when the seller called me he didn't have it in front of him. He said the paperwork stated " denied due to state law." I will get more info when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom