• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    What was the year of manufacture for your MG? If manufactured prior to 1/1/1985, it does NOT have to be on the Roster, even if a MG can be a Handgun.

I can't find a serial number list that I think I looked it up when I bought it. It is a MAC/ RPB double stamp gun so it's fairly early and for some reason 81 or 82 are sticking in my head.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I'm in the same boat, I can't believe this. I was planning to purchase a MAC 10 at the end of the summer. Ugh. Guess I'll put the money toward an apt in Texas then

It sucks for you guys but I bought mine before sb281 so there is no reason it should be denied.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I believe the law SPECIFICALLY states semi-automatic.

Dammit. I was going to buy a MG this summer. I guess I'll just get a few more suppressors.

Me too if certain things go my way this summer. I'm buying the cans now tho since it looks like trusts won't be much use come June or July.

Guess I'll buy a bike instead as my present to myself instead.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    atf is just going off what Frosh's interpretation of sb281 will be when he becomes AG. we have to make sure that doesnt happen.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    This whole under-29 OAL being applied to NFA items is beyond ridiculous, a colossal over-reach.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    So are these MGs being turned down because they are under 29"s or because they are under 16" barrels or both?

I ask because I have a 11" M16 with a OAL of 29.5" right now. I need to see if I need to swap an upper out on it asap.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sounds like everything that has barrels under 16" is a handgun and not on the roster so banned. total crock. To MSP it seems a MG is a handgun too

I think being under 29" just another prohibitor.

Just an observation though.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you are going to disapprove a SBR because it is not on the handgun roster, shouldn't it be classified as a LBH??

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    anyone been able to contact nfa branch? or OP have you talkedto your examiner>?
    I was disapproved on sbr though it met all legal reqirements of md and nfa and still disapproved even msp said I should not have been but atf will not return phone calls... I will paper form one and wait forever and a day again but why if I will be denied is my thought?
    fyi msp said that form one is fine and even not needed on roster unless you would like to sell it in future then it would have to be on the roster...

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Get a 16" barrel, send a permanent change notice to the ATF, re-apply. Transfer with said long barrel. Once you get it home put a shorter barrel on it and you should be good to go.

Note: This denial has ZERO to do with SB281. It has everything to do with the MSP's recent (by request) ruling about SBR's and their re-interpretation of PRE SB281 law.

-Jim

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I left the examiner a message and am waiting. If they don't get back to me I will be pissed. My paperwork was signed off by MSP so they can shove it up their ass.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

Well, looky here. I try to stay on top of things but missed this. Good news but since I'm planning on heading to see the Devil Himself tomorrow with a couple of grand to leave on his counter already...I guess I'll just go ahead and do it anyway.

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up, swinokur.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I got my approval for my M11/9 and Mac10 on the 18th of May, before they started denying. However, I thought this might happen so to stay legal, this is what my M11/9 looks like now with the extended barrel shroud pinned and welded to the barrel:

Attachments

• M11_long.jpg
      M11_long.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 483

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I left the examiner a message and am waiting. If they don't get back to me I will be pissed. My paperwork was signed off by MSP so they can shove it up their ass.

It'll take a day or so, but they'll return your call my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    What the mf...I bought my M11 and submitted the paperwork to the ATF before October 1st. It's still pending, but this doesn't sound good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom