• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gaptrick

Jun 18, 2013
    N.E. Ohio
    Hello to all, and thanks for the automated welcome... much appreciated.

My wife and family are planning a trip from Ohio to Virginia Beach. Since our Mapquest directions are taking us through the great State of Maryland, I'm doing some homework regarding the what, whos, hows and whys of my EDC.

I found some info on handguns.us and saw that Maryland seemed a bit "strict" regarding the cans and can't of CC, so I looked deeper and found this site.

After browsing through some topics here in the forums, I've come to one conclusion...

WTF!!!

I cant believe the things you are all going through to obtain a license. My money says your elected officials and their respective families are well protected from the very same criminals that all of you law abiding constituents are wary of. My honest heart felt prayers are with you all.

As far as my travel route goes, it looks as if I'll be needing to pull over before hitting the state line, removing the Kimber and stowing it in a locked container that will be on the roof of the vehicle, unloaded (and seperate from the ((unloaded??)) magazine?)... then repeated in reverse once in the free state of Virginia. A reply to the validity of the above method is highly appreciated:)

I thought all of this to be a pain and nonsense until I learned of your plight. It makes my little venture to the back of my vehicle on the side of the road a mere hiccup.

Why, being under the same umbrella of the 2A, you and I have such different 'rules' regarding our liberty?

I may not be a taxpayer in your state, but I have to abide by the same laws on the books as you while I'm there, making me an interested party. Unfortunatly, my family and I will NOT be stopping in your fair state as I'll be gassing up in the free state of PA and driving right through MD, not contributing a nickel to your states economy. There are over 300,000 fellow Ohioans with a CC license that feel the same way, and thats just OHIO.

Until the MD legislature steps into the 21st century and aknowleges my worth as a law abiding human being, MD will never be considered to be in the running for any vacation destination either. In fact there is still a chance of driving around your state all together.

In reading back the above text before closing, I hope that I did not come off as rude or berating you, my fellow citizens. Any distain is to be directed directly to your elected officials be they red or blue.... No mater their politics it is obvious to me that they are simply wrong and its you the taxpayers are paying with their lives. Literally with your lives.

Again, my prayers and thoughts are with you all. Anything else I can do, let me know... if it is within my power I'll do it. Good luck to all...

Feel free to forward this to the elected official of your choosing and let them know how the neighbors feel...

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Welcome, Yes cased, unloaded and out of reach is unfortunately the way to go while in the "free state"
    As far as our elected officials go, their open disregard for our rights and opinions in this state is well known. They simply don't care. Come October 1 we will have more BS to go through to BUY a handgun than you will in Ohio to carry one. Maryland won't care about the money you might have spent here, they recently said FU to Beretta when they made some noise about pulling out of the state.

jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    Hello to all, and thanks for the automated welcome... much appreciated.

My wife and family are planning a trip from Ohio to Virginia Beach. Since our Mapquest directions are taking us through the great State of Maryland, I'm doing some homework regarding the what, whos, hows and whys of my EDC.

I found some info on handguns.us and saw that Maryland seemed a bit "strict" regarding the cans and can't of CC, so I looked deeper and found this site.

After browsing through some topics here in the forums, I've come to one conclusion...

WTF!!!

I cant believe the things you are all going through to obtain a license. My money says your elected officials and their respective families are well protected from the very same criminals that all of you law abiding constituents are wary of. My honest heart felt prayers are with you all.

As far as my travel route goes, it looks as if I'll be needing to pull over before hitting the state line, removing the Kimber and stowing it in a locked container that will be on the roof of the vehicle, unloaded (and seperate from the ((unloaded??)) magazine?)... then repeated in reverse once in the free state of Virginia. A reply to the validity of the above method is highly appreciated:)

I thought all of this to be a pain and nonsense until I learned of your plight. It makes my little venture to the back of my vehicle on the side of the road a mere hiccup.

Why, being under the same umbrella of the 2A, you and I have such different 'rules' regarding our liberty?

I may not be a taxpayer in your state, but I have to abide by the same laws on the books as you while I'm there, making me an interested party. Unfortunatly, my family and I will NOT be stopping in your fair state as I'll be gassing up in the free state of PA and driving right through MD, not contributing a nickel to your states economy. There are over 300,000 fellow Ohioans with a CC license that feel the same way, and thats just OHIO.

Until the MD legislature steps into the 21st century and aknowleges my worth as a law abiding human being, MD will never be considered to be in the running for any vacation destination either. In fact there is still a chance of driving around your state all together.

In reading back the above text before closing, I hope that I did not come off as rude or berating you, my fellow citizens. Any distain is to be directed directly to your elected officials be they red or blue.... No mater their politics it is obvious to me that they are simply wrong and its you the taxpayers are paying with their lives. Literally with your lives.

Again, my prayers and thoughts are with you all. Anything else I can do, let me know... if it is within my power I'll do it. Good luck to all...

Feel free to forward this to the elected official of your choosing and let them know how the neighbors feel...

Applause..:clap:

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville. You don't have to unload the mag just clear the chamber and remove the mag. They need to be seperate and preferably discreetly stored so there is no reason to question if there is a gun and if it is inaccessible you don't have access to it so no you don't. Settle in with some sweet lemonade( official beverage ) and enjoy the show.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    If you go around us then you won't get to see our beautifully clean Inner Harbor...

If he goes around Marylandstan, how will he see our "great" gun laws work at reducing crime? I know a few neighborhoods in Baltimore that you have too see while passing through!

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    When you drive through here, don't buy gas, you will only be supporting the machine. In fact, just attempt to drive around Maryland, place is a hell hole. Also, watch out for speed cameras, we have them by the hundreds and out of town people get hit with them the hardest.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Great intro. Just FYI the best way to enter Maryland from a neighboring state is for you to climb onto the roof of your car, with your pants around your ankles. Have your wife SLOWLY back the car into Maryland, in reverse, so that the powers that be can make sure they know exactly what you may or may not be hiding.

You'll go through the same thing on the way out, but they'll pull it from your pockets that time.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    The state will still get your money via tolls if you plan to take 95. Also, watch out for speed traps and construction zone speed cameras (fines doubled). There's quite a lot of them on MD's highways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom