• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    X39 was designed to work in loose fitting guns, so if you tighten things up to get better accuracy, you get the reliability of an ar, which isn't bad. Plus x39 is cheap and plentiful.

The x35 is an engineering masterpiece. Whoever thought to put a 308 bullet into a 223 case and design it to use all its powder in a 10" barrel is a genius! It's the ultimate suppress able in subsonic.

If I could own only one rifle it would be a 556, but followed closely by a x35 pistol. All parts interchangeable too, except the barrel. So if you own an ar, you just need a barrel and you also own a x35. Congratulations. x35 is only getting more popular.

Once you go blk, you won't go back.

Just kidding, I still shoot more 556, it's cheaper and does most everything a blackout can do.

So to sum up: 300blackout (aka x35), has the range of an AR, knockdown power of an AK, can be readily suppressed, works great in a short barrel and is your AR, but with a different barrel. What's not to like? Ok, we need more ammo, and it costs too much to shoot (at the moment).

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    X39 was designed to work in loose fitting guns, so if you tighten things up to get better accuracy, you get the reliability of an ar, which isn't bad. Plus x39 is cheap and plentiful.

The x35 is an engineering masterpiece. Whoever thought to put a 308 bullet into a 223 case and design it to use all its powder in a 10" barrel is a genius! It's the ultimate suppress able in subsonic.

If I could own only one rifle it would be a 556, but followed closely by a x35 pistol. All parts interchangeable too, except the barrel. So if you own an ar, you just need a barrel and you also own a x35. Congratulations. x35 is only getting more popular.

Just kidding, I still shoot more 556, it's cheaper and does most everything a blackout can do.

So to sum up: 300blackout (aka x35), has the range of an AR, knockdown power of an AK, can be readily suppressed, works great in a short barrel and is your AR, but with a different barrel. What's not to like? Ok, we need more ammo, and it costs too much to shoot (at the moment).
    Great post! Well written and delivered with conviction.

Fiddlersgreen

IYACYAS
    Nov 4, 2014
    Harford County

Well said

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Any recemdations for who makes/has a good 300blk upper that's resonably priced?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I believe AAC has one of the best uppers on the market for a good price, especially if you can find a 1/7 twist 16" model. 300 blackout is a reloader's round. Using magnum pistol powders such as H110, A1680, Lil Gun, IMR 4227, ACC No. 9, and the list goes on. As far as bullets, there are rounds for plinking, competition, and rounds for hunting. The ballistics on this round shows it hits with the same energy as a 45 ACP at the muzzle at 300 meters. That is good enough for me! So my choice would be 300 blackout for the simple purpose of always being able to reload.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I agree with Minuteman about the .300 being superior.

Im going to disagree with everyone about DD and AAC for Uppers. DD loves to grossly oversize the gas ports and AAC I have seen for accuracy issues and failures to cycle some factory ammo.

If you want a .300 buy a Ranier or Noveske Barrel and have Ranier or Adco put the upper on if you don't have a local smith.

Personally I believe Pistol Gas, Ranier Ultramatch Barrels with SLR Adjustable Gas Blocks (Pinned) to be the optimal setup.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I agree with Minuteman about the .300 being superior.

Im going to disagree with everyone about DD and AAC for Uppers. DD loves to grossly oversize the gas ports and AAC I have seen for accuracy issues and failures to cycle some factory ammo.

If you want a .300 buy a Ranier or Noveske Barrel and have Ranier or Adco put the upper on if you don't have a local smith.

Personally I believe Pistol Gas, Ranier Ultramatch Barrels with SLR Adjustable Gas Blocks (Pinned) to be the optimal setup.

Ballpark cost to have a local gunsmith convert an AR upper to 300BLK?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ballpark cost to have a local gunsmith convert an AR upper to 300BLK?

Honestly there are too many variables to quote.

Do the ramps match or do they need to be blended?
    What Rail System is on the Upper now, and is it loctited on?
    Installing a new Rail System?
    Pin and Weld a Muzzle Device for Maryland O.A.L. Requirements?
    Time a Suppressor Brake?
    Pin a FSB/Gas Block?
    Test Fire/Stand behind the work?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm looking at doing a 16" barreled upper for deer season next year. Is it possible to get a 300BLK barrel with a pistol gas system, to ensure reliability, or is that a no go in your experience? I was thinking about getting one to the Rainier 300BLK 16' barrels, due to the cost.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm looking at doing a 16" barreled upper for deer season next year. Is it possible to get a 300BLK barrel with a pistol gas system, to ensure reliability, or is that a no go in your experience? I was thinking about getting one to the Rainier 300BLK 16' barrels, due to the cost.

Pistol Gas is helpful if ypu want to run sub sonic ammo. Otherwise its not needed.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Most of your big name guys are running pistol-length on all their 300BLK barrels, so don't worry about it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For the folks that think the 300BLK is useless or weak, I can post the exit wound from the 6-point Buck I took. It dropped him with less than 5 steps taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom