• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Guys,

I am in disbelieve reading some of your comments. You all act as if the libs did not have access to the internets and if Google could not produce a zillion hits if you search "AR-10 and banned". We don't live in a vacuum. At the end of the day, did it matter that President Reagan was shot with a little revolver, or that the Vtech shooter used a .22? Look at the Navy Yard shooter headlines: "AR-15 shotgun", anyone? They still went to ban anything under the Sun. The GCA of 1968 was in response to the MLK and RFK assassination, just because the mail-order rifle "loophole". Look where we are now...we allowed the progressives to control the message.

Jeff has a right to speak with anyone he desires (press included) and express his opinion. He did not claim to be representing MDI or MS Shooters. We are no better than the schizophrenic liberal hopoplobes when we start attacking our own. Don't you think that liberals and government goons are monitoring these pages right now? Divide and conquer at its finest!:sad20:

Cowboy the f%* k up, and realize who our enemy is ( the low information citizen)! We fight against ignorance, and misinformation, all designed to brainwash Americans to believe (or feel, in the case of progressives) into accepting that the 2A CAN be infringed.

Read up on Alinky's Rules, and start employing them. Research "Nazi propaganda" and learn how to fight it.

None of this is at issue. Look at the resulting news article and tell me who controlled the message. That is the only issue. Tell me what you LIV made of it, and tell me if it helped. At the end of the day that is all that matters. No blame, no recrimination -- what do we do next time to control the message?

Tell me how to let the press get the final edit and still fight the propaganda.

Really if you know - tell me. I have been working on it for 20 years.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    The issue is momentum, and unfortunately the other side still has it. With every negative gun related incident out there the debate gets brought back to the forefront with this administration and the media. Silence from the gun advocates could give the perception of conceding. That is not a perception we want.

No easy solution for us, that much is for sure.

Then why are they losing nation wide?
    Why are we losing here?

The other side does not have momentum, if they did they would not be looking for dirt.

They use us, and we let them.

This is our message.

" Its not gun Violence its gang violence "
    " You can not make illegal activity go away by outlawing it "
    " The state can require a citizen to justify the exercise of a right --- the burden is on the state to show why an individual can not"
    " All guns are dangerous if misused. the people who misuse them should be punished, but instead our overloads blame guns and let criminals go free-- I think is professional courtesy, but if not its gross incompetence."

The NRA ( thats right the NRA ) has hammered this home nationally, by controlling the message and not letting the press get to cut and paste what they say.

This means our own adds. There is no other way. The press in MD will not give us a fair deal.

WE MUST CONTROL OUR MESSAGE.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Brooklyn,

I understand Sir. But censoring and bullying our own our own ( which we have seen on this forum quite often) is no better than the Left's calls to take Rush l., Glenn beck,, or Fox News off the air. We need to speak truth to power, we need to be loud(er) than the antis. This is our chosen route...this is our Calvary. And we need to get on their faces.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brooklyn,

I understand Sir. But censoring and bullying our own our own ( which we have seen on this forum quite often) is no better than the Left's calls to take Rush l., Glenn beck,, or Fox News off the air. We need to speak truth to power, we need to be loud(er) than the antis. This is our chosen route...this is our Calvary. And we need to get on their faces.

No argument there. If you see me do it --- call me on it. That was not my intent.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    ?

Sgt Preston here...

Thank you for pointing out to a reporter (and the State Legislators) that the AR10 will need to be added to the banned list during the Spring Legislative Session...

Walking around outside with an AR (in a Communist State) also just adds fuel to the Anti's fire...

What was the OTHER point of your interview..?

Hmmmm...kind of what I was thinking...but..................

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    While you may be able to Google AR 10 and AR 15, I think that it would be prudent to NOT speak openly about it, as I believe that it DOES give the anti 2A people added ammunition to say "HEY WE LEFT SOME CRUMBS ON THE TABLE THAT WE NEED TO CLEAN UP !! Look at the first reports about the Navy Yard shooting, that old bag FEEINSTEEN out in CA is screaming about BANS BANS AR15's...that wench needs to get laid or something, because that is ALL she has on her mind.

While we cannot hide this info about magazines, and AR10's and such, I really do not think it is in our best interest to magnify the situation for them. As Broklynn makes a very valid point about the media..they will NEVER be on our side. So, lets stop believing their BS, and avoid giving them anything to twist and manipulate that we can.

Now that is just my opinion, but, at 55 yrs old, I have watched this country change in ways that I still find myself in disbelief. When I was a kid, and my father enrolled me in the NRA shooting clubs, everyone was PROUD to wear a NRA shirt, or mention being a member. Now, with the changes this country has gone through, and is STILL going through, the flood of illegal aliens in our country, the bankruptcy of our finances and the DO NOTHING of our Congress, Senate and Presidents, we need to be VERY smart and look 25-30 yrs down the road. Because, if you study what happened overseas, they were all short sighted, and look at where most countries are now. We are the OLDEST DEMOCRACY in the world, and there are certain, rights that we have, that we MUST KEEP to remain that way.

Otherwise, winning the cold war, and everything else we sacrificed for will be for nothing.

Anyways, just a few thought from an older fart, not looking forward to the future of our country in a optimistic way. BUT....still hopeful! :-)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Agreed!

:thumbsup:
    Other views are always welcome here...

But there is no doubt, the Anti's will get all the good press...

And we'll still be the red necks...

Merry Land is NOT a Free State, it's heading toward being a Gun Free State...

Reminding the Legislature how many guns aren't covered by the new law, like the AR10, will ultimately get them added to the banned list...

We need to be more careful of what we say & to whom we say it...

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I respectfully disagree with many of my fellow members here.

I don't think the above piece will have any affect one way or another.
    Here's an article from the Washington Post in January. Guess what they discuss?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ban-didnt-work-will-the-new-one-be-different/
    Notice the rifles in that list.

It's foolish to think our legislators are that ignorant. They've spoken with folks at Feinstein's office and others of that ilk. Doubting that would be absurd. Hell, they no-doubt monitor this board. There's even an anti guy that comments on the Baltimore Sun's website that reads this forum.

Wouldn't SB281's early versions have required registration of existing AR-10s (and all sorts of other currently unregulated rifles) and banned them anyways via feature test?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It not about guns.. it about pandering to the clueless moms... its the moms we need to keep clueless. The leg knows that possesion is not banned, and yet they tell their supporters that there is a ban -- why is that.?

The mom are so scared of guns they will not go near a range or a gun shop--- so they only know what frosh tells them. He says ban they say ok and go back to sleep--- for now.

I have been fighting these fools for years --- they have the attention span of a ball point --- we do not want any media -- we want to talk to folks one on one..

I am doing just that.. join us in out public outreach. There is a better way to talk to folks were we control the message not the media ...

If the media were fair -- it would be different. they are not and never will be ---we need to bypass the media

As a mom, I find this incredibly offensive . Trying to keep us in the dark is not a good plan. Take us to the range, show us how to use firearms - that's where the win is. Thanks Bolts, Mopar and Lou!

I've observed the OP from a distance, twice. He possess a huge ego. That same ego along with a large dose of confidence is what propelled him to the realtor of the year. Congrats and bless him for that.

I have a much smaller ego and maybe even a touch of self doubt, so it's easy for me to take my wild ideas and run them through MSI leadership before I go off half-cocked. It is my hope the OP sees that checking with MSI has merit, so we speak with one voice.

There is merit in speaking as an unaffiliated individual. Sometimes more so than allowing an organization to control the message.

Brooklyn,

Well said.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Guys,

I am in disbelieve reading some of your comments. You all act as if the libs did not have access to the internets and if Google could not produce a zillion hits if you search "AR-10 and banned". We don't live in a vacuum. At the end of the day, did it matter that President Reagan was shot with a little revolver, or that the Vtech shooter used a .22? Look at the Navy Yard shooter headlines: "AR-15 shotgun", anyone? They still went to ban anything under the Sun. The GCA of 1968 was in response to the MLK and RFK assassination, just because the mail-order rifle "loophole". Look where we are now...we allowed the progressives to control the message.

Jeff has a right to speak with anyone he desires (press included) and express his opinion. He did not claim to be representing MDI or MS Shooters. We are no better than the schizophrenic liberal hopoplobes when we start attacking our own. Don't you think that liberals and government goons are monitoring these pages right now? Divide and conquer at its finest!:sad20:

Cowboy the f%* k up, and realize who our enemy is ( the low information citizen)! We fight against ignorance, and misinformation, all designed to brainwash Americans to believe (or feel, in the case of progressives) into accepting that the 2A CAN be infringed.

Read up on Alinky's Rules, and start employing them. Research "Nazi propaganda" and learn how to fight it.

And I have a right to say that telling all the antis what guns they missed is stupid.

MD isn't a purple state, it is a blue state and you are better off trying to keep the public in the dark. There was a reason there was no referendum brought against this bill, we would have gotten DESTROYED and it would look way worse for the court case.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    There was no malicious intent. Of course. This is a lesson in Maryland media. You think you are making great pints and. They see your side. In reality, they are just finding more things to bury is with.

Sent from my fire using smoke.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Does MSI take donations that would be used specifically for placing ads, ads that promote the truth about guns, and what's wrong with the laws? I'm not sure of what all this organization does.

On occasion, MSI does fundraising efforts for specific purposes, and all donations received in that period are used for that purpose.

Otherwise, all donations are considered general in nature.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Some of the comments here have entirely NO basis. I know this FFL personally and he has been a great supporter of the 2A movement. However, because some of you want to bash his 1A by labeling him this or that doesn't make you smarter or better. He brings a service to this already screwed up State and quite honestly anyone that says otherwise is FOS. I'd like to see just one of you elitist bashers demonstrate how you've furthered the 2A agenda other than with you communist manifesto bravado of all talk around the cooler. PATHETIC.

You divide us ALL and create divide/alienation. You support nothing but your own charismatic perspectives. You may, indeed, go f*ck yourselves when you attack one of our own.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Guys,

PRECISELY

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some of the comments here have entirely NO basis. I know this FFL personally and he has been a great supporter of the 2A movement. However, because some of you want to bash his 1A by labeling him this or that doesn't make you smarter or better. He brings a service to this already screwed up State and quite honestly anyone that says otherwise is FOS. I'd like to see just one of you elitist bashers demonstrate how you've furthered the 2A agenda other than with you communist manifesto bravado of all talk around the cooler. PATHETIC.

You divide us ALL and create divide/alienation. You support nothing but your own charismatic perspectives. You may, indeed, go f*ck yourselves when you attack one of our own.

Just because people share our views does not mean everything they do is correct or harmless. I don't feel the need to crow about "what I have done" in furthering the pro-2A agenda. There are a LOT of people in this thread that have done an awful lot...apparently more than you realize. Things like this can erase some of the progress we have made, so we take it a bit personally at times. There are some things we just don't need to talk about. Especially to the media. I don't believe he intended to be anything other than helpful. I just think it was an unwise move. This is not an MSI opinion, this is a personal opinion.

Just as Jeff has the 1A Right to say what he wants, others have a 1A Right to disagree. You are trying to bully people into not disagreeing, if you think about it. Like it or not, we are fighting a PR war as much as anything. When we educate the public about these things, we need to be in an arena where WE control the message, not the media. The media, by and large, is not on our side. We can do community outreach, take people shooting, show them that these firearms are used for recreation, talk to them about crime statistics, talk to them about what laws would make a difference, show them that gun bans have no effect on crime. Crowing about what they DIDN'T ban and talking about how they are "the same thing" or "more powerful" is not helpful.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Just because people share our views does not mean everything they do is correct or harmless. I don't feel the need to crow about "what I have done" in furthering the pro-2A agenda. There are a LOT of people in this thread that have done an awful lot...apparently more than you realize. Things like this can erase some of the progress we have made, so we take it a bit personally at times. There are some things we just don't need to talk about. Especially to the media.

Just as Jeff has the 1A Right to say what he wants, others have a 1A Right to disagree. You are trying to bully people into not disagreeing, if you think about it. Like it or not, we are fighting a PR war as much as anything. When we educate the public about these things, we need to be in an arena where WE control the message, not the media. The media, by and large, is not on our side. We can do community outreach, take people shooting, show them that these firearms are used for recreation, talk to them about crime statistics, talk to them about what laws would make a difference, show them that gun bans have no effect on crime. Crowing about what they DIDN'T ban and talking about how they are "the same thing" or "more powerful" is not helpful.

Which happened first? Paranoid delusions because someone talked about the "scary" AR-10 in the wake of a ban. Pathetic. My angle isn't to bully as much as it is to bring to light the elitist here and there are many who want to CONTROL everything. Kinda hypocritical when we talk about who deserves what in a free society. I get it because I get under folks skin here for bringing it to light.

NPR also has the power of editing the news that they take in. The stuff was redacted to misconception the truth. Unless you personally know the man - you're just as much of the problem as the next guy that's "crowing".

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    As a mom, I find this incredibly offensive . Trying to keep us in the dark is not a good plan. Take us to the range, show us how to use firearms - that's where the win is. Thanks Bolts, Mopar and Lou!

I was of course referring to the various' MOMS' groups. No offense was intented.

Dumais has been to the range. Now she will use what she has learned. Next session will be interesting.. 10k in lawyers mall or bust.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Which happened first? Paranoid delusions because someone talked about the "scary" AR-10 in the wake of a ban. Pathetic. My angle isn't to bully as much as it is to bring to light the elitist here and there are many who want to CONTROL everything. Kinda hypocritical when we talk about who deserves what in a free society. I get it because I get under folks skin here for bringing it to light.

NPR also has the power of editing the news that they take in. The stuff was redacted to misconception the truth. Unless you personally know the man - you're just as much of the problem as the next guy that's "crowing".

There will be disagreements. Learn to live with that.

You will see them try to ban AR-10's this year. I have no illusions that the legislators are not aware of the guns they did not ban. The problem is that they are trying to impress a segment of the public. Educate that segment on what is still available, and they will wonder what it was the legislators did. They will then need to work on further bans. They need to keep their base happy. Sorry you and I don't see eye to eye. We probably do on a lot of things. On this, we do not

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County

1st. The 1A applies to protection on speech from the government, so I don't know what that has to do with conversations among private citizens... And we have the same "1A" right to criticize what he says.

2nd. If you think pointing out that an ar-10 is a more powerful ar-15 is going to get ar-15s unbanned, you are misguided. All its going to do is get ar-10s banned also.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom