• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    If I were a betting kinda guy, I would guess they are being asked to fix the amendment that passed then got defeated. It looked bad and was and is embarrassing. Just a WA guess.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I wonder if the arm twisting is to get them to scrap all the committee amendments and start over with the exact version the senate passed, so that they can save the effort needed to reconcile those bills

Actually, I think they WANT the house version to be different. If it goes to conference, it's a closed session with, what, 6 people, all of whom will be MOM's kids. In conference they can basically rewrite the thing, then present a completely new bill to both chambers for an up/down vote, no amendments.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Actually, I think they WANT the house version to be different. If it goes to conference, it's a closed session with, what, 6 people, all of whom will be MOM's kids. In conference they can basically rewrite the thing, then present a completely new bill to both chambers for an up/down vote, no amendments.

how are the closed session participants chosen? by speakers of the leg. branches?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Speaker appoints from the house, The President of the Senate appoints for the Senate for a conference committee.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

Now that owemalley has all of his whores back in line, this may be the plan.

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013

That seems reasonable too. But if they were going to do that, why did they bother accepting any amendments in the House? It seems to me the House amendments were accepted because Dems felt they had to--that feeling will still be in place when the reconciliation version gets presented.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    The only upside of the conference is it gives us more time to contact donors to pull their upcoming donations.

MDvoice

Reason
    Mar 24, 2013
    Berlin, MD
    They are late once again, not to mention they were late to start the session. I mean its amzing they lack of respect that they have for the public.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    How can any of them look at themselves in the mirror or have ANY self respect after this?

I'd have more respect for them if they are at least true believers; but to know this law is BS, know your constituency doesn't want this and vote for it just because a lame duck governor threatens you? That makes you the lowest form of coward.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    i heard some static... perhaps they're on their way back in?

(also, they have to clean the blood off from whipping the dems) :D

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    That seems reasonable too. But if they were going to do that, why did they bother accepting any amendments in the House? It seems to me the House amendments were accepted because Dems felt they had to--that feeling will still be in place when the reconciliation version gets presented.

They have to make some false pretense of a good show. We will see this week. If the Senate votes down the changes from the House, prepare to purchase KY in bulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom