• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Huge is bigger.

;)

There is Mr. Bigger, Mrs. Bigger, and Baby Boy Bigger...

Which one is largest?

Baby Boy, because he's just a little Bigger.

Hey....We're trying to be serious here....

That was a good one.

Jim Smith

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I listened to the 3:16 mark. I don't think I disagree with everything they are saying, I just don't think they have a clue about all the laws that are already out there. They have n clue that unlike in Connecticut, Maryland already has a "common sense" law that requires a Form 77r and anal cavity database search on the applicant's background.

Yes, it should be a parents' responsibility to prevent their children from gaining access to a loaded firearm, or any firearm for that matter, but it doesn't hurt to teach children the safety aspect of handling a firearm should they ever come into contact with one. We teach driver safety. In fact, it is almost mandatory. However, accidents still do happen. The more people, adults and children, that are taught gun safety, the less chance there is of an accident.

Universal background checks? I'm torn on that one. Nobody with a mental disorder should be able to buy a firearm at a yard sale. However, the federal government shouldn't have a database of every gun owner in America either.

The thing with most people, even gun owners themselves, is that they have no idea what the gun laws are.

A lot of people have no idea that they become a prohibited person for a year upon their 3rd DUI conviction. They may never drink and use a firearm, but because they drink and drive, they can no longer own a firearm for a year. Yeah, that sounds like "common sense" to me. Should prohibit them from owning a vehicle for a year, maybe more.

The point is whatever the people at the local level believe, they do no have the same agenda as Shannon Watts and MDA national. Aligning with bloomberg should have made that crystal clear. You can also see numerous examples on ttag. In the end MDA members are just lemmings/useful idiots to get to a certain end goal. They don't realize it. The foolish desire to "do something, anything really" is their downfall. Of course National does a good job of isolating the moms by banning anybody that counters or questions their holy words.

All I can say is that for all the gun control org's out there, not one of them has any real interest in gun safety or doing what is best for gun owners. They only have their end goals in mind.

As for UBC's

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I listened to the 3:16 mark. I don't think I disagree with everything they are saying, I just don't think they have a clue about all the laws that are already out there. They have n clue that unlike in Connecticut, Maryland already has a "common sense" law that requires a Form 77r and anal cavity database search on the applicant's background.

Yes, it should be a parents' responsibility to prevent their children from gaining access to a loaded firearm, or any firearm for that matter, but it doesn't hurt to teach children the safety aspect of handling a firearm should they ever come into contact with one. We teach driver safety. In fact, it is almost mandatory. However, accidents still do happen. The more people, adults and children, that are taught gun safety, the less chance there is of an accident.

Universal background checks? I'm torn on that one. Nobody with a mental disorder should be able to buy a firearm at a yard sale. However, the federal government shouldn't have a database of every gun owner in America either.

The thing with most people, even gun owners themselves, is that they have no idea what the gun laws are.

A lot of people have no idea that they become a prohibited person for a year upon their 3rd DUI conviction. They may never drink and use a firearm, but because they drink and drive, they can no longer own a firearm for a year. Yeah, that sounds like "common sense" to me. Should prohibit them from owning a vehicle for a year, maybe more.

Your post has a lot of merit short of the DUI thing although it's true. The DUI'er should be prohibited from driving for a year, not loose their gun rights for a year.

lol - both 6 letter words. Humongous. Now that there is 9 letters. lol

I'll have to do a search on my computer to see the last time I used "rabble" with "rouser". Of course, you could go with one bigger word like instigator (10), agitator (8), or malcontent (10). There is also a two word phrase with the sme meaning and number of letters, "trouble maker". lol

So y'all's lookin' for a BIG word??? How's this:

Supercallafragilisticexpialladocious.

Who can tell me the origin of that word???

Maybe I didn't clearly state my opinion. What I'm saying is that there would be no firearm information obtained of any type. Run the NICS (or other BGC to determine eligibility) and the records are destroyed immediately. Thereby not creating any registration of any type.

The question is whether or not this can be truly implemented.

This ^^^, but with no restrictions other than what's already in place now. One example is if martial law is implemented in a given area, state, region, or nationally, the BGC organization, be it FBI NICS or otherwise, must remain in service normal hours (as now) for said inquiries. If the BGC organization is not available at time of inquiry during normal hours (again, as now) or the inquiry comes up on "hold" for that individual, the individual can pick up the firearm(s) on the 4th business day providing the BGC organization hasn't contacted the seller in that timeframe to deny the transfer.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The roots of the word have been defined[4] as follows: super- "above", cali- "beauty", fragilistic- "delicate", expiali- "to atone", and -docious "educable", with the sum of these parts signifying roughly "Atoning for educability through delicate beauty." According to the film, it is defined as "something to say when you have nothing to say".

Thank you Mr. Wiki

Jim Smith

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Tracking gun owners is not as big a deal as tracking guns. Just ask Bloomberg.

Most of us have outed ourselves anyway. ;)

To the extent than ubc can ever pass SS it must be narrowly tailored.. gun information has no relevance.

Of course if it were up to me,I would have no background check ...just a list of prohibited persons ...a ' no gun ' list..

To get on the list you need a court order.. like a conviction or a funding of incompetence.. etc.

Not on list ...you get your gun.

On the list ...you get your day in court to fight it.

I don't claim this is perfect... its not been vetted. But I think its a step in the right direction..

I am actually fine with this, but not sure I like the Nation CARRY part of it. How about a National 2A license that needs to be renewed every two years. As long as you present a valid National 2A at the LGS, you can buy whatever you want. Getting a National 2A license would be exactly the same as passing a NICS check. Just renew it every 2 years. Only need a National 2A card to purchase a firearm, not possess one. The National 2A card would also be needed for face to face purchases. Essentially, you would have to present the National 2A card for the purchase of any firearm from any person/entity whatsoever.

That would make it virtually impossible for the feds to trace guns and to see who owns what.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Mary Poppins would be shocked to hear you get it wrong.

lol - that is it. Knew it was something old as dirt and a "musical movie". Crazy thing is, on the way to PA back in the 70's in our little Fiat, my parents played something in Italian that used the same word in the song. Thing is, I cannot find that Italian version for the life of me. Just irritating.

Next up Xanadu.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am actually fine with this, but not sure I like the Nation CARRY part of it. How about a National 2A license that needs to be renewed every two years. As long as you present a valid National 2A at the LGS, you can buy whatever you want. Getting a National 2A license would be exactly the same as passing a NICS check. Just renew it every 2 years. Only need a National 2A card to purchase a firearm, not possess one. The National 2A card would also be needed for face to face purchases. Essentially, you would have to present the National 2A card for the purchase of any firearm from any person/entity whatsoever.

That would make it virtually impossible for the feds to trace guns and to see who owns what.

Easier than that, once you have your National 2A card, it is good for life pending any entry into the NICS DB at which point it is revokable. No need for the every 2 year re-check.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    well, yeah but I am not aware of any of the hysterical outbursts ascribed to them while we visit our legislators.

sheer speculation and conjecture at this point.

They just have meltdowns at/on us in the halls. I should know, one melted down on me.

Several things here...

"protest" is not defined... the unruly will be given the gate

we are well regarded by the staff and DGS

we behave like reasonably intelligent adults

Chief Wilson loves us.

We respected their right to be there, and attended to our own business. I have little confidence they could do the same.

See above. They also get snotty if you hold the door for them.

Big is a big word.

No, no, no....big is not a big word.....BIG is a big word. :innocent0

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Easier than that, once you have your National 2A card, it is good for life pending any entry into the NICS DB at which point it is revokable. No need for the every 2 year re-check.

That is even better. You get it when you turn 18 and when you turn 21 you get another one that allows you to walk in and buy a handgun with your beer purchase.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That is even better. You get it when you turn 18 and when you turn 21 you get another one that allows you to walk in and buy a handgun with your beer purchase.

No, you get your rifle/shotgun endorsement when you turn 18, and you get your handgun endorsement when you turn 21. No need for multiple licenses or re-issuing a license with more rights.

If you end up in NICS for any reason, the license is suspended, pending an appeal process. If the appeal process does not go in your favor, the license is revoked.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    No, you get your rifle/shotgun endorsement when you turn 18, and you get your handgun endorsement when you turn 21. No need for multiple licenses or re-issuing a license with more rights.

If you end up in NICS for any reason, the license is suspended, pending an appeal process. If the appeal process does not go in your favor, the license is revoked.

What is the difference between re-issuing a license versus putting an endorsement on it? I was thinking about how a driver's license works. Provisional until a certain period, and then a new license is issued that isn't provisional.

Better comparison. Different classes of vehicle licenses. When you get a motorcycle license, you get a new license with that endorsement on it. Same goes for when you get a CDL.

Of course, these would not be "licenses", but 2A Purchase Cards.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    What is the difference between re-issuing a license versus putting an endorsement on it? I was thinking about how a driver's license works. Provisional until a certain period, and then a new license is issued that isn't provisional.

Better comparison. Different classes of vehicle licenses. When you get a motorcycle license, you get a new license with that endorsement on it. Same goes for when you get a CDL.

Of course, these would not be "licenses", but 2A Purchase Cards.

We are talking the same vehicle....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Maybe I didn't clearly state my opinion. What I'm saying is that there would be no firearm information obtained of any type. Run the NICS (or other BGC to determine eligibility) and the records are destroyed immediately. Thereby not creating any registration of any type.

The question is whether or not this can be truly implemented.

:thumbsup:

It can. I think it will... if we push for it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

National carry would be a bar to state prosecution
    ..nothing more..it would not create a Lic requirement where none exists..

But to do this we need to control the process and not let the opposition control it.

We can't be passive... and we can't demand the moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom