• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    I would have expected nothing less from our group.

There are some funny stories.

The one I know I can tell, if only because I don't know who it was...

In short, DGS staff was left scratching their heads in disbelief because we not only police the grounds, but they were watching one of our folks cleaning their child's handprints from the outside of a window!

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    I'd be fine with the hysterical mom standing or sitting next to me. Best to show our reps just what the other side looks like, and that is hysterical.

Who cares? I would rather have 2A Tuesday for some of us to get together versus no 2A Tuesday.

The NRA isn't perfect, MSI isn't perfect, SAF isn't perfect, etc., but I would rather have something than nothing.

I am willing to bet that these hysterical moms come from communities with almost zero crime and they have no idea what it is like in the bad parts of town. They have no idea what it is like to actually need a gun in a crappy neighborhood and not be able to obtain one. They have no idea how hard it is for a poor single mother, that can only afford to live in a crappy neighborhood, that can barely afford to feed her kid(s), that needs a firearm for protection but cannot get a handgun because the training and HQL fees are un-affordable without her taking food out of her kid's mouth for 2 to 3 weeks. I want to see those hysterical mothers.

Nobody said anything about not having 2A Tuesday.

And last I checked what you just said applies to most in this state. (including many legislators) Hell, I remember one legislator making an argument against FSA 2013 because it wold make buying a handgun even more difficult for people with low incomes. Of course that didn't matter to Baron Von Frosh or Frau Dumais along with the rest of the anti's.

For whatever reason they just get attention for simply being moms.

Here is one of the MD lackeys along with the queen bee:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Nobody said anything about not having 2A Tuesday.

And last I checked what you just said applies to most in this state. (including many legislators) Hell, I remember one legislator making an argument against FSA 2013 because it wold make buying a handgun even more difficult for people with low incomes. Of course that didn't matter to Baron Von Frosh or Frau Dumais along with the rest of the anti's.

For whatever reason they just get attention for simply being moms.

Here is one of the MD lackeys along with the queen bee:

I listened to the 3:16 mark. I don't think I disagree with everything they are saying, I just don't think they have a clue about all the laws that are already out there. They have n clue that unlike in Connecticut, Maryland already has a "common sense" law that requires a Form 77r and anal cavity database search on the applicant's background.

Yes, it should be a parents' responsibility to prevent their children from gaining access to a loaded firearm, or any firearm for that matter, but it doesn't hurt to teach children the safety aspect of handling a firearm should they ever come into contact with one. We teach driver safety. In fact, it is almost mandatory. However, accidents still do happen. The more people, adults and children, that are taught gun safety, the less chance there is of an accident.

Universal background checks? I'm torn on that one. Nobody with a mental disorder should be able to buy a firearm at a yard sale. However, the federal government shouldn't have a database of every gun owner in America either.

The thing with most people, even gun owners themselves, is that they have no idea what the gun laws are.

A lot of people have no idea that they become a prohibited person for a year upon their 3rd DUI conviction. They may never drink and use a firearm, but because they drink and drive, they can no longer own a firearm for a year. Yeah, that sounds like "common sense" to me. Should prohibit them from owning a vehicle for a year, maybe more.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    When's the last time you used Rabble Rouser in a sentence?

Jim Smith

lol - both 6 letter words. Humongous. Now that there is 9 letters. lol

I'll have to do a search on my computer to see the last time I used "rabble" with "rouser". Of course, you could go with one bigger word like instigator (10), agitator (8), or malcontent (10). There is also a two word phrase with the sme meaning and number of letters, "trouble maker". lol

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I still stand by my statement. Size isn't everything, you know. It's how you use your words that count.

That's my story and I'm stick with it. :innocent0
    Jim Smith

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I can't think of a faster path to a national gun registry than UBC.

we need an alternative.

I would personally, and this is just me speaking, be fine with UBC as long as the records are destroyed immediately upon results. Get a proceed, good to go and record is destroyed. Not sure how a delay or deny would get handled. The background check is one way to HELP keep firearms out of felons and disqualified individuals. I don't consider it a loophole, just something that needs working on.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I would personally, and this is just me speaking, be fine with UBC as long as the records are destroyed immediately upon results. Get a proceed, good to go and record is destroyed. Not sure how a delay or deny would get handled. The background check is one way to HELP keep firearms out of felons and disqualified individuals. I don't consider it a loophole, just something that needs working on.

Ubc fails SS, as currently implemented. Information about the gun is not relevent,, and should not be collected ...and thus would not need to be destroyed.

The rest is about an actual gun registry ..which also fails SS.

By linking background checks and firearms registration they force us to oppose both..

That's why a proposal to delink them by using carry permit as a background check is useful.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    So the assumption would be if you have a National Permit, you're a gun owner?

Tracking gun owners is not as big a deal as tracking guns. Just ask Bloomberg.

Most of us have outed ourselves anyway. ;)

To the extent than ubc can ever pass SS it must be narrowly tailored.. gun information has no relevance.

Of course if it were up to me,I would have no background check ...just a list of prohibited persons ...a ' no gun ' list..

To get on the list you need a court order.. like a conviction or a funding of incompetence.. etc.

Not on list ...you get your gun.

On the list ...you get your day in court to fight it.

I don't claim this is perfect... its not been vetted. But I think its a step in the right direction..

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Ubc fails SS, as currently implemented. Information about the gun is not relevent,, and should not be collected ...and thus would not need to be destroyed.

The rest is about an actual gun registry ..which also fails SS.

By linking background checks and firearms registration they force us to oppose both..

That's why a proposal to delink them by using carry permit as a background check is useful.

Maybe I didn't clearly state my opinion. What I'm saying is that there would be no firearm information obtained of any type. Run the NICS (or other BGC to determine eligibility) and the records are destroyed immediately. Thereby not creating any registration of any type.

The question is whether or not this can be truly implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom