• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    By that logic illegals get to vote also.
    No. The Constitution did NOT specify who may vote. The 19th Amendment updated the situation.

The Nineteenth Amendment provides:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
    Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    To me, you answered the question. Do not non-citizens have limited rights here until they become full fledged citizens? If not, than why go through all the trouble?
    Estate matters is one. A non citizen spouse pays estate taxes if spouse dies.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    ****Gun show loophole... :rolleyes:

You can apparently get anything you want, including machine guns, howitzers, and crew assisted weaponry with under 155mm shells at a gun show without showing any ID or even having to prove you are human and not just humanoid-like, which is a lower standard. I guess anything above 155mm, or nukes requires at least one form of ID maybe?
    I was all set to get one of the 153mm towed Guns guns but then I heard you can never find any shells for them. Kind of like with the those 38mm flare launchers that were supposed to help out with M203 envy.

Complete buzzkill.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    To me, you answered the question. Do not non-citizens have limited rights here until they become full fledged citizens? If not, than why go through all the trouble?
    I do believe we are bearing witness to exactly this. Illegals may not be able to vote, but they are counted in the census so there is that.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I do believe we are bearing witness to exactly this. Illegals may not be able to vote, but they are counted in the census so there is that.
    Some local municipalities in several states allow residents to vote locally, including illegals.

Federal vote must be a US Citizen for now. There are plenty of people with green cards paying more Federal taxes than I do that can't vote. I'd rather they had the right than many citizens paying no taxes.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Some local municipalities in several states allow residents to vote locally, including illegals.

Federal vote must be a US Citizen for now. There are plenty of people with green cards paying more Federal taxes than I do that can't vote. I'd rather they had the right than many citizens paying no taxes.
    Yup, our very own District of Columbia is one of those municipalities. I would 100% be behind some form of voter controls along the lines of being a tax payer. This would be a step in the right direction of ensuring that one has skin in the game.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

Then WTF do you propose for those who pay no taxes and vote?

AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    I think this a great opportunity for the SC to clarify who exactly the founders regarded as “people” in their time. While you may see this as a slippery slope to non citizen voting, it could also be applied to remove voting rights of current citizens that don’t meet the intended definition of “people” in the American colonies during 1776.
    The slippery slope can fall both ways. It is much easier to be honest and concise than play games in the long run. Liberal activist judges and prosecutors are just winding up a pendulum. God help us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom