• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    So our communist government lets in a army of illegal aliens who now need to be armed. We now have given people who if they are of a military mission to destroy this nation, every means to do so.
    Incredibly stupid but hey, we give our enemies pallets of cash too.
    Lefitist logic. :sad20:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Seriously, though ... should you be deprived of the 4th amendment's protections until you can prove you're a citizen? At that point it's too late. How does a cop know for sure you're a citizen when deciding in advance whether or not he can do a no-probable-cause dig through your stuff at a traffic stop against your wishes? Doesn't that protection exist both for you and for your grandmother visiting from Canada?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    But how would they legally obtain a firearm, at least in the state of Maryland (and most of the blue states) and how would they qualify for a CCW?

****Gun show loophole... :rolleyes:

You can apparently get anything you want, including machine guns, howitzers, and crew assisted weaponry with under 155mm shells at a gun show without showing any ID or even having to prove you are human and not just humanoid-like, which is a lower standard. I guess anything above 155mm, or nukes requires at least one form of ID maybe?

I helped teach an HQL type class a few weeks back and some lady said she was taking the class so she could learn to shoot safely and properly vs the people she heard about from....wait for it....CNN's Fareed Zakaria who go to a gun show and walk out with a handgun/rifle/shotgun, etc.. by just paying cash apparently, no ID required... :crazy:

I guess lots of people just don't know, and the news is the news... Fareed Zakaria seems like just an honorable guy too!

Old article screenshot... He's still at CNN after multiple bouts with issues related to plagiarism surfaced a few years back... Somehow he kept his job, unlike the former President of Harvard who got ousted, apparently for no other reason than racial...
    :sad20: Sure, she plagiarized the crap out of her dissertation, but whatever! All for the better good! :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2024-03-18 135012.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 135037.png

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    ****Gun show loophole... :rolleyes:

You can apparently get anything you want, including machine guns, howitzers, and crew assisted weaponry with under 155mm shells at a gun show without showing any ID or even having to prove you are human and not just humanoid-like, which is a lower standard. I guess anything above 155mm, or nukes requires at least one form of ID maybe?

It's true. Just last week at a gun show I bought a XJ132 Atomic Modulator without ID or wait. It's a wild west out there man!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I thought being in the country illegally was a felony. I thought a felony disqualified a person. I think the failure is 100% jusdicial branch for not enforcing it. I think it would be fair to impose teh same penalty their home country has.
    Mexico - a penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five hundred thousand pesos
    bolivia - Deportation for 3 years and fine
    China - Imprisonment, criminal detention, or public surveillance, and fine, depending on nature of offense; foreigners also subject to deportation.
    El Salvador - Expulsion.
    Post #15

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is a complex area. Let’s say you’re a tourist, a non-citizen, from Ireland, visiting the US. Should that person get the protections of, say, the 4th or 5th amendments? Should that person enjoy - while here legally - the 1A’s protection of the freedom of association? If the Bill of Rights only applies to citizens, what about good people in the middle of the years long process of naturalization, who have a green card, etc?

The 2A/illegal immigrant issue should be simpler. Their first act in the context of being on US soil is to break the law. Maybe we should examine whether that lawbreaking should rise to the prohibitive level.
    To me, you answered the question. Do not non-citizens have limited rights here until they become full fledged citizens? If not, then why go through all the trouble?

Last edited:

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I'll change that to should...

I never claimed to be a constitutional scholar. There are limits.

That's a different argument. I think an argument that makes sense is that it applies to all people who are here legally. If you are vacationing, here on a Visa or a citizen, then it applies to you.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Seriously, though ... should you be deprived of the 4th amendment's protections until you can prove you're a citizen? At that point it's too late. How does a cop know for sure you're a citizen when deciding in advance whether or not he can do a no-probable-cause dig through your stuff at a traffic stop against your wishes? Doesn't that protection exist both for you and for your grandmother visiting from Canada?
    Outside of Natural Rights NOT being dependent upon a Government granting them to us, we may be onto something....

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    From the Federal Firearms Transaction Record (form 4473):
    l. Are you an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States?
    m.1. Are you an alien who has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa?
    m.2. If you answered “Yes” to question 21.m.1, do you fall within any of the exceptions stated in the instructions?
    n. Do you intend to sell or dispose of any firearm(s) listed on this form or any continuation sheet(s) to any person described in questions 21(b)-(l) or
    to a person described in question 21.m.1 who does not fall within a nonimmigrant alien exception?
    I certify that my answers in Section B are true, correct, and complete. I have read and understand the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions onATF
    Form 4473. I understand that answering “yes” to question 21.a. if I am not the actual transferee/buyer is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal
    law, and may also violate State and/or local law. I understand that a person who answers “yes” to any of the questions 21.b. through 21.l. as well as 21.n.
    is prohibited from receiving, possessing, or purchasing a firearm. I understand that a person who answers “yes” to question 21.m.1. is prohibited from
    receiving or possessing a firearm, unless the person answers “yes” to question 21.m.2. and provides the documentation required in 26.d.
    I also understand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom