• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    wife found (think it's Federal) 325 packs for 19.50 she only bought 4 and doesn't remember where she bought em grrrrr

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    fare enough regarding the duds mentioned but that wasn't what I was necessarily arguing.

selling those or GB at 35-40 dollars when a year before that they were 23.99 is just as equally gouging imo.

again, it just took dsg and cabelas longer to hop on board with it.

Fair enough.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What has me puzzled is how the Rem TBolts are holding $40 for a 525 pack whist WM is selling (when you can find it) M22 1000 packs for $48 and change (I think that was the most recent price I saw).

Or gander is selling federal 36gr CPHP bulk 525 for $24.99 (or is it $29.99?)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I know. I have plenty of CCI quiet. I haven't seen the "fragmented" version before.

Hmm, yeah. I've heard of them, but never seen the frag variety anywhere for sale. I wouldn't mind picking up a few boxes. About to get my oldest shooting my 10/22 and would love a few boxes of quiets to start him out on.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Fragmented or segmented? Segmented splits into 3 pieces from what I've seen in videos. I wanted to try some for when the rabbits attack the garden in spring.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I thought so but, never know what the next buzz will be in 22 ammo. It looked interesting. The regular segmented looked to be stinger speeds with the 3 piece bullet.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I know. I have plenty of CCI quiet. I haven't seen the "fragmented" version before.

The segmented is copper jacketed VS the LRN. I like the LRN better. Shooting the LRN CCI quiet through a CZ455 and a Spectre II all you hear is the hammer fall. Haven't shot it passed 25yds so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Could be a good squirrel setup.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The segmented is copper jacketed VS the LRN. I like the LRN better. Shooting the LRN CCI quiet through a CZ455 and a Spectre II all you hear is the hammer fall. Haven't shot it passed 25yds so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Could be a good squirrel setup.

I know exactly what you mean. I have shot some through my Savage mark II with a warlock II on it :D

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I know exactly what you mean. I have shot some through my Savage mark II with a warlock II on it :D

The quiet ammo is a lot of fun to shoot, too bad it won't cycle semi auto's. I have to rack my 10/22 to eject the spent round every shot. Standard velocity works well in semi auto's and is still pretty quiet.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    The quiet ammo is a lot of fun to shoot, too bad it won't cycle semi auto's. I have to rack my 10/22 to eject the spent round every shot. Standard velocity works well in semi auto's and is still pretty quiet.

I have an old Stevens 22 rifle that I discovered will actually cycle quiets. Never seen it cycle in any other semiauto...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Cabelas has Mini Mags (solid and HP), Quiet, Standard Velocity, and 21 grain copper hollow point. And has for a couple of days.

9 cents per round.

Plus a number of others. Winchester, Norma, etc

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I have an old Stevens 22 rifle that I discovered will actually cycle quiets. Never seen it cycle in any other semiauto...

Maybe it's time for new springs? You don't want to damage it with the hot stuff if the spring is sagged out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom