• Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Alabama 32%
    Indiana 23%

17 states over 10%

Nationwide 10.2%
    Excluding NY & California 8.5%

But no , Maryland will Never reach those numbers . Different cultures , no history of widespread carry , plus SB-1 and 21-22 for now .

Ultimate topping out would be in 3-4% range .

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I was very gratified to see Maryland 's numbers quickly jump beyond my predictions based of initial curves and eventual number's. But with Maryland's stiff entry $ and time commitment, and ( temporary) restricted ability to actually carry , I'm predicting essentially static for near future , until SB-1 and 21-22 are settled.
    This is still holding alot of people back including myself. For me its more the time commitment. I could manage it it wouldnt be easy but considering I can rarily carry after Oct 1st I am waiting. I cant carry at work because theres a pre-school above me and a dentist below. I can carry on my boat which I already do since MD classifies it as a house. There is an eye doctor in the plaza that I do most of my shopping at. Cant carry in restaraunts that serve alcohol which is most of the ones I go to when I go out to eat. However once all the dust settles in the courts I will be getting mine and I am sure there will be another large surge. Most people I talk to are like me and waiting for it to work through the courts so the Time and Money is worth it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Veteran status ( or other exemption) removes the time hassle, and more than half the $ .

But yeah , post October - pre overturns will be a harder sell to non enthusiast general public .

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    This is still holding alot of people back including myself. For me its more the time commitment. I could manage it it wouldnt be easy but considering I can rarily carry after Oct 1st I am waiting. I cant carry at work because theres a pre-school above me and a dentist below. I can carry on my boat which I already do since MD classifies it as a house. There is an eye doctor in the plaza that I do most of my shopping at. Cant carry in restaraunts that serve alcohol which is most of the ones I go to when I go out to eat. However once all the dust settles in the courts I will be getting mine and I am sure there will be another large surge. Most people I talk to are like me and waiting for it to work through the courts so the Time and Money is worth it.
    IIRC a boat is a home only while not underway. One you start moving it is a vehicle and subject to those rules.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Maryland's actual carry numbers are way over the permit numbers. My best guess would be about 1 out 4 have bothered with a permit.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    by the time that all happens, it's going to cost so much, why even bother? If you haven't needed a gun for defense, you probably won't. The gov't will continue keeping you safe. ;)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Guess what? MSPLD has CHANGED the curriculum. There is a new version. Special thanks to John H. Josselyn 2A MD for alerting us

Last edited:

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Guess what? MSPLD has CHANGED the curriculum. There is a new verision. Special thanks to John H. Josselyn 2A MD for alerting us
    Yup I was also just informed. I am also being told these are all drafts and could change all the way up to the last minute. Not sure I'd schedule any courses until mid Oct so the new stuff can be decoded.

TD

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    It does say that a projector PowerPoint presentation is required, which is insane, because they have only produced a PDF as far as I can tell.

Yeah what if I want to teach the lessons using interpretive dance?

Maryland is trampling my First Amendment rights!

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The time and money are still worth getting the permit, the rest of this crap will be worked out by the courts.
    As for carrying on a boat, I don't believe you can while it's underway.
    You need to check DNR regs.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    IIRC a boat is a home only while not underway. One you start moving it is a vehicle and subject to those rules.
    You would be correct though there is an exception for certain shotguns atleast in the chesapeake. But right now that is a hoop I will begrudgingly jump through.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    by the time that all happens, it's going to cost so much, why even bother? If you haven't needed a gun for defense, you probably won't. The gov't will continue keeping you safe. ;)
    My current opinion is concealed is concealed and be the gray man as much as possible.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    The time and money are still worth getting the permit, the rest of this crap will be worked out by the courts.
    As for carrying on a boat, I don't believe you can while it's underway.
    You need to check DNR regs.
    I cannot while underway. But when docked or anchored I can carry. While underway it has the same rules as traveling in a car.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Which is code for "Golden Shower".
    F4TIf5MXkAIjkl-.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member