• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Powerpoint can handle .pdf materials...and publish in that format. The problem is that what MSP has provided is more outline than curriculum.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I will have to make a few changes to my 271 page PP, but not a lot. It already had the quotes for a lot of maryland laws, aka the under age stuff, and the parts about taking guns to the police when your a prohibited.

But oh the joy of doing it just because annapolis thru a trantum.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Ok , I'll bite . MoCo laws have an effect for those live/ work/ frequent MoCo . What's the HoCo specific factors ?
    Nothing right now, but if it’s going to be like MoCo( I don’t know tye specifics of MoCo laws except don’t)….

My current understanding in HoCo is you can, except for schools and at the mall.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    HoCo is essentially state law , as applied statewide ( none of the grandfathered local ordinances are from HoCo ).

Slightly simplified - SB-1 which goes into effect statewide October 1st , is substantially of the same theme as MoCo's 21-22E already in effect . They differ in various details .

Certain aspects of the upcoming State Law are tiny bit " less worse " than MoCo , but they both suck major time , have have essentially same effect on the public .

MSI is actively sueing on both . Join MSI . Contribute Generously to MSI Lawsuit Fund . Do both . If you are in position to have to be low profile , Gun Show this weekend at HoCo Fairgrounds , and MSI booth will be there . The donation can will accept anonymous US Currency , if that's how you roll .

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    HoCo is essentially state law , as applied statewide ( none of the grandfathered local ordinances are from HoCo ).

Slightly simplified - SB-1 which goes into effect statewide October 1st , is substantially of the same theme as MoCo's 21-22E already in effect . They differ in various details .

Certain aspects of the upcoming State Law are tiny bit " less worse " than MoCo , but they both suck major time , have have essentially same effect on the public .

MSI is actively sueing on both . Join MSI . Contribute Generously to MSI Lawsuit Fund . Do both . If you are in position to have to be low profile , Gun Show this weekend at HoCo Fairgrounds , and MSI booth will be there . The donation can will accept anonymous US Currency , if that's how you roll .
    Cash makes no enemies so everyone can be friends with msi.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I will have to make a few changes to my 271 page PP, but not a lot. It already had the quotes for a lot of maryland laws, aka the under age stuff, and the parts about taking guns to the police when your a prohibited.

But oh the joy of doing it just because annapolis thru a trantum.
    I’ve been thinking about a refresh anyway. I also had a lot of it covered but just in a different way. I’ve hit a call into MSP to ask about order of delivery, etc.

TD

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    That being said, the only situation I would "shoot through the door", would be if someone is getting ready to lob a Molotov cocktail.
    The thing about having them break the threshold getting in, it shows the threat's intention of doing something.
    I would add a case like one recent viral case wear the Ring camera showed they have guns. That is the proof of intent to harm.
    Though, a liberal DA in that case might still charge attempted murder because he said he wasn't home. That can be ruled "lying in wait." But no sane jury would convict.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would add a case like one recent viral case wear the Ring camera showed they have guns. That is the proof of intent to harm.
    Though, a liberal DA in that case might still charge attempted murder because he said he wasn't home. That can be ruled "lying in wait." But no sane jury would convict.
    Sadly, not all juries are sane.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Gotta be careful not to turn this into a Md law seminar. Especially if you are not a lawyer or qualified LE. I’d suggest citing the lesson plan so you are not interpreting laws by accident. Make the class aware of law and move on.

Remember, some one does something stupid they may quote what you said in your course as the reason. ‘Tis a slippery slope we are being placed on.
    TD

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Gotta be careful not to turn this into a Md law seminar. Especially if you are not a lawyer or qualified LE. I’d suggest citing the lesson plan so you are not interpreting laws by accident. Make the class aware of law and move on.

Remember, some one does something stupid they may quote what you said in your course as the reason. ‘Tis a slippery slope we are being placed on.
    TD

" This material is presented to you in the form required by State of Maryland . If you have questions as to the interpretation of the State's required language , please consult your knowledgeable lawyer ."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I went thru that crap pdf page by page today. Using the whole pdf as a presentation would be incorrect. There are pages that are NOT to be presented directly to students; rather they are pages instructing the instructor on how to do the presentation and a few crap pages that are just references explaining what the source material is. I'm sure there are going to be some instructors that print and bind the pdf and pass it out to each student but don't actually use it at all.

Directly in line with Biggfoot's comment, there is explict instruction to instructors to inform students that the class format was developed by MSPLD, MD AG office and MD Dept of Health.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    …there is explict instruction to instructors to inform students that the class format was developed by MSPLD, MD AG office and MD Dept of Health.
    Perhaps students with questions about the law or various potential scenarios should direct such queries to MSPLD.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I hesitated to say either MSP LD , or AG's office .

We know the inconsistency of answers from individual Troopers , and don't want to give a softball to AG to interpret everything in ( most restrictive possible interpretation ) .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I hesitated to say either MSP LD , or AG's office .

We know the inconsistency of answers from individual Troopers , and don't want to give a softball to AG to interpret everything in ( most restrictive possible interpretation ) .
    That has not necessarily been so even with the most liberal AG's in the past. I know one of the top assistant AG's (a career state employee, not a political appointee). Even under Frosch we occaisionally saw straight up the middle interpretations when a question was asked.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I went thru that crap pdf page by page today. Using the whole pdf as a presentation would be incorrect. There are pages that are NOT to be presented directly to students; rather they are pages instructing the instructor on how to do the presentation and a few crap pages that are just references explaining what the source material is. I'm sure there are going to be some instructors that print and bind the pdf and pass it out to each student but don't actually use it at all.

Directly in line with Biggfoot's comment, there is explict instruction to instructors to inform students that the class format was developed by MSPLD, MD AG office and MD Dept of Health.
    I also got through it all this week. I fell into the trap of to many words in the PowerPoint. The document turns into a script and we should def make sure people know it’s not our fault.

TD

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    The decrease in demand is bad for everything. Legislators get their way by discouraging people. Less people equals less noise about “rights”.

I know the amount of people who have permits increased a good bit, it wasn’t enough. If we went from 20,000 to 2 million it may have made more of an impact.

TD
    It might still go to 2 million. There are alot of us that are waiting for the dust to settle before we get ours

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It might still go to 2 million. There are alot of us that are waiting for the dust to settle before we get ours

Probably not .

For comparison to state of similar size , with pocket of large liberal population, and relatively new to general public having opportunity for CCW , a good comparison is Wisconsin.

$40 fee . Training requirements met by Hunter Safety or equivalent.

End of 2022 , 96K active permits out of 5.9 million population.

I was very gratified to see Maryland 's numbers quickly jump beyond my predictions based of initial curves and eventual number's. But with Maryland's stiff entry $ and time commitment, and ( temporary) restricted ability to actually carry , I'm predicting essentially static for near future , until SB-1 and 21-22 are settled.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****Unlikely that in the state of Maryland we end up with 2 million permit holders unless our population goes up a lot more than our current 6 million people. 2 million would be one out of three people at current population rates. I don't think any state has anywhere near that percentage of permit holders per their overall population.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom