• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    87518c623d3e398f7fe4df6ffadd501d.jpg

These were times and scores for my first go on The Humbler, Tuesday. I was not thrilled with my distance shooting. So I went back yesterday (Wednesday) for a brush up. I piped in some tunes through the Petor’s, fired another 100, more deliberate shots at the same distances. 25rds from each 5, 10, 15, and 20 yards. From the holster, three rounds a mag, etc etc.

52f2f0671d1c4918cc155bcd6f051348.jpg

Slowing down, having the tunes…this may be how I shoot from now on…something about having a good rhythm to drive you. Any event, my hits were much improved. Learn more about my sight picture (how MY eyes are displaying the image to ME) with each trip. Grip is pretty much doing what it needs too. As long as I get my solid grip, my shots are sure.

My improvement from just 01JAN to yesterday 08MAR are noticeable. Sure enjoying myself

- Brent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Snap shooting has its place, but I typically relegate it to 3 yards and in. Even at five yards I’ll track my front sight to the target. At a distance of 21 feet (7y), I for sure want to be seeing my front sight. Like I said, it has its place.

From your low ready, and when you press out..do so slowly for a couple dry fires and start getting in the habit of catching that front sight early. Quicker and earlier as you go on. Bob Vogel is a speedy sumbeach, and he’ll catch that front sight nice and early. I’m no Vogel, but he had to start some place as well, yeah? Speed will come with proficiency!!

I have an RMSc on that pistol which helps with these old eyes. I did find it a useful excerise, but I usually try to pick up the dot.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

While I’ve shot Bill Drills in the past, I hadn’t tried with my new shot timer.

Had some fun after the regular training session.

I know my first issue. In catching my front sight (slowly), I am over focused on that perfect first hit. Shooting an IDPA target, whether it’s center on on the line, it scores. To up my speed I need to dry draw, and I need to become quicker in knowing when my front sight is on its acceptable target area. Filming helps catch things with recoil management as well! Saw online where the expected completion time is 3.50. I had some under and some over. All good practice!!

- Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom