• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Land based or from a boat?
    I am fishing from a boat. Never got a chance to check with the waterman, my buddy had enough frozen to carry us for the two mornings of fishing.

Caught a ton of small fish yesterday, a couple keepers, but today it was pretty slow, only one keeper early and a handful of throwbacks, moved up north of the Bridge later in the morning and the fishing up there was even slower... should have stayed where we were for a couple more hours.. lol

I'll follow up this week and see what's up with fresh alewive, would be nice to line some up for after the next couple/few days of rain...

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Group of four from Winchester, VA on the boat today. Two were sea sick, and I'm surprised they didn't want to come in early. Rough and rainy today. We caught about 20 or so undersized fish, and a limit of legal sized fish, including 3 overs. The largest went 39" today and was on a rod with another 27" on the second bucktail.
    image.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The large mouth bass must be spawning right now because they are locked up pretty good...Ive gotten a couple 3/4 pounders but nothing bigger than that really...

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    The large mouth bass must be spawning right now because they are locked up pretty good...Ive gotten a couple 3/4 pounders but nothing bigger than that really...

Sounds like the hens are off the beds and the males are protecting. The hens will be hungry soon. Fish a little deeper.

When the "green heads" are paired off, good indication the largemouth are on the beds.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Great bite today on the bay, over 50 caught, kept a limit of a nice grade of fish.
    The fish were bitin for sure today! Two of us chummed, boated 3 early on and then let em go lookin for a biggun.... we must have caught and released about 40 fish, mostly in the 20" class, but nothing much over 24". Headed over to see the air show at the Naval Academy and then hit a jigging spot on the way back north and boated our 4th and a few more releasers on jigs... great day for sure! :beer:

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    That's a nice fish. Where did you launch at Kittamaqundi? That seems like a weird lake.

Down where the water lets out into the stream. There's a boat ramp there. You have to park down below whole foods and carry to the ramp since you can't get to it with a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    The fish were bitin for sure today! Two of us chummed, boated 3 early on and then let em go lookin for a biggun.... we must have caught and released about 40 fish, mostly in the 20" class, but nothing much over 24". Headed over to see the air show at the Naval Academy and then hit a jigging spot on the way back north and boated our 4th and a few more releasers on jigs... great day for sure! :beer:

:D:thumbsup:
    I'm moving the boat up the bay after this weekend. Can't wait to start using spinning rods next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom