• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Those are some nice rocks! I'm going out to allegheny county to turkey hunt Friday and Saturday. Hoping to be back in time on Sunday to troll around on the kayak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    The fishing this past weekend was pretty sparse. We had five hits, landing four of them, with the one that got away somehow breaking the 80 lb braid main line. It was much nicer on Monday, as we didn't have to deal with the (literally) hundreds of other boats on the water. No rhyme or reason to what was hit (umbrellas, tandem rigs, chartreuse, white were all hit), but most were caught on the shallower-running gear.
    Sunday's catch:
    24Apr16-1_zpsvcb0u3ho.jpg

Monday's catch:
    25Apr16-1_zpsujyouwsd.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Those are some nice rocks! I'm going out to allegheny county to turkey hunt Friday and Saturday. Hoping to be back in time on Sunday to troll around on the kayak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going rock fishing in the bay on your kayak? My son wants to do that.

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Are you going rock fishing in the bay on your kayak? My son wants to do that.

I doubt I'll go in the bay. I'm thinking about going out of Jonas Greene on the Severn and fishing near the mouth. I'm in a 10ft sit in kayak so big water is a little intimidating.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I doubt I'll go in the bay. I'm thinking about going out of Jonas Greene on the Severn and fishing near the mouth. I'm in a 10ft sit in kayak so big water is a little intimidating.
    Keep in mind that many areas of the bay are off-limits or are catch-and-release only during trophy (i.e. spawning) season. I'd hate to see you come up on the wrong side of the DNR. http://dnr2.maryland.gov/fisheries/Pages/map3.aspx

jaybee

Ultimate Member

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 579

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    bottom left looks like a "white bass"

bottom right looks like a "striped bass"

Both are striped bass.

The left one is a female, full of eggs. The one on the right is a male. Nothing more complex than that :D

As another point of reference, the record for white bass is 6 lbs 13 oz... the left fish in that pic weighed almost 40 lbs.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    The fishing this past weekend was pretty sparse. We had five hits, landing four of them, with the one that got away somehow breaking the 80 lb braid main line. It was much nicer on Monday, as we didn't have to deal with the (literally) hundreds of other boats on the water. No rhyme or reason to what was hit (umbrellas, tandem rigs, chartreuse, white were all hit), but most were caught on the shallower-running gear.
    Sunday's catch:
    24Apr16-1_zpsvcb0u3ho.jpg

Monday's catch:
    25Apr16-1_zpsujyouwsd.jpg

:thumbsup::envy:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Had a good day out this morning, shame there were only two of us... lol

We did haul in one of the most unusual catches I've had in the Bay and I been fishin here a long time... a mating pair... LMAO

(no smilies, I hear they are huge today.... )

Attachments

• IMG_3239 small.jpg
      IMG_3239 small.jpg
      94.2 KB · Views: 511
    • IMG_3240 small.jpg
      IMG_3240 small.jpg
      73.3 KB · Views: 522

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Had a good day out this morning, shame there were only two of us... lol

We did haul in one of the most unusual catches I've had in the Bay and I been fishin here a long time... a mating pair... LMAO

(no smilies, I hear they are huge today.... )

Nice fish Sticky. Let us know if she still had roe in her or was she just full of 'bunker'.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Nice fish Sticky. Let us know if she still had roe in her or was she just full of 'bunker'.
    We figured it was roe, so we released her (about 42")... caught another one that hooked up with her that was 39" and skinny that we boxed and then hooked one more up later on that was about the same as the one we put in the box.. only two of us fishing, so that was a wrap. :D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We figured it was roe, so we released her (about 42")... caught another one that hooked up with her that was 39" and skinny that we boxed and then hooked one more up later on that was about the same as the one we put in the box.. only two of us fishing, so that was a wrap. :D

Excellent!:thumbsup:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Plenty of perch from the Susky this morning. All fly caught. We let a ton swim for another day. Also one of these while smallmouth fishing.

Attachments

• 20160501_100853.jpg
      20160501_100853.jpg
      117.7 KB · Views: 411
    • P5010024.jpg
      P5010024.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 449
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads