• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Dan, where on the Susquehanna is that? I've never seen parts of the river that looked like that.

It's the secret parts....shhhh!

Mouth of Deer Creek from the river side. You're just not used to seeing it from that angle.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 13165906_653487414805842_4899100404972175166_n.jpg
      13165906_653487414805842_4899100404972175166_n.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 615

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Caught this slob last Saturday off north beach. 38ft of water on a chartreuse tandem. 42 inches, 37lbs. My personal best and the first true trophy size fish on my boat. I'm excited for the smaller fish season. Seems like it's going to be very exciting.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Very nice! Only a short time til the small fish season opens... should be good fishing!

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    We figured it was roe, so we released her (about 42")... caught another one that hooked up with her that was 39" and skinny that we boxed and then hooked one more up later on that was about the same as the one we put in the box.. only two of us fishing, so that was a wrap. :D

Well done

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Can anyone recommend any easy walk in places to drop a line in Baltimore, Carroll or Harford counties. Alas, no boat owner here. Not a serious fisherman, probably haven't been to 35 years but looking to get back into it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Caught this slob last Saturday off north beach. 38ft of water on a chartreuse tandem. 42 inches, 37lbs. My personal best and the first true trophy size fish on my boat. I'm excited for the smaller fish season. Seems like it's going to be very exciting.

Congratulations, that's a nice fish.

RebelYell

Aug 30, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    Late report from Thursday, 5/12. Finally got a break in the rain last week so my dad and I decided to take off and get in some late trophy season trolling. Went out of Solomon's at around 0600 and headed towards the channel just north of Cedar Point. Caught the first fish (36") at around 0730. Trolled towards the steep ledge of the channel on the Eastern Side and lost an umbrella rig. Something hit one of the boat rods and snapped a brand new 100lb test coastlock swivel. Hooked up on this fish soon after (39") and we had our limit by 0930.

Of course while I'm reeling the lines in to head back, we hook up on another fish and had to release that one. Ended up being the biggest of the day at 40". A good day on the water with the ol man.

Attachments

• Rockfish 5.12.16.jpg
      Rockfish 5.12.16.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 406

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Saturday was interesting. We fished the gas docks out of solomons from 7-12 without a knockdown. We went back to the ramp to pick up my buddy who had a morning obligation. We set lines just outside the mouth of the river and headed north. Had all 7 rods go down within a minute of one another. 7 rods, 8 fish. All between 30-34 inches lol. Picked up another 3 before calling in with the storm rolling in. Couldn't catch a break with the undersized fish.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Mmmm.. those trout look tasty!!!

I have spent many a day up on Fishing Creek for the spring opener, but it's been years. Love to trout fish!

Heading out tomorrow, perhaps Friday too chasin stripers, but this time, we aren't gonna chase em, rather try to entice them to come to us. Hope it works... :lol2:

On a side note, anybody know of fresh alewive around the AA Co area for Friday's trip?

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Mmmm.. those trout look tasty!!!

I have spent many a day up on Fishing Creek for the spring opener, but it's been years. Love to trout fish!

Heading out tomorrow, perhaps Friday too chasin stripers, but this time, we aren't gonna chase em, rather try to entice them to come to us. Hope it works... :lol2:

On a side note, anybody know of fresh alewive around the AA Co area for Friday's trip?

Anglers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom