8.jpg

1.jpg

9.jpg

Chupacabra and two legged coyotes!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I finally pulled my card. First go-round of season pics. Small buck, raccoons, foxes. Also had a pic of a doe with another deer. Not much action. The deer don't seem too interested in the corn, maybe due to the warm weather and a lot of greens to still eat? I can see in the pics they look to be browsing, except one pic shows a small buck at the corn. Of course the neighbor has a feeder and who knows what else, but I assume he did last year too. There was a nice deer bed today about 15 feet to the left of the camera, so someone was cozy with the location.

Attachments

• gamecamoct202015youngbuck1.jpg
      gamecamoct202015youngbuck1.jpg
      121.9 KB · Views: 251
    • gamecamoct202015foxa.jpg
      gamecamoct202015foxa.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 346
    • gamecamoct202015foxc.jpg
      gamecamoct202015foxc.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 253

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That was what I was saying. Coyotaje would be the term if they were hauling people, like when you here of someone finding a truck load of dead illegals somewhere, where the coyotaje just left them to die.

Thought coyotajes were also, originally, guides who lead illegals across boarders before there were semis loaded with them. My mistake.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I finally pulled my card. First go-round of season pics. Small buck, raccoons, foxes. Also had a pic of a doe with another deer. Not much action. The deer don't seem too interested in the corn, maybe due to the warm weather and a lot of greens to still eat? I can see in the pics they look to be browsing, except one pic shows a small buck at the corn. Of course the neighbor has a feeder and who knows what else, but I assume he did last year too. There was a nice deer bed today about 15 feet to the left of the camera, so someone was cozy with the location.

Prob lots of acorns around...and if its not cold they wont be eating as much. Once the colder/freezing weather starts then they will be eating lots more to keep up their body fat and heat.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I know there's a million acorn in my woods and the deer have gone away. I'm not seeing them on any trail camera. I'm hoping the rut will start with the next new moon, then things should pick up. I have noticed the bachelor groups are thinning out a little too. Just last week, the group of 5 had dwindled down to just a group of 3. The daddy of the group has already left. I'm hoping I can bring him in with some estrogen after the next new moon. Seems like the big daddy will be a late in the day deer. I've not seen him on any camera early in the day all summer long.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I know there's a million acorn in my woods and the deer have gone away. I'm not seeing them on any trail camera. I'm hoping the rut will start with the next new moon, then things should pick up. I have noticed the bachelor groups are thinning out a little too. Just last week, the group of 5 had dwindled down to just a group of 3. The daddy of the group has already left. I'm hoping I can bring him in with some estrogen after the next new moon. Seems like the big daddy will be a late in the day deer. I've not seen him on any camera early in the day all summer long.

lots of times they will move to their breeding territory. Where you see them in the summer might be just on the edge of where they go to breed. That's what happens here. I get lots of nice buck pics but never see them again till the next year. Problem here is theres lots of hunting pressure and public ground so they go nocturnal quick.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    lots of times they will move to their breeding territory. Where you see them in the summer might be just on the edge of where they go to breed. That's what happens here. I get lots of nice buck pics but never see them again till the next year. Problem here is theres lots of hunting pressure and public ground so they go nocturnal quick.

Totally agree. Where I hunt, those bucks start showing back up around the end of December. That's why late ML and late bow seasons are my favorite times to hunt for big bucks here. Warm spells during this time are very productive as well as post cold fronts.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Today's pull- nice 8 pt and 2 mystery critters. 1st oddball looks like a raccoon falling out of a tree? The 2nd is either a feral black cat, teeny melanistic raccoon, melanistic possum, or huge mink ( or a fisher from northern Harford crossed the river!- I saw tracks for one in Balto county almost 6 years ago, so one getting into Harford isn't too far fetched ). It's prob just a stinking feral cat though. Lower right is where it is, that black thing.

Not much activity from the deer- not much corn eaten, and I set the cam last time overlooking a deer trail and set corn there, so this is the deer trail results after 1 week. I also had a 4 point and a couple pics of a doe and 1 fawn. And a raccoon's butt LOL

Attachments

• gamecam102615-8pt.jpg
      gamecam102615-8pt.jpg
      101.9 KB · Views: 253
    • gamecam102615whatzit.jpg
      gamecam102615whatzit.jpg
      97.6 KB · Views: 165
    • gamecam102615whatzit2.jpg
      gamecam102615whatzit2.jpg
      104 KB · Views: 253

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Today's pull- nice 8 pt and 2 mystery critters. 1st oddball looks like a raccoon falling out of a tree? The 2nd is either a feral black cat, teeny melanistic raccoon, melanistic possum, or huge mink ( or a fisher from northern Harford crossed the river!- I saw tracks for one in Balto county almost 6 years ago, so one getting into Harford isn't too far fetched ). It's prob just a stinking feral cat though. Lower right is where it is, that black thing.

Not much activity from the deer- not much corn eaten, and I set the cam last time overlooking a deer trail and set corn there, so this is the deer trail results after 1 week. I also had a 4 point and a couple pics of a doe and 1 fawn. And a raccoon's butt LOL

second pic is a deer bolting off to the right...Ive seen quite a few similar to that on my game cams...the light or if your camera makes a sound triggers and spooks the deer. after a while the deer get used to the light but the sound still gets them OR something scares it the exact time the pic is taken.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    It's an IR camera, so it's not supposed to flash a light is it? Does look like a deer butt, but the lower legs aren't long enough or bent at the joint right to be totally out like when they leap. It should be off the ground some more, even for a doe fawn. If you look at the 2nd pic in the same spot you will see 2 thin sticks where it looks like a dark body outline if it was a deer, but it is actually those 2 thin sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom