• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I think they do see something or something spooks them at the time they are getting their pic taken...so it appears they get spooked by the IR lights. Just my observations on many thousands of pics Ive gotten on my cameras.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I think they do see something or something spooks them at the time they are getting their pic taken...so it appears they get spooked by the IR lights. Just my observations on many thousands of pics Ive gotten on my cameras.

I got one of those new black out lights that have no flash, sound or lights of any kind and the night time pics suck on it. I got a couple IR cams and the Quality of pics is way better. But give it a few years and the black out cams will be just as good

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got one of those new black out lights that have no flash, sound or lights of any kind and the night time pics suck on it. I got a couple IR cams and the Quality of pics is way better. But give it a few years and the black out cams will be just as good

I've got 3 cameras and the blackout camera is by far the best one I own. I loaned one of my cameras to a member here. I hope he's getting good pictures. Would like to hear from him.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have one cam I leave up and running year round. I run it on video and have witnessed more than one buck's negative reaction to the camera's IR lighting. It is the flash.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I had some old veggies from the last of this years garden and threw them out below the house...seems like the moose smelled them:lol2: only pic I got of him though...:sad20:

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
      PICT0016.JPG
      125.4 KB · Views: 342

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    How close to the house was this picture taken? Isn't it strange to have a moose come that close to a house?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had some old veggies from the last of this years garden and threw them out below the house...seems like the moose smelled them:lol2: only pic I got of him though...:sad20:

That's cool! How old do you think that moose is? Is that a Shiras Moose? Is that what you have out there?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    How close to the house was this picture taken? Isn't it strange to have a moose come that close to a house?
    not around here...Ive seen more moose than elk lately...we are on the edge of woods...Ive seen him hanging around the fields a lot.

That's cool! How old do you think that moose is? Is that a Shiras Moose? Is that what you have out there?

Im just guessing but prob 2.5? I think that's the type of moose here..

heres a few more pics for you guys...

Attachments

• PICT0988.JPG
      PICT0988.JPG
      152.3 KB · Views: 317
    • PICT0731.JPG
      PICT0731.JPG
      75 KB · Views: 323
    • PICT1256.JPG
      PICT1256.JPG
      84 KB · Views: 321
    • PICT1255.JPG
      PICT1255.JPG
      83.5 KB · Views: 319

Jmorrismetal

Sep 27, 2014
    I ran across the very first digital game camera I know about the other day. It used two 6 volt batteries wired in series to get 12 volts for the IR sensor and a tap in the middle to run the digital camera.

The aluminum part with the servo was sandwiched between the mount and camera with a 1/4-20 bolt and most ion would activate the modified servo to push the button, no movement and it would go back home. The dip switches controlled delay between shots.

IMG_20150908_164720_629_zpskae6rbwu.jpg

IMG_20150908_164837_522_zpscve6eer0.jpg

I remember thinking how far advanced it was to be able to look at photos when I was there vs having to get film developed once I made it back to town.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    No joke, this is a picture of a friends trail cam from back in March. Set up on a piece of property in Montgomery county that's bordered on three sides by swamp/wetlands. He set up the camera and his stand but family stuff got in the way all year and a week or so ago he went back to retrieve his stuff. When he got home and put a new battery in the camera he found this picture.

Attachments

• IMG95254111.jpg
      IMG95254111.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 245

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    No joke, this is a picture of a friends trail cam from back in March. Set up on a piece of property in Montgomery county that's bordered on three sides by swamp/wetlands. He set up the camera and his stand but family stuff got in the way all year and a week or so ago he went back to retrieve his stuff. When he got home and put a new battery in the camera he found this picture.

just looks like a shirtless dude walking in the woods..

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yeah, I've got pictures of this guy too. I didn't see anything unusual, so I deleted it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom