• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah, and when the bleep zapper gets crossed with the gooble farber, you better be sure to have the Ixway hummelfarbed against the stippled wangus.

That's how I'd handle it.

But then, my flip phone was way smarter than me. My smart phone is a complete waste of money. Technology not my friend...then or now.

Long as you guys keep the nitwits n knuckleheads at bay; thanks.

...And the thingamabob's connected to the doohickey. And the doohickey's connected to the hoozit. And the hoozit's connected to.....

Egads!! THERE'S the problem. The hoozit isn't connected. Lemme fetch my hoozit wrench.:lol2:

:D

That's one nice thing about the iphone. It's tailor made for us dummies.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    48985549.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    Anybody have an issue with the banning of LR now?

Related note, Norton deserves a medal.

And to think I actually took up for him once in one of the many hammer lane patrol threads regarding his deceased godson.

I wanted to think the durn fool had more class than this. Color me a giant ass.:rolleyes:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I've modified an IP stack for a work project and IIRC the MAC doesn't travel along w/ the IP. MAC is part of the physical (ethernet) layer. IP protocol sits on top of that and does NOT encapsulate the MAC (never remember which layer is which in the OSI model.) Each node that an ethernet packet hops through gets its MAC replaced w/ that device. I don't think an end user (the website) can ever determine the originators MAC addr. The MAC they will see is the last one from their own ISP's router the server is connected to.

Good idea but you forgot to layer a flux capacitor in between the optical transceivers.

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Yeah, and when the bleep zapper gets crossed with the gooble farber, you better be sure to have the Ixway hummelfarbed against the stippled wangus.
    Unfortunately you've failed to apprise the affect of the transcifigal fluglezend. 7 dimensional flux packets are in play as well.

JK. Hats off to our MDS brothers and sisters at No Such Agency.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD

That's how I'd handle it.

But then, my flip phone was way smarter than me. My smart phone is a complete waste of money. Technology not my friend...then or now.

Long as you guys keep the nitwits n knuckleheads at bay; thanks.

I hope I never see another post about a "stippled wangus" :shocked4:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've modified an IP stack for a work project and IIRC the MAC doesn't travel along w/ the IP. MAC is part of the physical (ethernet) layer. IP protocol sits on top of that and does NOT encapsulate the MAC (never remember which layer is which in the OSI model.) Each node that an ethernet packet hops through gets its MAC replaced w/ that device. I don't think an end user (the website) can ever determine the originators MAC addr. The MAC they will see is the last one from their own ISP's router the server is connected to.

I don't understand all that...but I'm assuming it means that the IP address can be worked around, which I kind of suspected.

When you log in there are numbers that get associated with your account. Your IP address and your MAC (media access controller) number. When you get banned your IP and your MAC number which an individual identification number for specific device. Routers NIC's and modems all have this number. In addition to your IP address pretty much all will ID you down to who you are. So once an IP address gets a ban even if you go to a friend's house to sign up for an account you will still never be able to sign on to any devices that may be associated to your screen name.so new cell phone cable modem new router and a new computer is what it would take to get past that first layer of defense. 2nd people write in a style that is unique to them. Use of words phrases and simple grammar mistakes are hard to miss. It is not hard to root out alternative accounts once you know what to look for. Like who would not suspect a person with the Screen name of Kemosobi not suppect that it would not be the lone ranger. Humans are creatures of habit and sooner or later people slip up and give themselves away.

That aspect of it fascinates me for some reason...like getting into the mind of a serial killer...wait! Isn't that also profiling?

It's funny, before he went Ban Voyage, I had heard more about Lone Ranger than from him. I thought I was going to like him. I'm definitely a follow the rules kind of guy...although I do respect the fast lane ;) I guess he just kind of snapped??? Had he ever done that before?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If I ever... decide... to make... a fake account... just look for... the overuse.... of ellipses :-)

Uh oh! I do that too...wait...are you really...me? I guess they could try to sort us out by that MAC address thing...but I'm on a PC...:D

Seriously though...kudos to you for knowing not only what to call those three dots, but also how to spell it ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom