• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikee1973

Sep 17, 2010
    Michigan
    just be careful, some say that 1911's are like Evil Black Rifles, they tend to multiply once you get one. Got my first 1911 this year, anniversary colt and am now considering an RIA Railed Tactical to deck out and get silly with, just fighting the urge and its a constant inner battle LOL

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    The only 1911-ish guns FreeState had were that and a double stack Para. Both were 4" barrel guns. I'm not worried about whatever I get multiplying. I'm more interested in breadth-first acquisitions as opposed to depth-first. E.G. I'm more likely to get a 9mm next, then a shotgun, then a .308 rifle, maybe a .22 something...etc. Then if I really get into one of them, maybe explore the options a bit more.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Double Eagles were an abomination. Albeit usually accurate if they would go bang.

If I ever get back to aquiring additional firearms , would like to test drive an LDA .

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Well, almost 2 years later, I finally brought one home! S&W 1911 E-Series! I put 100 rounds down the barrel last night, I really like the solid feel of it. I'm pulling shots to the left slightly, not sure why I do that with this gun only. The trigger is just about perfect for me. I still touch one off accidentally with the PPQ now and again, but I doubt that will ever happen with this baby.

I might throw some VZGrips on it, but other than that I'm pretty happy!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well, almost 2 years later, I finally brought one home! S&W 1911 E-Series! I put 100 rounds down the barrel last night, I really like the solid feel of it. I'm pulling shots to the left slightly, not sure why I do that with this gun only. The trigger is just about perfect for me. I still touch one off accidentally with the PPQ now and again, but I doubt that will ever happen with this baby.

I might throw some VZGrips on it, but other than that I'm pretty happy!

If you're right handed, you aren't putting enough finger on the trigger so when you pull the trigger, you're pushing the gun to the left.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Was the "nip"/"red spot" on your hand right at the bottom of the "V" between you thumb and fore finger?

It's the back of the safety. (How's THAT for irony?) :)

Mine does it quite often. Has even bled a couple of times after about 100 rds. Been meaning to have Dr. Bob look at it,but just haven't gotten around to it.

Actually it is hammer bite, from the web of the hand getting OVER the short safety and the hammer hitting it.

BT, DT.

Many 1911s come with an extended beavertail grip safety to stop this.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I own a SIG P220 now, which I love, but, I have he opposite problem, my hands are smaller. And the SIG is a thicker grip, in addition to being a WORLD CLASS PISTOL. It is one of the most accurate and smooth shooting .45acp's you can buy, straight out of the box.

I am looking to GET a Colt .45 acp, as soon as I can, due to the thinner grips. But you should at least try a FULL SIZE 1911, and maybe one with an extended Magwell also, as this will provide the extra length also.

ANd not in this order, but, I would rate the top 3 .45acp's as the 1911. SIG P220 and the FN .45 ( I like the tactical for the threaded barrel & cutout for a optic already made ).

Try all 3 and choose the one that FEEL's best. Good luck, tough choice's there :-)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    MADE IN USA

Very nice Springfield MADE IN USA . Got to like that . Is it a pro series ?

Hmmmm. need to be a little careful about that :D I believe that MOST if not all of their frames are made in Brazil. SO, kind of like an American car of today.
    MADE IN USA .........of parts from Mexico, Canada, China, Japan, etc, etc :lol2:

Unfortunately, MADE IN USA is not what it used to be years ago.......many things are not the same, guess I'm just getting old...sniff, sniff....hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom