• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadhawg

Bee Farmer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Free America
    From their Facebook page;

As of today the ATF shut down our business of selling solvent traps. This is 99% of our income. They have put 3 Veterans, my wife and son out of work. They said I can't sell freeze plugs. NAPA can't even sell them to us because they are a suppressor part. They said all I can sell is complete suppressor's. That is what we do for now until I get some legal help to fight these vauge laws or opinions. The issue is NFA items. He said tubes and freeze plugs were suppressor parts. Would that mean if you have a shotgun and a hacksaw you have a sawed off shotgun? If you own a AR isn't that a potential SBR?

My plea for help is to make this Viral to the Trump admin, the Trump family and such. I have been put in the street over mindless opinions. I had talked to the ATF in the past and they had no issues. Today they shut us down.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    From their Facebook page;

...They said I can't sell freeze plugs. NAPA can't even sell them to us because they are a suppressor part...

That is complete BS on their part. So NAPA can't sell nuts, bolts and screws because they are suppressor parts? Complain to your Congressional reps. LOUDLY AND PUBLICLY. :mad54:

'04 Cummins

Defenestrator
    Ordering another muzzle brake now, at least I'll be able to use the can I already have made on another rifle. As I said in the other thread, I'm waiting on 2 separate form 1's that I haven't ordered any parts for yet. Hopefully this gets reversed shortly. I feel for those guys, completely shutting them down like that.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You've got to be freaking kidding me. I have a Form 1 pending and was planning on using their products. FU BATFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Threaded barrels next. threads will be an evil attachment.

In a sense in Maryland it already is because there is not actual definition or explanation of what is a flash hider. So their are a lot that would say a muzzle break or compensator can be classified as a flash hider "flash suppressor". So unless it a thread cover it is an evil feature. Or thought as one given the input from the majority on here.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    In a sense in Maryland it already is because there is not actual definition or explanation of what is a flash hider. So their are a lot that would say a muzzle break or compensator can be classified as a flash hider "flash suppressor". So unless it a thread cover it is an evil feature. Or thought as one given the input from the majority on here.

I don't mean to debate semantics but...

I was under the impression that it takes two "evil features" to meet the that part of the definition of an 'AW?' So threaded barrel will still be gtg.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I don't know what the owner of this company is complaining about.

He walked RIGHT up the legal line. And began rubbing his junk all over it. Taunting the ATF. In fact, daring the ATF to do something about it. Now he's shocked that the ATF did something about it.

These parts are no different than the folks who sell/were selling Solvent Trap adapters. AKA: Oil Filter adapters. A $9.99 Solvent Trap Adapter + a $4.99 Oil Filter = Suppressor in the eyes of the ATF.

While I agree that a bunch of parts does not constitute a completed suppressor, having the parts allows one to build a completed suppressor. An auto-sear is not a machine gun. But the ATF considers possessing an auto sear as being in possession of a machine gun.

Looking forward to the possible passing of the HPA. Then all this suppressor and tax stamp nonsense can be put to bed. Then we can all run out and buy mag-lites and freeze plugs and tinker in our basements untill the cows come home.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Any machine shop can make the threaded tubes and caps you guys are looking for.

And NAPA still sells all sizes of freeze plugs.

Everyone can still get their parts. Just have to get them from multiple vendors.

Which, in the end, may save a lot of folk's bacon. Legally speaking.

PS: Curious as to how many folks the ATF busted for making their suppressors prior to their stamps arriving.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I don't mean to debate semantics but...

I was under the impression that it takes two "evil features" to meet the that part of the definition of an banned weapon? So threaded barrel will still be gtg.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Yes you are correct there that it is only one evil feature but what if you wanted a folding stock on your Non Banned Ak Style rifle. Then now with the lack of clarity of flash hider you have to choose one or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom