How I got into Full Auto Cheap but still have a nice gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I've already stated in my will that I'm getting burried with an M16/ M4, 5000 rounds of ammo,nuff mags, a Glock and Rem 870. I'm planning a coup de etat down there and got plans to turn hell into a tactical gun range/ resort.

I am younger and have a Shovel! I would rather put in a little work then pay your widow for them! :innocent0

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Do you have one of these uppers yet? If so, I'll fill up one of my Suomi drums and bring it to the next TCA shoot. :thumbsup:

Na... my Max11 is good enough. I am not dumping 800 in a new upper my 22 kit will not work with. I would like to shoot one... I think you should get one! I had a SCA Suomi upper at one time... it had a lot of issues!

For now I am saving up for a MP18/MG08 deal or for a Colt M16a1.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Na... my Max11 is good enough. I am not dumping 800 in a new upper my 22 kit will not work with. I would like to shoot one... I think you should get one!

I'm in no hurry to pick up a Max31 upper. I'm still waiting on my M10/9 to be approved. I have a LAGE upper that is patiently waiting to meet her new friend. Hopefully next month. :fingerscrossed:

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'm in no hurry to pick up a Max31 upper. I'm still waiting on my M10/9 to be approved. I have a LAGE upper that is patiently waiting to meet her new friend. Hopefully next month. :fingerscrossed:

I don't believe the max31 works with the m10/9 does it? I thought that was for the m11 lower.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I have an M11/9 Older model though. Not sure it would work. Anyone have a link to the Max31 website?

Dave

I think Stonycreekarmory.com is what you are looking for

but from what I read online hes had some customer service complaints

I'm inclined toward the LAGE that the OP has.

I watched the Video's on the Lage website last night and decided that my F/A quest has begun. I was looking at Subguns.com classifieds last night and apparently I'm not the only one who was convinced.

There are a lot of M11's in "SPF" status or outright sold.
    May just Man up and go for the .45cal

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Max prefix uppers are Lage uppers. http://www.max-11.com/ Max11, Max31...etc.

SCA is not shipping product at all last I heard. Do not order from them at all!

Yeah M11s are moving at $2.5 to $3k. Cheap ammo, cheap FA.

If I had the money, I may go for an UZI over a Max11 but thats the only one until you get up to a MP5 (The King of transferable subguns, hands down!)

I have an M11/9 Older model though. Not sure it would work. Anyone have a link to the Max31 website?

Dave, Older model? Do you have a FA gun or semi pistol? Max uppers are for FA only.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    400px-M11SMG.jpg

Do you have to register this as an SBR when you added the stock? Or is it still considered a pistol?

Dave

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Do you have to register this as an SBR when you added the stock? Or is it still considered a pistol?

Dave

SBR, AOW, etc. is "included" with the Full Auto if I'm not mistaken; no need for separate stamps. Suppressors you'd still need the stamps for though.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Pat and his Thompsons might challenge that statement.

He can all he wants but the Tommy gun just does not shoot nearly as well as a MP5. I might take it over an Uzi but the MP5 has it beat hands down.

Yeah a MG can have a stock or not and any barrel length you want. It can't be a SBR as its not a rifle... its a MG!

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    Max prefix uppers are Lage uppers. http://www.max-11.com/ Max11, Max31...etc.

SCA is not shipping product at all last I heard. Do not order from them at all!

Yeah M11s are moving at $2.5 to $3k. Cheap ammo, cheap FA.

If I had the money, I may go for an UZI over a Max11 but thats the only one until you get up to a MP5 (The King of transferable subguns, hands down!)

Dave, Older model? Do you have a FA gun or semi pistol? Max uppers are for FA only.

Where are you guys finding them at 2.5K Proabbly buy one today for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom