How I got into Full Auto Cheap but still have a nice gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Got a chance to shoot an HK33 with happy switch on Sunday... pretty neat little gun. I see where the love of select-fire comes from. Anyways, $4.5k for the OP's M11 setup seems pretty reasonable, at least given that it's FA.

That said, I'd like to have a safe full of properly-equipped, quality SA firearms before I bother with full-auto gear.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That said, I'd like to have a safe full of properly-equipped, quality SA firearms before I bother with full-auto gear.

Thats what happens to a lot of people and a lot of time its a big mistake! What you enjoy doing might be FA shooting. If you buy a safe full of semis and after getting one, decide FA shooting is the way to go... then you have to sell your whole safe of semis. Its been done before! I have stopped buying all semi auto guns for the time being... until I have a good spread of FA guns. I have also sold a few of my semis with no regret! After shooting FA, shooting semi seems like wasting good FA ammo! No joke!

I am not saying to skip semis, just check out FA now and maybe you will have a safe of half and half or maybe just one or two FAs in there too...

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Full auto capability is a nice thing to have. The happy switch does contribute a lot to the fun factor.

With that said, A good entry level Selective Fire Sub-gun is a must for any collector. A suppressed mac11 with a lage slow fire upper is reasonably priced. It will also allow you to keep up with others using Uzi, Colt 635 and MP5s.

I used to collect Semi- auto... after getting bit by the class 3 bug... Semis dont do much for me anymore. Right now, you can get semi- automatic guns, but transferable FA are getting to be rare. Get one before they disappear.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    For the time being its limited to our ever other weekend shoot and events. It use to be nothing... so we are quickly moving in the correct direction. You can not shoot FA anytime at this point. Maybe in the future...

Personally, I have found that the FA shoot ever other week is enough to empty my pockets of ammo money. I don't think I could afford to shoot more often. Also remember because its a special time, you are shooting with other FA guys and get to see/Shoot their guns. Its actually kind of nice.

Good points. Thanks

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Full auto capability is a nice thing to have. The happy switch does contribute a lot to the fun factor.

With that said, A good entry level Selective Fire Sub-gun is a must for any collector. A suppressed mac11 with a lage slow fire upper is reasonably priced. It will also allow you to keep up with others using Uzi, Colt 635 and MP5s.

I used to collect Semi- auto... after getting bit by the class 3 bug... Semis dont do much for me anymore. Right now, you can get semi- automatic guns, but transferable FA are getting to be rare. Get one before they disappear.

They won't disappear, they'll just reach even more astronomical prices. I have hope that one day the unconstitutional ban will get struck down. A back door tax scheme to ban ownership is unheard of. I cannot believe it has managed to stay around for 25 years.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    They won't disappear, they'll just reach even more astronomical prices. I have hope that one day the unconstitutional ban will get struck down. A back door tax scheme to ban ownership is unheard of. I cannot believe it has managed to stay around for 25 years.

Thats what Im saying... I paid 3200 for a Registered M16, 650 for mac11/9, 2400 for my AC556, 2600 for a Vector Uzi, 900 for a Reising, 10500 for an M60. and 3100 for an MP-5 Navy.

I really cant afford anymore class three stuff nowadays.:sad20:

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Thats what Im saying... I paid 3200 for a Registered M16, 650 for mac11/9, 2400 for my AC556, 2600 for a Vector Uzi, 900 for a Reising, 10500 for an M60. and 3100 for an MP-5 Navy.

I really cant afford anymore class three stuff nowadays.:sad20:

When was that on the aforementioned? 15 years ago?

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA

Wow! What a great investment. I wonder where your equivalent money would be had you put that money into the s&p 500. Your probably way way ahead. Yet another reason to buy more guns :thumbsup:

-Jim

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    If you are just getting into the full auto stuff nowadays. Expect to pay big bucks. Supply and demand at work.

and its only an investment if you profit from it( as per my wife). I'm never going to sell my stuff, unless its to finance an upgrade.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    and its only an investment if you profit from it( as per my wife). I'm never going to sell my stuff, unless its to finance an upgrade.

Damn Women, to smart for our good! My wife said the same thing.

Oh and if you have a M60, we really need you to come on out and shoot with us! Thats one of the few guns none of us have.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Damn Women, to smart for our good! My wife said the same thing.

Oh and if you have a M60, we really need you to come on out and shoot with us! Thats one of the few guns none of us have.

Unfortunately, I sold the 60 sometime ago to raise money for downpayment on a new house.( effin wife pressure alright...had to get the stupid hardwood floors and finished basement) I have not been able to forgive myself for doing that. I still remember the days when 308 was cheap and belt-fed guns were affordable.

Now, I get to experience the same recoil by kicking myself in the behind everytime I think about the 60. Sell another machinegun? ( as per my wife) HelllllLLLL nooo! Are you effin nuts? Keeping them is cheaper than me going into rehab or popping prozac like m&ms.

I've already stated in my will that I'm getting burried with an M16/ M4, 5000 rounds of ammo,nuff mags, a Glock and Rem 870. I'm planning a coup de etat down there and got plans to turn hell into a tactical gun range/ resort.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Unfortunately, I sold the 60 sometime ago to raise money for downpayment on a new house.( effin wife pressure alright...had to get the stupid hardwood floors and finished basement) I have not been able to forgive myself for doing that. I still remember the days when 308 was cheap and belt-fed guns were affordable.

Now, I get to experience the same recoil by kicking myself in the behind everytime I think about the 60. Sell another machinegun? ( as per my wife) HelllllLLLL nooo! Are you effin nuts? Keeping them is cheaper than me going into rehab or popping prozac like m&ms.

I've already stated in my will that I'm getting burried with an M16/ M4, 5000 rounds of ammo,nuff mags, a Glock and Rem 870. I'm planning a coup de etat down there and got plans to turn hell into a tactical gun range/ resort.

Make it an AR-15 and leave one more transferable for the younger(mine) generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom