• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Out of curiosity, since this will be a timed event, will there be a maximum rounds per stage? Does the precision gun have to be a bolt action? I'm thinking with a semi-Ar set up with a 30 round mag even if you only hit 50% you could clear the whole match before a bolt guy could get off 3 or 4 shots.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Out of curiosity, since this will be a timed event, will there be a maximum rounds per stage? Does the precision gun have to be a bolt action? I'm thinking with a semi-Ar set up with a 30 round mag even if you only hit 50% you could clear the whole match before a bolt guy could get off 3 or 4 shots.

With Mayberry, it's limited rounds. You get X number of rounds to hit X number of targets. The time limit is usually plenty of time.

steveinmd

Mar 3, 2008
    Westminster
    Only hitting 50% of the targets isn't very precision shooting. And I'm pretty sure this would be one of those examples of missing fast enough to lose the battle.

Steve

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Only hitting 50% of the targets isn't very precision shooting. And I'm pretty sure this would be one of those examples of missing fast enough to lose the battle.

Steve

Understood, but our guys that shot the contagion with spr's were hitting at better than 90% at those distances on steel. Just trying to get an idea of how best to prepare for this.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Understood, but our guys that shot the contagion with spr's were hitting at better than 90% at those distances on steel. Just trying to get an idea of how best to prepare for this.

This. If it's under 600 yards, I will hit over 90% with my SPR. I don't know anyone with a bolt gun who would do this shoot :sad20:

Jim

trp7

Apr 3, 2009

Were the targets sub moa and out to 600 yrds?

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    With Mayberry, it's limited rounds. You get X number of rounds to hit X number of targets. The time limit is usually plenty of time.

Ther will be round limits to all but one stage, but that stage will also be timed.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Just a sponsor update,as of today we have:
    Manners Composite Stocks
    Accu-Shot
    Predator Custom Shop
    BVAC (Bitterroot Vallet Ammo)
    Badger Ordanance
    Wilson Combat
    Accurate Pawn and Tackle
    Tab Gear

Last edited:

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Just a sponsor update,as of today we have:
    Manners Composite Stocks
    Accu-Shot
    Predator Custom Shop
    BVAC (Bitterroot Vallet Ammo)
    Badger Ordanance
    Wilson Combat
    Accurate Pawn and Tackle

Sounds like that could turn into a sweet prize table. :party29: Awesome job on the sponsors. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    I just unpacked the box of goodies from Marty at Badger Ordanance... WOW I very generous sponsor!

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    I just unpacked the box of goodies from Marty at Badger Ordanance... WOW I very generous sponsor!

Very Cool. I look forward to watching Team Shell win all this stuff...
    Thanks to the sponsors and more importantly, the guys organizing this innovative match.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Very Cool. I look forward to watching Team Shell win all this stuff...
    Thanks to the sponsors and more importantly, the guys organizing this innovative match.

If you read the original post it is a luck of the draw prize table. All shooter have the same chance to get first crack at the prize table. The shooting is just for fun and maybe a trophy. So with that said the last place team could walk away with the two best prizes on the table if they are lucky at the drawing. On the other side the first place team could go home with bragging rights and a t-shirt.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Tom;

What, no love for the Secretary??
    I thought you were sliding me the best item under the table..

"Secretary" and "under the table", Based on these key words shouldn't my eyes be rolling to the back of my head? It's a shame I don't go for your type Steve.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Tom;

What, no love for the Secretary??
    I thought you were sliding me the best item under the table..

Hmmm the Secretary under the table? That is wrong in just so many ways. :lol2:

Be careful what you wish for.

"Secretary" and "under the table", Based on these key words shouldn't my eyes be rolling to the back of my head? It's a shame I don't go for your type Steve.

After reading the above posts, why does Monika Lawinsky come to mind???:lol2:

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Just a reminder, match registration opens at 8 pm on Dec 1 st. An email address will be posted here on the comp section and the first 10 teams are in. You will get a return email with details if you make it in. If we have more than 10 teams we will have a wait list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom