• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    $50 is 50%
    im seeing them at 200 and over some places

I've been seeing them locally (and online auction sites) at $300 to $350 for many months. That's way too much money for what they are. $300 to $450 can buy a mighty-nice, modern S&W or Ruger revolver.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I don't think it's an unreasonable price in today's market if in good condition and genuine. Prices on Gunbroker are above and below, again depending on condition and whether they are real Mark 5s, which AIM claims. They are very cool guns, not particularly accurate and kick a lot compared to a full size Enfield, but handy and unusual. If I didn't have one, I'd be temped by this. I paid more for a really nice very early one.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    AIM has CZ82 holsters for $10 now. I bought a spare as they look almost new. Shipping is only $0.50.

XCZ82Holster.jpg

Last edited:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Classic has a 'new batch" of Chinese Type 56 SKS rifles...$299.00

"battle scarred but highly functional"

Early Original Vietnam Era Military Surplus Type 56 Chinese SKS Rifles 7.62x39, semi-auto, all milled, chrome lined barrels. Includes 10 round box mag and blade type folding bayonet. Well used and battle scarred but highly functional and very cool! These are Military turn ins and have the battle scars to prove it. Not beauty pagent winners but good shooters and a true piece of history.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/chicomsks?utm_source=Classic+Firearms&utm_campaign=7acae297ff-Mailchimp_2015-05-4_SKS_80&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_afe48e03d8-7acae297ff-238437685

Attachments

• chi-com1.jpg
      chi-com1.jpg
      4.5 KB · Views: 393

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

Early Original Vietnam Era Military Surplus Type 56 Chinese SKS Rifles 7.62x39, semi-auto, all milled, chrome lined barrels. Includes 10 round box mag and blade type folding bayonet. Well used and battle scarred but highly functional and very cool! These are Military turn ins and have the battle scars to prove it. Not beauty pagent winners but good shooters and a true piece of history.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/chicomsks?utm_source=Classic+Firearms&utm_campaign=7acae297ff-Mailchimp_2015-05-4_SKS_80&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_afe48e03d8-7acae297ff-238437685

Classic owes me free shipping on my next order so I grabbed one of these. Should have done it a year or more ago when they were cheaper, but I didn't.

Had a ton of fun shooting my commercial Chinese SKS the other day, figure I needed a "real" one!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Early Original Vietnam Era Military Surplus Type 56 Chinese SKS Rifles [...] Well used and battle scarred but highly functional and very cool! These are Military turn ins and have the battle scars to prove it.

This is pretty disgusting. NOT a point in Classic's favor. While they are not lying outright ... or maybe they are ... they are skirting the truth to the point that they are being grossly deceitful.

I guess that any military gun, made anywhere from about 1954 to 1967, could be described as, "Early Original Vietnam Era Military Surplus", but that wouldn't mean that it was used in Vietnam. Likewise, the term "battle scarred" suggests that the guns have been in combat ... even though the photos that are included show that these are the Albanian imports. The funny thing is that Albania didn't fight any wars from the time that these were made until they were sold--but I guess "battle scarred" sounds more attractive than, "beaten around by a bunch of conscripts who had to stand guard in funky concrete bunkers because their paranoid dictator feared invasion."

Sorry, Classic. This sort of willful misrepresentation is going to make this (former?) customer very suspicious of how you represent your merchandise in the future--especially the "hand select" option that I already thought was questionable.

Atlantic is still puffing the same line of total BS in their ad, unfortunately:

"Original military issue Chinese Type 56 SKS rifles in 7.62x39 caliber with 10 round built in mag, featuring hardwood stock, folding blade bayonet and milled components. They have seen active combat so they are in Used condition NRA rated Fair to Good keep in mind these are Military Surplus not trophy rifles . Stock sets may have dings & gouges , trench art or cracks but all will be solid & serviceable just not pretty .Metal parts may have bluing worn off and rough stocks but they will have good bores and are functioning rifles. We have not seen these rifles in the country for the last 20 or more years & may not come with cleaning rod. Overall these are cool and collectible Chinese SKS rifles with a lot of history behind them and a great addition to any collection. If you are looking for a Chicom SKS with battle Character & Flavor this will fit your needs and have been very popular with Vietnam war collectors and reenactors. These rifles have been in storage for several years and will be coated in Cosmoline for protection we can not guarantee numbers or markings on the rifles they may vary."

WHERE HAVE THESE GUNS "SEEN ACTIVE COMBAT"? Can they prove this? If someone on GB made such unfounded claims, the collectors would shun them. C'mon, Classic. Show some class.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    This is pretty disgusting. NOT a point in Classic's favor. While they are not lying outright ... or maybe they are ... they are skirting the truth to the point that they are being grossly deceitful.

I guess that any military gun, made anywhere from about 1954 to 1967, could be described as, "Early Original Vietnam Era Military Surplus", but that wouldn't mean that it was used in Vietnam. Likewise, the term "battle scarred" suggests that the guns have been in combat ... even though the photos that are included show that these are the Albanian imports. The funny thing is that Albania didn't fight any wars from the time that these were made until they were sold--but I guess "battle scarred" sounds more attractive than, "beaten around by a bunch of conscripts who had to stand guard in funky concrete bunkers because their paranoid dictator feared invasion."

Sorry, Classic. This sort of willful misrepresentation is going to make this (former?) customer very suspicious of how you represent your merchandise in the future--especially the "hand select" option that I already thought was questionable.

Atlantic is still puffing the same line of total BS in their ad, unfortunately:

"Original military issue Chinese Type 56 SKS rifles in 7.62x39 caliber with 10 round built in mag, featuring hardwood stock, folding blade bayonet and milled components. They have seen active combat so they are in Used condition NRA rated Fair to Good keep in mind these are Military Surplus not trophy rifles . Stock sets may have dings & gouges , trench art or cracks but all will be solid & serviceable just not pretty .Metal parts may have bluing worn off and rough stocks but they will have good bores and are functioning rifles. We have not seen these rifles in the country for the last 20 or more years & may not come with cleaning rod. Overall these are cool and collectible Chinese SKS rifles with a lot of history behind them and a great addition to any collection. If you are looking for a Chicom SKS with battle Character & Flavor this will fit your needs and have been very popular with Vietnam war collectors and reenactors. These rifles have been in storage for several years and will be coated in Cosmoline for protection we can not guarantee numbers or markings on the rifles they may vary."

WHERE HAVE THESE GUNS "SEEN ACTIVE COMBAT"? Can they prove this?

Maybe if a lot of people order, Classic will increase the price. :innocent0

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Wideners has a mess of "gunsmith specials" on sale if anyone needs parts. CZ-50s, P-1s, P-64s, Star Super Bs....

hmmm.... some temptation, I do like the challenge of making a gunsmith special whole again. Especially if it is something easy... never bought a GS special from them before. CC was cancelled last night due to fraudulent activity so I don't have a good way to pay anyway as I'm on the road and the company frowns on me using the corp amex card to buy these sort of things.... Besides, when I remind myself of what I paid for say a CZ50 originally, it isn't the deal of the century... unless the fix is easy and they are in good shape. Think I've talked myself out of this one.... until after happy hour at least.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    hmmm.... some temptation, I do like the challenge of making a gunsmith special whole again. Especially if it is something easy... never bought a GS special from them before. CC was cancelled last night due to fraudulent activity so I don't have a good way to pay anyway as I'm on the road and the company frowns on me using the corp amex card to buy these sort of things.... Besides, when I remind myself of what I paid for say a CZ50 originally, it isn't the deal of the century... unless the fix is easy and they are in good shape. Think I've talked myself out of this one.... until after happy hour at least.

Yeah, the only one that tempts me is the $175 P1....just cuz P1/38s have so many tiny parts. Having ready replacements should the need arise is tempting.

Jul 1, 2012
    It's getting hard to find (affordable) P1/P38 barrels.
    If the barrel is in good shape it's well worth it for parts.
    Hmmm....

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    The P1's are gone. How is Widener's shipping on handguns? I couldn't get a shipping estimate at checkout. Thinking of a CZ 50.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    CZ50's are a fun challenge to work on.

As expensive as original mags are for them, that's not a bad deal....

There's lots of parts out there for them. I think I have enough unfinished projects going on right now, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom