• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Confirmation the Swede shipped today, and got a call for my CC info from a guy i made a deal with on GB, he kept listing a Brazilian Mauser and bayonet and no bites. went from 425.00 down to 375 still no hits.. I emailed a offer before it went off again and said Ill do 360.00 shipped, he took it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Haven't got it yet, but the SOG unissued Bulgarian Maks are now being shipped.

:yummy:

Classic tapped into what appears to be the same batch too, but they have this strange back and forth on the webpage where they are reluctant to call them unissued (making a veiled reference to SOG).

I suspected that SOG was doing the pre-orders because they got burned when other places sold their P-64s fast, and SOG, maybe tapping into the same import supplier, seem to get stuck with larger inventory.

I wonder if the "unissued" Bulgarian Maks will be on the AIM website soon, too.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Confirmation the Swede shipped today, and got a call for my CC info from a guy i made a deal with on GB, he kept listing a Brazilian Mauser and bayonet and no bites. went from 425.00 down to 375 still no hits.. I emailed a offer before it went off again and said Ill do 360.00 shipped, he took it.

If it's the one that I looked at earlier today, it's a very good buy for $360 shipped. Nice snag!

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Classic tapped into what appears to be the same batch too, but they have this strange back and forth on the webpage where they are reluctant to call them unissued (making a veiled reference to SOG).

I suspected that SOG was doing the pre-orders because they got burned when other places sold their P-64s fast, and SOG, maybe tapping into the same import supplier, seem to get stuck with larger inventory.

I wonder if the "unissued" Bulgarian Maks will be on the AIM website soon, too.

"In fact, some in the industry, including the importer, are calling this shipment un-issued and we agree that they absolutely do look that way. However, there is no way for us to qualify that statement so we are just saying they look un-issued. At most you may see some slight storage marks where they have been setting in the wooden crates but the vast majority don't even reflect that."

That's a switch ... Classic being hesitant to puff the hell out of something! Maybe early orders with SOG will actually get unissued guns ... and maybe Classic knows that they bought cheaper, second-tier, copies from the same supplier.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's a switch ... Classic being hesitant to puff the hell out of something! Maybe early orders with SOG will actually get unissued guns ... and maybe Classic knows that they bought cheaper, second-tier, copies from the same supplier.

See Fred's post in the In Stock Now thread ... he mentioned that SOG has a handpick option with this new batch of Bulgarian Makarovs. I do think that those who pre-ordered expecting unissued condition, should get the cream of the crop without having to pay for the handpick if there is clear variation.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Yep ... different one ... and that one's NICER!

I talked to him a month ago about it and asked a bunch of questions. I kinda put it on the "maybe" list. Then the other night I seen it again, it was down to 375.00+35 shipping.... So I emailed.. Said look man if your tired of listing it I'll give it a shot for 360.00 shipped.
    Works out good too cause I bought 885 rounds of 7mm surplus (kynoch?)on Sat and didn't own a 7mm Mauser. :lol2:

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Here is the swede I won the other day. I paid a little more than I wanted but it looks nice..

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=508281499

Why would that idiot fill in the import mark with a grease pencil? That seller is kind of a nut with his prices.

That's a pretty rifle. I've seen a lot of SA marked Swede's lately. There weren't many, which would worry me a little - I probably wouldn't pay a premium for one given how many fakes are likely out there.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Why would that idiot fill in the import mark with a grease pencil? That seller is kind of a nut with his prices.

That's a pretty rifle. I've seen a lot of SA marked Swede's lately. There weren't many, which would worry me a little - I probably wouldn't pay a premium for one given how many fakes are likely out there.

Not the first time ive seen sellers do it, wont be the last. I dont currently have any Swede's so i figured id buy as nice as i could since it may be the only one i buy. Not sure if you guys noticed but lately ive been trying to buy One nice Mauser Per country.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

P.S.. dang picking on my poor rifle when its not even here yet to defend itself :lol2:

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

62188816.jpg

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I don't think you did bad at all. I see ones in lesser shape without Finn markings go for more than that.

Thanks, ive seen some nice Swede's at shows for about 350, but not Finn Marked. I would have liked to have got this for about 400 shipped , No one was bidding on it, i emailed the seller about 10 hours out and asked them if they would throw in shipping if i won so it would have been 400 even.. however i never got a reply, then someone bid on it about a hour to go. :rolleyes:

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Thanks, ive seen some nice Swede's at shows for about 350, but not Finn Marked. I would have liked to have got this for about 400 shipped , No one was bidding on it, i emailed the seller about 10 hours out and asked them if they would throw in shipping if i won so it would have been 400 even.. however i never got a reply, then someone bid on it about a hour to go. :rolleyes:

I would be all over a nice Swede for 350. Around here, *IF* you see one for 350 at a gun show, it's probably a parts gun or a sporter. Our gun shows are sad and frustrating for C&R stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom