• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I would be all over a nice Swede for 350. Around here, *IF* you see one for 350 at a gun show, it's probably a parts gun or a sporter. Our gun shows are sad and frustrating for C&R stuff!

We usually hit the Richmond show, York and Harrisburg PA Shows. I suspect the Md shows would yield the same as your shows for prices and selection.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    See Fred's post in the In Stock Now thread ... he mentioned that SOG has a handpick option with this new batch of Bulgarian Makarovs. I do think that those who pre-ordered expecting unissued condition, should get the cream of the crop without having to pay for the handpick if there is clear variation.

My thinking as well, which is why I'll be ringing them tomorrow to find out why they're offering hand picking on unissued sidearms.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    When they are unissued, are they always handled with care?
    Or are they also pulled out, cleaned tested then stored again?

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I received the M28 that I bought before I needed a new car and swore off all new purchases. This is a first - 74 Elvis stamps. Hey, use them if you got them.

6ab622842061cc39b0caa7d9d95bd6a7.jpg

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    So, what I can tell you about most people is that they will screw you every day until Sunday if they are given the opportunity.

"The crack is there, it isn't terrible but it's there. It is stable and doesn't get effected by shooting. I've had 4-6 with the same exact crack. It's part of the beast (M28 design). I didn't know it was there and apologize for that. I will knock off $15 and I'm telling everyone the same thing. I can't and won't go lower because the rifle is already priced to sell and would bring more on broker."

0215236feaf96dca34c6fb5f68ebcdbd.jpg

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Post makes no sense.

"The crack is there. It isn't terrible but it's there."

"I didn't know it was there."

Well which is it??????

Multiple personalities?

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    The guy is a douche. I should have asked for a pic but based on this guy's history and "senior" status, plus references from others, I assumed that it was minor. There is no effing way that he "just noticed it". I don't feel like dealing with the BS of sending it back and I think that I can glue it up, but, for someone who has a LONG history, I expected much more.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    The guy is a douche. I should have asked for a pic but based on this guy's history and "senior" status, plus references from others, I assumed that it was minor. There is no effing way that he "just noticed it". I don't feel like dealing with the BS of sending it back and I think that I can glue it up, but, for someone who has a LONG history, I expected much more.

That sucks! Let me know who so im not dealing with them

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County

That blows. Sorry to see that but otherwise it seems like a nice rifle. Which member was it so I can make sure not to deal with them?

I got kinda screwed on there over the summer when I got my Austrian Capture M1891 Italian Carcano. Rifle looked nice on the outside, but had a ton of deep pitting under the barrel. Enough to where it might not be safe to shoot. He played dumb, but I didn't pursue it any further. Too rare of a rifle for me to send back.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That sucks! Let me know who so im not dealing with them

Yes, please. Out him publicly or send a me a PM. I buy lots of rifles from various forums and don't need to run into this person.

Also-post some more pics of that rifle! Other than the crack, it looks great.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Yes, please. Out him publicly or send a me a PM. I buy lots of rifles from various forums and don't need to run into this person.

Also-post some more pics of that rifle! Other than the crack, it looks great.

hopefully not this guy( John Benedict-Augustine) who once sent me a shotgun with a cracked receiver, then i sent back and he took 5 months to repay me .. but at least he did

Attachments

• receiver crack.jpg
      receiver crack.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 190
    • receiver inside crack.jpg
      receiver inside crack.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 192

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    This guy is a joke. His excuse to me was that it's been in his safe for a year, that he listed it only because a guy said he wanted it, and he shouldn't be expected to remember what he saw a year ago. Whatever, complete horse shit. My fault. I should've asked for a picture notwithstanding that he told me it was stable, but this is my PSA to all of you - be an honest, good person.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Seriously, I'm not completely butt hurt over this because it wasn't a ton of money, but look at this guy's excuse: "I put it in my safe in 2014 and haven't looked at it since. I own a lot of firearms and can't remember each one." What a douche. He offered me $13 to buy a new hand guard for a M28. Find me a matching hand guard for $13.
    4542343439787f96c18c0751a8a977a3.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I received the M28 that I bought before I needed a new car and swore off all new purchases. This is a first - 74 Elvis stamps. Hey, use them if you got them.

You know, after the dissatisfaction of this dealing, I think you owe yourself another purchase so your last acquisition before an upcoming hiatus isn't an unsatisfactory one. Obviously, one can rationalize toward the opposite conclusion, but going out with a bang seems more in tune with the MDS gestalt vs attempting to get some admission of culpability from stopsign32v/Kevin in this buying season's final episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom